Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g Reset, now won't get past Apple on screen (I'm a newbie...sorry!)

Default 3g Reset, now won't get past Apple on screen (I'm a newbie...sorry!)
    Hey!

I purchased a previously jailbroken iphone 3g off Craigslist for use with T-mobile. Our SIM card worked great, but the seller had left a bunch of songs and videos we didn't want on the phone. So I thought (foolishly) that the best way to erase all of them would be to reset the phone (chose reset in settings...the one where it erases all content).

So when I did that, the phone turned off, and then back on to the picture of the Apple Logo. It was like that for several hours, ran out of battery overnight, and when I plugged it in, it immediately returned to that screen and has been that way for several more hours.

I did a google search about the problem, and most questions that were similar took me to modmyi.com forums. However, for a novice, the solutions were way outside the realm of my knowledge. I think the main problem is that I have no clue what was used to jailbreak the phone in the first place.

Can you give me some help as to what to do next? This phone was working perfectly before, so I'm sure I'm just missing something simple. Thanks for being patient with an Iphone newbie!

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by snydwalker76 View Post
    Hey!

I purchased a previously jailbroken iphone 3g off Craigslist for use with T-mobile. Our SIM card worked great, but the seller had left a bunch of songs and videos we didn't want on the phone. So I thought (foolishly) that the best way to erase all of them would be to reset the phone (chose reset in settings...the one where it erases all content).

So when I did that, the phone turned off, and then back on to the picture of the Apple Logo. It was like that for several hours, ran out of battery overnight, and when I plugged it in, it immediately returned to that screen and has been that way for several more hours.

I did a google search about the problem, and most questions that were similar took me to modmyi.com forums. However, for a novice, the solutions were way outside the realm of my knowledge. I think the main problem is that I have no clue what was used to jailbreak the phone in the first place.

Can you give me some help as to what to do next? This phone was working perfectly before, so I'm sure I'm just missing something simple. Thanks for being patient with an Iphone newbie!

Jason
    Plug into itunes and do a restore and you should be good. If you get an error then use a program called ireb to put into dfu mode and restore.