Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GEVEY Ultra S won't work on iPhone 4S T-Mobile

An authorized tmobile store.. I called 611 and they said $20 too. I think it's just my area.

Thanks

What area is that?
    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1336360328.461733.jpg
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button

Crap, oh well.. i think the 128k card fixed my intermittent disconnect issue with cdma ultra s... Not sure though. if it did, its worrh the money

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdmz View Post
    Crap, oh well.. i think the 128k card fixed my intermittent disconnect issue with cdma ultra s... Not sure though. if it did, its worrh the money
    Cool. Got back to us in a few days to let us know if it worked.

OP, any luck?

I have a 4S on 5.1 and a GEVEY ultra S and about to purchase a prepaid T-mobile plan.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmz View Post
    The 128k sim costed me $20! it was not free
    Did it work? Do you get Cellular Data Network in System > General > Network?

Quote Originally Posted by ns22 View Post
    OP, any luck?

I have a 4S on 5.1 and a GEVEY ultra S and about to purchase a prepaid T-mobile plan.
    Nope. No luck at all. I wouldn't get T-Mobile until a jailbreak is available. I'm going to try StraightTalk soon. If you can afford it, I would go with that. EDGE is slower that I expected. 3KB/s, as compared to 150KB/s for my home connection (and my home connection is pretty slow at that) $45 a month for unlimited everything, but you can't go all-out on your data. The only thing I want to know, since StraightTalk uses the AT&T towers, is if StraightTalk has HPSA+ (Appears as '4G' with AT&T on iPhone 4S 5.1) I have another thread posted, but no replies.

The only thing I like about T-Mobile so far is the coverage and prices. I get 4-5 bars just about everywhere.
    T-Mobile is absolutely wonderful. The bad parts are just with the iPhone. If the iPhone was fully T-Mobile compatible, I would go with them no doubt. Hopefully the next iPhone will support all their frequencies.
    Last edited by Garbag3man117; 05-07-2012 at 02:03 PM.

would you post a confirmation if Straight talk work for you once you get it up and running?

would I need to be jailbroken to edit APN settings for straight talk? I'm on 5.1 iphone 4S

Thanks so much!
    Last edited by ns22; 05-08-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by westc0ast View Post
    Cool. Got back to us in a few days to let us know if it worked.
    Confirmed!! My cutted sim worked on Gevey pro and an unlocked iphone 4, but has issues with gevey ultra s. After I got the 128k sim, its fixed. As for data, im not sure cus i only use wifi. but there is an option for network.

would you post a confirmation if Straight talk work for you once you get it up and running?

would I need to be jailbroken to edit APN settings for straight talk? I'm on 5.1 iphone 4S

Thanks so much!
    Yes, I will definitely keep you posted. As of right now, I'm pretty much broke, so it may be little bit. You can use iBackupBot to edit APN settings without jailbreaking. It should work this time, since you don't need the Gevey (I think). That way the Gevey won't keep overwriting APN settings. I'll keep you posted!

Alright, I ordered the ST micro-SIM yesterday. It should get here sometime this week.

Any luck with straightTalk, bro?

Any luck with straightTalk, bro?
    Sorry for the late response, I just activated my ST SIM a few minutes ago. (I had to raise some money :P)

So far, I'm impressed. Upon inserting the SIM card and rebooting, I have calling and SMS working, with no changes to the APN settings. I also have the 4G (HPSA+) indicator, however I get a message saying that I am not subscribed to a data service. I'm pretty sure that means I'll have HPSA+ eventually . I'll wait a few hours and see if data starts to work, like the website says. If that doesn't work I'll change my APN settings and tell you how it goes down. So far I'm impressed though! EDGE to (kinda) unlimited HPSA+ for only $15 more! On top of that, no GEVEY or jailbreak!

Okay, so I went to Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone and installed their profile for ST, and now my HPSA+ internet is working! Pretty good speeds for me at least, 160 kB/s download so far, so just a little over my home connection speed. Only thing not working is MMS, which I will mess with sometime later. Looks like Straight Talk is the way to go!
    Last edited by Garbag3man117; 05-23-2012 at 02:32 PM.

I got a free micro sim from tmobile! I went in told them I wanted prepaid service n paid the monthly 54$ and got a free micro sim- valued at 10$

Finally, I've had my iPhone

Unlocked with the Gevey ultra s for gsm n with a tmobile sim. N NO SMS or mms since. But now ther is absinthe 2.0 supporting up to 5.1.1 iOS!! Ther is the solution guys
    Last edited by Chocolatesmurf; 05-25-2012 at 08:08 AM.

Chocolatesmurf - Has absinthe 2.0 resolved the SMS problem?

I'm on the SMS fix now will update today

im having the same problem i have a iphone 4s on 5.1.1 and i have a gevey sim i can call but cant send messages

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolatesmurf View Post
    I'm on the SMS fix now will update today
    Any luck?

This can be fixed in ur apn settings but in order to adjust these settings u WILL need to be jailbroken.

Since the 5.1.1 jailbreak, (w00t!), I was able to jailbreak my iPhone 4S for the first time. I couldn't get MMS to work with iBackupBot. It looks like MMS messages send without any errors, but nobody ever receives them. I jailbroke and installed TetherMe to get the Settings -> General -> Network -> 'Cellular Data Network' tab ( or something along those lines, I forget). The correct settings were there from when I messed with iBackupBot, but still no luck. Oh well, I guess. Picture messaging and group messaging aren't essential to me.

For $45 a month, unlimited voice, texts, and HPSA+ (4G) data is WONDERFUL. Granted, I only get three bars at my house, but if I couldn't see the bars you couldn't tell the difference. I usually get 150-500 kB/s. I can't get an accurate reading because it takes a few seconds to initiate the connection, and by that time the SpeedTest app is already finished, and it comes up as 0.00 kB/s. With a Safari file downloader tweak, I get about 350 kB/s average. As my home connection is limited to 150 kB/s, this is wonderful in my eyes.

Only thing I've noticed, my battery is absolutely horrific with cell service, but I guess that's just because I'm used to using it as an iPod Touch. Although, this can most likely be attributed to the glowing logo mod I installed.

(My ISP false-advertises their speeds as 1.5 megabytes/second, when actually I get 1.5 megabits/second.) >

Just to clear things up, kB/s = kiloBYTES, not BITS. The run-around with my ISP has driven me insane.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast