+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unlock iphone 4 by at&t

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
When they unlock it, it becomes usable on any other carrier around the world.
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by X H4CK3R X View Post
    So theres nothing I can do to get tmoblie right

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jmid23 View Post
    So theres nothing I can do to get tmoblie right
    Yes. call att and ask them to unlock it.most iPhone 4 are eligible for unlock. Just call AT&T
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks.

Thanks

Ya gotta be an existing or ex-customer of them though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by X H4CK3R X View Post
    Ya gotta be an existing or ex-customer of them though.
    Not true. I have never been. And told them I never was and still got two phones unlocked. It all depends on who you talk to. The hardest part for me was getting threw the automated system to finally speak to a rep.after that it still took a long time to get her to "just make a ticket"she said I needed to fax proof of purchase but I never did and still got the unlock email conformation.
    So just try,and good luck.
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.

Thanks

Hmm odd. I wouldn't think they would (I would think AT&T would crack down on them for that) ever do that but it really does depend who you're talking to. Glad ya got it unlocked though

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i guess you got lucky then westc0ast, because from my own personal experience and what i have read, you have to be a ex-customer in order to get the phone unlocked. There's a second option but its completely stupid and it comes at a cost, you can pay for the cancellation fees for an exiting line, then you are eligible for a unlock.

Does anyone else have this problem, i just recently upgraded to ios 5.0.1 with bb 2.10.04 with the AT&T unlock, and i only get 1 signal bar. It says t-mobile next to it, receive and send messages and calls fine, but i only get 1 bar. Any one else have this problem and know how to fix it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n0n0_no View Post
    i guess you got lucky then westc0ast, because from my own personal experience and what i have read, you have to be a ex-customer in order to get the phone unlocked. There's a second option but its completely stupid and it comes at a cost, you can pay for the cancellation fees for an exiting line, then you are eligible for a unlock.

Does anyone else have this problem, i just recently upgraded to ios 5.0.1 with bb 2.10.04 with the AT&T unlock, and i only get 1 signal bar. It says t-mobile next to it, receive and send messages and calls fine, but i only get 1 bar. Any one else have this problem and know how to fix it?
    I've heard lots of people talk about this, seems like it's pretty common although I have no clue how to fix it. Maybe ya should try talking to another person this time, maybe you'll have more luck

Thanks

Sounds like you left the 3G toggle on.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi,

I also want to unlock my iphone but I don't have any at&t account. They didn't unlocked my iphone.

If you help me call +18003310500 number and unlock my iphone I can pay $20 for unlocked iphone.

Thanks a lot.

Have a nice day..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

at&t have been trained customer service for helping customer or none customer unlock iPhone in place now.
    all customer service ask the same question when customer or none customer try to unlock theirs iPhone.
    just wondering if some one on this forums can help this problem.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's just cosmetic issues caused by baseband mismatch. Quick fix is to install ultrasn0w from cydia, you'll need to be jailbroken.
    But you should go ahead and update the baseband by update to the latest 5.1.1 then if you have 5.0.1 SHSH blobs saved then you can restore back to 5.0.1 for untethered jailbreak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was never an AT&T customer and I called 2 weeks ago to unlock a 3GS and they did it for me!
    All they asked for was IMEI # to make sure it was out of contract for at least 1 year.

I was worried I would lose the Tmobile MMS fix and lose MMS messaging.

But after AT&T sent me the email to unlock my phone and updating through itunes, TMOBILE MMS fix was gone, since phone isnt jailbroken anymore, but the phone still sends and receives MMS messaging! The network settings remained as I had them with jailbreak.

Feels great to be able to take automatic updates now through Apple. Currently on 5.1.1, newest software.

If the AT&T agent says no to you, hang up and call again. Just tell them you want to unlock the phone because you are going overseas and when you come back you plan to use AT&T again in the USA.

Green Apple
    Thanks

So do you have to upgrade to the latest ios after they unlock the phone?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sheldon54 View Post
    No. just insert unofficial sim and connect to iTunes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sheldon54 View Post
    They sent me an email to go to itunes.
    Once I connected my phone to itunes, Itunes automatically updated the phone to the latest software and then the phone was permanently unlocked.

So you do have to upgrade to latest software to become unlocked.

You lose your jailbreak as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by algreek3 View Post
    Once I connected my phone to itunes, Itunes automatically updated the phone to the latest software and then the phone was permanently unlocked.

I disagree.
    Last edited by westc0ast; 05-16-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by algreek3 View Post

I believe you can use SAM to deactivate and reactivate it with the unofficial sim through itunes.
    "Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more."
    -- Mark Twain

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anyone know if ATT is still doing this??

Just got my brother's 16gb Iphone4 on 4.1 bb 2.10 with Gevey Ultra

What number do I need to call?I also do not have a proof of purchase since it was a private sale, will this be an issue?