+ Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Official T-Mobile 3G Speed Watch Thread

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
looked at the coverage map and im in los angeles. but i've periodically checked for 3g when im driving around town, but still have never been able to access 3g
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    looked at the coverage map and im in los angeles. but i've periodically checked for 3g when im driving around town, but still have never been able to access 3g yet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Im getting 3g in a lot of spots in Queens and Brooklyn, NY.
    Looks like Tmobile is finally switching on their 1900mhz and they are doing it fast in the NYC area. Everyday I am getting 3g in new areas.

Speeds are pretty fast as well. Generally 4-7mbps download.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just caught it in Pompton Lakes, NJ last night. Also, caught it in Saddle Brook, NJ a few weeks ago. The NYC area is definitely being farmed quickly.

Thanks

In what part of Queens, NY are you getting 3G?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Getting 3g in Bayside part of Queens. Along the Cross Island Parkway and also Northern Blvd. area in Bayside.
    There is also 3g in a lot of Jamaica, Queens and now parts of Astoria.

I leave my "enable 3g" tab on now and I dont lose cell service anymore either.

Go to airportal.de and you can see all the reported 3g areas around NYC. A lot of them are in Queens.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Picking it up in other towns in north Jersey, but now I'm in for something I 'never' had as a T-mobile customer with an iPhone: terrible battery life w/ 3G enabled.

My iPhone honestly just lost all of its battery overnight at 20%. This never used to happen. Now I know.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default How did i get this network?
    Official T-Mobile 3G Speed Watch Thread-photo.png

So this was driving cross country from Vegas to North Carolina...i'm in a remote part of Utah...i'm using a factory unlocked iPhone 4S, and my carrier is Tmobile....how am i picking up a "4G" ATT network when the phone is only made for 3g?

Also, does anybody know if Tmobile is changing their networks to support 3G (for the iPhone 4s) and their 4G networks so they'll work with the new iPhone 5?

I'm going back to vegas this weekend, so i'll test out the 3g network, will post pics if successful. I'm now living in Charlotte, NC and hope its not too long before the 3g will work here. So tired of being on Edge, and have almost pulled the trigger on a Galaxy III so many times...especially now that tmobile has unlimited 4g data.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,621 Times in 5,899 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelwes View Post

Also, does anybody know if Tmobile is changing their networks to support 3G (for the iPhone 4s) and their 4G networks so they'll work with the new iPhone 5?
    You should read through the thread, Vegas was one of the first cities for the T-Mo refarming, and most major cities/hubs will be updated by the end of the year which is great news for T-Mo customers using iPhones.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I leave my 3G on now and notice that recently I've been losing service a lot and getting no bars/no service. Hopefully this is signs of 3G coming to the DFW soon.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelwes View Post
    So this was driving cross country from Vegas to North Carolina...i'm in a remote part of Utah...i'm using a factory unlocked iPhone 4S, and my carrier is Tmobile....how am i picking up a "4G" ATT network when the phone is only made for 3g?

On the most recent iOS devices (iPad 3rd gen and 4S), at&t considered it 'necessary' to force Apple to claim they have 4G while it is actually 3G/HSPA. Hence why it says '4G' on the status bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    You should read through the thread, Vegas was one of the first cities for the T-Mo refarming, and most major cities/hubs will be updated by the end of the year which is great news for T-Mo customers using iPhones.
    Also, the iPhone 5 should support T-Mobile's LTE frequencies, along the refarmed PCS 3G/'4G' network, when they fully go live. The LTE network probably won't be available for at least a year if not more, so there will probably be a new iPhone (and better support for it on T-Mobile) by then.

I myself can't wait to see the refarming around my areas. I would like having an option for unthrottled unlimited data for a decent price.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
    Also, the iPhone 5 should support T-Mobile's LTE frequencies, along the refarmed PCS 3G/'4G' network, when they fully go live. The LTE network probably won't be available for at least a year if not more, so there will probably be a new iPhone (and better support for it on T-Mobile) by then.

I myself can't wait to see the refarming around my areas. I would like having an option for unthrottled unlimited data for a decent price.
    Last time I checked with T-Mobile USA reframing their 3g/4g network to the 1900MHz. The old network they used were the 1700MHz and 2100MHz for 3g/4g. They will be using the 1700MHz and 2100MHz for LTE.

Thanks

What data plan do you have to have to be able to use T-Mobile's 3G? I have the $9.99 plan and I'm not sure if that even includes 3G...

EDIT: Just checked, I have the Unlimited Plus data plan. The description for it is:

Unlimited data on the T-Mobile network for social networking and navigating (up to 2 GB of high-speed data included)
    Still not sure what this means exactly.
    Last edited by willryan42; 09-16-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

If your area begins to support 3G as T-Mobile is working on it evidently, it shouldn't matter what plan you're on. You'll get the 3G. If your area isn't supported at this time, you won't get 3G regardless of what plan.

What you have posted, I'm assuming T-Mobile is saying 2GB of your data is high-speed data which can either mean 3G or 4G. Not sure exactly which, but I feel it's more along the lines of meaning standard it gives you 3G but you get 2GB of 4G for devices that are supported on T-Mobile frequencies.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,621 Times in 5,899 Posts

^yup, agree. Sounds like he has unlimited data and is throttled back at 2GB whether it's 2G/3G/4G he is receiving.

Green Apple
    Thanks

3G signal in queens yesterday location horrace Harding expressway and main street.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    If your area begins to support 3G as T-Mobile is working on it evidently, it shouldn't matter what plan you're on. You'll get the 3G. If your area isn't supported at this time, you won't get 3G regardless of what plan.

What you have posted, I'm assuming T-Mobile is saying 2GB of your data is high-speed data which can either mean 3G or 4G. Not sure exactly which, but I feel it's more along the lines of meaning standard it gives you 3G but you get 2GB of 4G for devices that are supported on T-Mobile frequencies.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ^yup, agree. Sounds like he has unlimited data and is throttled back at 2GB whether it's 2G/3G/4G he is receiving.
    Awesome, that's what I was hoping for. I figured "high speed" couldn't be referring to 2G... Guess I'll start keeping an eye out for 3G then!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Saw the 3G signal in queens driving along main street onto I-495 last night.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Any luck in LA yet?
    Just got to LA (from Vegas where the 3G was great)
    Wondering if anybody has had any luck in LA or around there?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    ^ i live in LA, san gabriel valley (pasadena) and have not seen any 3G on my iphone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Gonna drive around in Queens today and see if I get 3G. Some of the areas in Brooklyn, NY I am always in since my daily routine has me in those areas, but I never get 3G.

Update currently in the middle of where 3G was sighted in Brooklyn, NY and I am still getting Edge. Drove around the whole area and still nothing.
    Last edited by dont h8 dre; 09-21-2012 at 12:06 PM.