+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gevey sim problem

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
ok so i dropped my iphone 4 yesterday in a extremely shallow puddle and i picked it up and everything still worked minus the gevey sim. i have had my
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Gevey sim problem
    ok so i dropped my iphone 4 yesterday in a extremely shallow puddle and i picked it up and everything still worked minus the gevey sim. i have had my iphone 4 for a considerably long time and i know how to install the gevey sim, but for some reason its not working after i get to the airplane mode. here are the steps i follow:Gevey Sim – Invalid Sim | Iphone 4 Problems (and these steps have always worked for me.

there are some things that happen that i have never seen before such as after i accept the gevey intro, my phone immediately gives me a message "no network detected"(like i when i dont have signal)

i have done everything i can think of at this point. i have reset the network settings, i have tried, at least 10 times, resetting my phone and retrying the install.

maybe the water damaged my antenna inside my iphone? this is bothersome though....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Maybe some water got into the slot. Try cleaning it out with some 100% (as close to as possible, nothing less than 95%) isopropyl alcohol. Then let it dry for a day, set it in rice to accelerate the process.

Edit: Do the same for the Gevey SIM. Just set it into the iso alcohol for 15 minutes or so, then let it air dry.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 04-14-2012 at 06:10 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

water damage is water damage. if you kept the phone on after you dropped it in to the puddle, then you probably set in corrosion at water-contacted terminals already. i.Annie put up some good troubleshooting methods, but if all else fails, hope that the water sensors aren't tripped and get it exchanged at the Genius Bar.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so i tried using my brother's at&t sim card to see if the problem was the phone, but the phone accepted the sim card. so i tried putting my gevey/sim back in my phone and now its stuck on searching mode..... im not sure if the at&t sim card reset anyhting, but if you guys have any ideas let me know. it seems like the gevey sim fried, but im gonna try a couple other solutions. ill post if i figure it out.