Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GEVEY Ultra S won't work on iPhone 4S T-Mobile

Default GEVEY Ultra S won't work on iPhone 4S T-Mobile
    Hi. I am trying to get T-Mobile prepaid on my iPhone 4S. The iPhone is running 5.1, and the baseband is 2.0.10. It was bought with a contract from AT&T. Anyway, I bought a prepaid SIM from T-Mobile, cut it down to micro-SIM size, then went online and activated it and everything with my iPhone's IMEI, selected a plan, and paid for one month with a refill card.

When I put the SIM (along with the Gevey) into my iPhone, I get the Accept screen. I press accept, and then my iPhone says "Searching...". After a little while, it says "No Service". Then, the Accept screen shows up again. When I press accept, it starts it all over again, going back to "Searching...". I keep getting this Accept screen, and it's driving me insane.

Rebooting doesn't help, as I can see. I put in the white reset SIM card, selected AT&T, took it out, and then put in my T-Mobile SIM card. It did the same thing, 'Searching...' and then 'No Service', then back to 'Searching...' again. I've been trying to get this to work for three hours, and I've gotten nowhere. Help would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks

Did you get the gevey directly from applenberry or amazon?
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button

Quote Originally Posted by westc0ast View Post
    Did you get the gevey directly from applenberry or amazon?
    Directly from Applenberry. As an update, I was able to get it to work and connect to T-Mobile once. I'm not quite sure what I did differently. Anyway, I wasn't able to send MMS or SMS. I was able to send and receive calls, receive SMS messages, and use EDGE, but I couldn't send any SMS, and there was absolutely no MMS whatsoever. When sending MMS, I got the same error as SMS, and when receiving pictures, I got some kind of resolution error.

I found the SMSC (I may have that mixed up) by interrogating it with "*#5005*7672#". The result was '+7'. As I know this is wrong, I tried to change it. I tried to delete is using "##5005*7672#", but it gave me a failed message. After that, I tried setting it by typing in "**5005*7672*+12063130004#", but it gave me the same 'failed' message. I did this multiple times with no success.

I gave up on that, and tried editing APN settings by editing mms_override.plist through iBackupBot. When I restored the backup and the device restarted, I was back to the "No Service/Accept/Searching..." loop. I tried tons and tons of different APN and MMS settings for T-Mobile, but they were to no avail.

I completely restored the device, and then I installed a profile from unlockit.co.nz. I used the T-Mobile profile, the third one from the top of the selection list. I'm currently just doing different things to try and get it to connect again with the APN profile, but it's still in the loop. Hopefully this info can spark some ideas?

Update: I was just able to get it to connect to T-Mobile again. Apparently it works after a while if I just keep pressing accept every time it comes up. It takes about 15 minutes (that's an estimation, though). The APN profile doesn't appear to have worked. Still no SMS/MMS. 'Message Send Failure'.
    Last edited by Garbag3man117; 05-04-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Thanks

Do you have network settings tab?

Also, I am (kindof) able to set the SMSC. Instead of getting a failed message, I get:

Setting Succeeded
    Service Center Address
    No Address

This message appears when I type in "**5005*7672*+12063130004#". However, when I interrogate the SMSC again, it is still +7.

Sorry, I was typing when you posted. I have the network settings option in Settings > General > Network > Network Settings (I think that's what it's called) only for a while when the Gevey is activating T-Mobile. I appears on and off. After it connects, it's not there anymore. I did look when it was connecting, and the only setting was under Cellular, where the APN was set to 'epc.tmobile.com'. This is from the profile from unlockit.co.nz.
    Last edited by Garbag3man117; 05-04-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Thanks

That's good. You might want to go to tmobile stow and ask for a free micro sim. I've heard that the new sims (128k) have the network settings tab.

Well, I just got this sim in the mail yesterday! Do I need to get a micro-sim? What's the difference between cutting it down?

Also, like I said, the tab does appear when the phone is activating. Will these settings persist after the tab disappears? If so, what should I change them to?

By the way, I am able to sign things to run on my 4S. I'm new to it, though. Is there some way I could sign a normally jailbreak-only tool to get this to work? I doubt it will, but it's worth a try.

That's good. You might want to go to tmobile stow and ask for a free micro sim. I've heard that the new sims (128k) have the network settings tab.
    how do u get free sim??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Garbag3man117 View Post
    Well, I just got this sim in the mail yesterday! Do I need to get a micro-sim? What's the difference between cutting it down?

Also, like I said, the tab does appear when the phone is activating. Will these settings persist after the tab disappears? If so, what should I change them to?

By the way, I am able to sign things to run on my 4S. I'm new to it, though. Is there some way I could sign a normally jailbreak-only tool to get this to work? I doubt it will, but it's worth a try.
    The sim you got came in like a credit card right?
    Do you see somewhere if it says 128k of 64k or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by shortie_gurl View Post
    how do u get free sim??
    Well I called 611 and told them I needed one for an iPhone 4. And said the I didn't want to pay for one and if there was a store close by that had them in stock. They gave me the location and that was it it was very easy. Just call first and tell them your old sim does not work on iPhone 4
    Last edited by westc0ast; 05-04-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Yes, I did come in a credit card-like thing. I had to punch it out. I didn't see anything like 128 or 64k on the card. I hope it wasn't not he part I had to remove to turn it into a micro sim. Anyway, will the Network Settings work if I change them before the option disappears?

Thanks

You know now that I think of it. The receipt from the store said it was a 128k sim. Maybe call 611 and ask if your sim is 128k or not. or hell just tell them you need a micro sim cuz the one you got didn't fit. I'm sure they will be happy to keep you paying.

Does you sim look like the right or left-imageuploadedbymodmyi1336170782.717268.jpg
    Last edited by westc0ast; 05-04-2012 at 04:33 PM.
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.

You know now that I think of it. The receipt from the store said it was a 128k sim. Maybe call 611 and ask if your sim is 128k or not. or hell just tell them you need a micro sim cuz the one you got didn't fit. I'm sure they will be happy to keep you paying.

Does you sim look like the right or left-imageuploadedbymodmyi1336170782.717268.jpg
    Right, definitely.
    Last edited by Garbag3man117; 05-04-2012 at 04:59 PM. Reason: I need to learn left from right :P

The sim you got came in like a credit card right?
    Do you see somewhere if it says 128k of 64k or something like that?

Well I called 611 and told them I needed one for an iPhone 4. And said the I didn't want to pay for one and if there was a store close by that had them in stock. They gave me the location and that was it it was very easy. Just call first and tell them your old sim does not work on iPhone 4
    They just give me a new sim but it says 64k...what is 64k or 128k???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shortie_gurl View Post
    They just give me a new sim but it says 64k...what is 64k or 128k???
    Well shortie_gurl I think we might have finally fell across something good.your sim was not a micro sim was it , you cut it your self?

Well shortie_gurl I think we might have finally fell across something good.your sim was not a micro sim was it , you cut it your self?
    Yeah the old one wasnt a micro...but it worked until i reboot the phone then i had to do all over again. How come i still dont see cellular data setting with a new sim??

Thanks

I'm not sure but the one I got fome them is 128k. I've heard that it holds some extra info. And of course it has double the capacity to hold things like numbers but....

I'm not sure but the one I got fome them is 128k. I've heard that it holds some extra info. And of course it has double the capacity to hold things like numbers but....
    So, which one is which in your picture?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Garbag3man117 View Post
    So, which one is which in your picture?
    Mine is like the one on the right. The one on the left is oooold. But I have seen 64k like the one on the right too thou.

The 128k sim costed me $20! it was not free

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdmz View Post
    The 128k sim costed me $20! it was not free
    Dang $20. Where'd you get it. Sims cost only $9.99 straight from tmobile store or website.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast