+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i5MMS, T-Mobile Fix for Internet, MMS, Hotspot, Facetime, iMessage, Logos, ect.

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Strange xxxx keeps happening. after one reboot, lost all the setting in the network Mobile Data Network. Remove the I5MMS, reinstall again, did the reset according to the instruction, still
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Strange xxxx keeps happening. after one reboot, lost all the setting in the network Mobile Data Network. Remove the I5MMS, reinstall again, did the reset according to the instruction, still no setting shows up. wrost yet, the MMS enable button is gone as well. Any help will be appreciated. I just want my internet connection back.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I need help... Both my iMessage button and FaceTime button don't want to toggle on... I toggle them on and within a blink of an eye they go back to off.. Preventing me from being able to use any of them.. Plz help I really like iMessage and FaceTime I just can't seem to get them working. Thank you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So it will allow me to use my number with FaceTime & iMessage instead of the email using a Gevey Sim with T-Mobile? & can someone please make a tutorial video for this so I can be sure it works? Don't want to mess anything up with my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Papuchongui View Post
    Yes it does

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cepj33 View Post
    So it will allow me to use my number with FaceTime & iMessage instead of the email using a Gevey Sim with T-Mobile? & can someone please make a tutorial video for this so I can be sure it works? Don't want to mess anything up with my phone.
    No I don't agree. This fix uses email not phone number.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Does not work on Verizon iPhone 4S 5.1.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bby Scroopy View Post
    what is wrong with it exactly?
    Scroopy,

This doesn't work on my Verizon 4S 5.1.1 on Gevey sim on T-Mobile.

First this thing scared the crap out of me because it pushed me all the way back to "Activiation Needed" and the phone was rejecting my T-Mobile SIM card.

I Reboot a couple of times and it took pulling out the sim card to remove the activation warning and allowing Gevey to connect to T-Mobile.

All this is just to get SMS/MMS working. The Settings>General>Network steps to "Reset Settings" under Cellular Data does nothing (Option #5). (And yes I have patched CommCenter).

I'm going to keep trying some of the other options and see if they do anything.
    This had better not mess up my activation. Removing my SIM card if ever I have to reboot is going to be a pain in the ***.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm not sure what exactly is wrong - but this solution isn't working for me.

Any thoughts on what I should be looking for? This isn't a blank install - but then again I had to jialbreak and isntall furiosmod for gevey in the first place.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default made it worse
    hey guys. this made my fiancees phone worse.

before i had manually entered settings as described in this thread:
    Support: Guide: How to fix T-Mobile MMS on the iPhone

I also had to download something from cydia (made for ios4) to get that to work. I forget what I downloaded from cydia because i did it so long ago.

She was having a 65% success rate with sending and receiving MMS after this.

I uninstalled the ios4 cydia patch, and downloaded i5MMS.

Now I don't even get the OPTION to send a pic message after going through the steps? What gives?
    Her phone is factory unlocked... jailbroken 5.1.1

i5MMS, T-Mobile Fix for Internet, MMS, Hotspot, Facetime, iMessage, Logos, ect.-photo.png

Please help!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Ok so **** this program. It totally wrecked my fiance's iphone. I almost had to format it.

Follow this guide if you want MMS.

Support: Guide: How to fix T-Mobile MMS on the iPhone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have and iphone 4 on 5.1.1 Jailbroken with sn0wbreeze and I am using ultrasn0w and I go thru the steps and everything works and looks like it is activated but when I am trying to do FaceTime or imessage it isnt working to calls like it is working but the person I am trying to do it with is getting nothing on his iphone. I can sent sms and pic just fine.... any ideas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default doesnt work with phone number
    This solution only works with e-mail and not with the phone number.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cooldesi For This Useful Post:

guitar54 (07-06-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried it with email also with no success anyone have a solution?

Developer
    Thanks

@guitar54, @cooldesi , and especially @emericanab this app does work and just because about 5 of you guys cant get it to work right without emailing me or asking me for help i would kindly ask you not to insult my app. thank you.

now in order for facetime to not use your email sign out of your apple id from the facetime! it should look like this

i5MMS, T-Mobile Fix for Internet, MMS, Hotspot, Facetime, iMessage, Logos, ect.-img_0078.png

Now the same goes for imessage.

i5MMS, T-Mobile Fix for Internet, MMS, Hotspot, Facetime, iMessage, Logos, ect.-2012-07-10-14.39.27.png

so you can use your apple id, as i prefer to use or log out of your apple id and use your phone number.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bby Scroopy For This Useful Post:

FoSixBoy (07-12-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bby Scroopy View Post
    @guitar54, @cooldesi , and especially @emericanab this app does work and just because about 5 of you guys cant get it to work right without emailing me or asking me for help i would kindly ask you not to insult my app. thank you.

now in order for facetime to not use your email sign out of your apple id from the facetime! it should look like this

Attachment 598696

Now the same goes for imessage.

Attachment 598698

so you can use your apple id, as i prefer to use or log out of your apple id and use your phone number.

Hi - So we are using this board to share - when we send you emails, no one else gets to benefit from answers - make sense? We are not insulting your app - no idea why you think this! :-)

Anyway back to business - 1) How do you log out of your apple ID? I do not see what you are showing when I logout. I can never see a phone number like you have shown in your pictures. 2) The network settings randomly disappear for no reason. I have to go back into your app and reapply the TMO settings...don' know why. This happens overnight and randomly during the day.

Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone FoSixBoy's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks! Worked perfectly for me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello.. It worked for me for like 3 days and then I had to restore my phone 3 times already. I have done all your instructions exactly how you described and got imessage and facetime to work with my phone # temporarily. However when I did a reboot and downloaded the commcenter patch everything changed. it erased all my cellular data network setting and if I go to message or facetime settings and switch to on, it automatically switches back to off in a sec.All my Cellular data network settings clear out randomly and I have to do the simple mobile apply settings again. Also everyone on my text messages that has an iphone does not display their contact name any more. Just there actual number. if I try to download the Simple mobile setting again, it will no longer change the cellular data network and just leave it blank no matter what. I am running 5.1.1 with a 4s Gevey Ultra sim with Simple Mobile. Please help me as I can not afford to restore my phone once more. Is there any way to remove the commcenter patch?

Green Apple
    Thanks

did the reset two times and tried all five settings. 3g is off. not sure what i'm missing. imsg still only showing email addy and not phone number and not able to imsg with phone number or do sms/mms.

suggestions would be greatly appreciated. i'm sure it's something i'm missing since it appears to work for everyone and thx scroopy for all your effort in doing this!!

neurosys

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Guys with all due respect stop giving bby scroopy such a hard time... It worked for me 100% my FaceTime and iMessage looks EXACTLY like bby scroppy's pictures..... I'm currently running iOS 5.1.1 on my iPhone 4S unlocked with Gevey Sim

For the settings:

- This is an alternative that worked for me..
    first do everything as explained in the instructions.
    for simple mobile apply the settings
    go to Settings>General>Network and switch 3G to off and turn ON DATA ROAMING
    Next go into Cellular Data Network
    You should see the settings
    Instead of pressing "Reset Settings" twice manually enter "simple" in both APN and manually enter "http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf" in the very last field which should also say "UA Prof" as part of its title
    Then press home button. Go back into settings and keep pressing back until u can't
    then respring

Guys with all due respect stop giving bby scroopy such a hard time... It worked for me 100% my FaceTime and iMessage looks EXACTLY like bby scroppy's pictures..... I'm currently running iOS 5.1.1 on my iPhone 4S unlocked with Gevey Sim

For the settings:

- This is an alternative that worked for me..
    first do everything as explained in the instructions.
    for simple mobile apply the settings
    go to Settings>General>Network and switch 3G to off and turn ON DATA ROAMING
    Next go into Cellular Data Network
    You should see the settings
    Instead of pressing "Reset Settings" twice manually enter "simple" in both APN and manually enter "http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf" in the very last field which should also say "UA Prof" as part of its title
    Then press home button. Go back into settings and keep pressing back until u can't
    then respring just to make sure (u don't necessarily have to)
    now under "Data Roaming" it should contain MMS right below the toggle where it explains
    next go to i5mms and enable features for FaceTime and iMessage... Wait for respring
    (make sure u have wi-fi on so activation could go quicker) enable both FaceTime and iMessage and it should use your phone number

Worked like a charm for me!!

P.S. - For T-Mobile users I'm sorry Idk if it works the same because the settings are different for cellular data network.

GREAT WORK BBY SCROOPY
    Last edited by Papuchongui; 07-13-2012 at 07:55 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am no where giving BBy Scroopy or any one on this post a hard time. To be quite honest I was about to donate for such a great fix. However as I said it worked perfectly for the first day and then when you download the comm patch or reboot, all my celllular data network entries turned blank and my internet would not work. Strangely it looks like this happens on about the 3-5th day I installed the app, if that has anything to do with it. I just would like to be helped. I did even all your settings you stated and still no luck. It actually gave me a new 4g toggle (instead of 3g) but once I respring that went away. It appears that many on this post are having similar issues as myself. Just hoping someone has my same issues and found a permanent solution.

and on another note/update...when I click on imessage/facetime toggle on, it instantly turns off in a sec. It wont let me switch to on. Once again, when it worked for the first day, it was very easy to display my cell number instead of email address. That was never the issue.. it was just that Cell data network turns blank and imessage/facetime toggles only stays "off"
    Last edited by kuyachizz; 07-13-2012 at 08:52 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok understood..

It sounds painful but I just wrote down my contacts on a separate sheet of paper and I restored..

After that try patching the CommCenter BEFORE applying settings.. That's what I did in my past try.. Once u patch CommCenter it goes into searching and/or no service... If u do this before u shouldn't lose them after pressing apply settings then try my instructions again by manually entering simple in APN and entering the UA Prof link... Then press enable features for FaceTime/iMessage and have wi if on so activation could go faster.. I too had the problem with the toggles.. But I just restored..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Lost cellular data network
    Well I tried this fix and ended up losing my data and mms. I ended up restoring from backup, got mms back but no data. I restored as a new iphone, still no data. Can anyone tell me how to get data back? my iphone 3gs is unlocked on tmobile 5.1.1.... im not having much luck searching elsewhere.

thanks for any help