+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unlock iphone 4 by at&t

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
just want to share information for unlock iPhone by at&t with out at&t account.just call at&t customer service and tell them you want to unlock iPhone and they will unlock
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default unlock iphone 4 by at&t
    just want to share information for unlock iPhone by at&t with out at&t account.just call at&t customer service and tell them you want to unlock iPhone and they will unlock for you.I have my unlock by at&t it take 3-4 day.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vimm For This Useful Post:

shannonnicholeb (04-16-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Confirmed?
    Just wondering if yours has started working yet? I was told in the store they would not do it if you don't have at&t. Also does it require a baseband upgrade?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shannonnicholeb View Post
    Just wondering if yours has started working yet? I was told in the store they would not do it if you don't have at&t. Also does it require a baseband upgrade?
    it does not require baseband upgrade. i had a 3gs (ios 4.3.1, bb 5.16.02) and i had it unlocked with AT&T. i backed it up and restored from backup. the baseband remained as 5.16.02 and unlocked. but since i had old bootrom, i updated to ios5.1 and JB with reds02 0.9.10b6. devblog states "If you’re lucky enough to have an old-bootrom 3GS, this jailbreak is actually untethered (redsn0w will figure that part out automatically)."

so now its an IMEI unlocked 3gs w/ ios5.1 bb 5.16.05
    Last edited by daytonaviolet; 04-16-2012 at 10:29 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ah this is great! Thank you! I actually just called them, I have a 4, that is on 5.1 with BB 4.11.08, so there was no unlock in site as far as gevey or ultrasn0w goes. Some other help threads I have ready the baseband gets updated to 4.12.01 (i think that's it) I am just worried about losing the JB on it

Thanks

yes it work just fine.5.0.1 bb 4.11.08

call them.it work for me and i still waiting for 2nd one.
    Last edited by vimm; 04-16-2012 at 11:33 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to vimm For This Useful Post:

shannonnicholeb (04-16-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks so much! Now hopefully in 5-7 I can finally use my 4!

Thanks

Why wont Apple just sell them JBroken ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vimm View Post
    yes it work just fine.5.0.1 bb 4.11.08

call them.it work for me and i still waiting for 2nd one.
    I got an email asking me to send a proof of purchase, but I bought it from a local classifieds site... But they said they won't do it without a proof of purchase. Any ideas..?

Thanks

I got an email asking me to send a proof of purchase, but I bought it from a local classifieds site... But they said they won't do it without a proof of purchase. Any ideas..?
    Same here. Those bastards. A proof of purchase wouldn't matter. My iPhone exists, it's in their records, I own it, why can't I have it unlocked? Why need the paperwork?. I'm really pissed at them for this. They will NEVER get my money for as long as I live. I'll make sure that my family won't give them their hard-earned cash.
    Last edited by Simon; 04-19-2012 at 09:04 PM.

Thanks

call them again tell them you has at&t before and you did cancel from at&t over a year ago and you still a phone want to unlock.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to vimm For This Useful Post:

shannonnicholeb (04-19-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vimm View Post
    call them again tell them you has at&t before and you did cancel from at&t over a year ago and you still a phone want to unlock.
    You can't do it if you don't have an account number or a phone number that used to belong to AT&T. What do we do in that case?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The lady I talked to said to try to write up some kind of bill of sale and fax it in... Did that... so I will update if I hear anything. But she said there has been A LOT of people who have called in that have purchased their iphones through private sales. I guess they don't HAVE to unlock them unless you're a customer but it would be in good business for them. I mean, come on, people wouldn't buy new ones if they weren't able to sell their old ones!

Thanks

The lady I talked to said to try to write up some kind of bill of sale and fax it in... Did that... so I will update if I hear anything. But she said there has been A LOT of people who have called in that have purchased their iphones through private sales. I guess they don't HAVE to unlock them unless you're a customer but it would be in good business for them. I mean, come on, people wouldn't buy new ones if they weren't able to sell their old ones!
    They're about to lose a potential customer if they don't go through with my case (ME). I'm on a prepaid plan because I can't afford a monthly plan. I'm still open to other various service providers, including AT&T. The only difference between T-Mo and AT&T and the customer service. T-Mo has been on top of all my cases. AT&T took their sweet time for the first week after I filed for an iPhone unlock and now they told me to hold on for a second week. I'd rather sign a contract with Sprint than AT&T after this fiasco. They HAVE NO CHOICE but to unlock out-of-contract phones. They do NOT own any part of the consumer's phone. The consumer paid for the device, third party or not, not the provider. The phone is in the hands of the consumer. That's something they cannot control.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

if your iphone is locked to ATT and they wont unlock it.. call again and speak to another CSR. i've unlocked 3 of these already with this method and they unlocked all of them. the 4S they unlocked is still under contract. but not once did they ask for my account info or name.

Thanks

I got an iPhone 4 and a 3GS unlocked. I do not and never had an AT&T account. The hardest part for me was getting threw to a real person because I don't have an account. I finally got trew and they told me to fax proof of perchase. I never did and still got email for unlock on both phones. ��took about 3 days.
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just a little update: After I sent a proof of purchase I got the email today that it was unlocked! (Yay!!) I also followed one of the tutorials that showed me how to keep the jailbreak, ran into a few issues there but I finally figured it out. For some reason most of my push notifications are not working, double-checked in my settings and they are all set. Anyone else having this issue or have a fix?

Thanks

Was told tonight that ATT is no longer making you wait for an email, forced my BF to call tonight and he got his unlocked in 5 mins. I had to wait over a week to get mine.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's weird, I had a friend of mine call on Monday to get hers done and they told her it would take till the 24th!! I guess it all a matter of luck and getting the right person on the phone...

Thanks

Just a little update: After I sent a proof of purchase I got the email today that it was unlocked! (Yay!!) I also followed one of the tutorials that showed me how to keep the jailbreak, ran into a few issues there but I finally figured it out. For some reason most of my push notifications are not working, double-checked in my settings and they are all set. Anyone else having this issue or have a fix?
    No need for restore.
    If using ultras0w:uninstall ultrasn0w insert tmo sim and connect to iTunes.
    If using gevey: just remove gevey and insert tmo sim and connect to iTunes.
    NO NEED FOR RESTORE!!!
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm not using either of those... I just had At&t unlock it... :/

I'm not using either of those... I just had At&t unlock it... :/
    Ah nevermind... got it working. Now I have a iphone 4, on 5.1, bb 4.11.08, unlocked for tmobile and jailbroken with redsnow! FINALLY! feel free to message me if you are in a similar situation and have any issues, I would love to help in any way. This was kind of a pain to get everything working!
    Last edited by shannonnicholeb; 04-20-2012 at 11:06 PM.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast