Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I have left the jailbreaking/unlocking community for the Samsung Galaxy Note...OMG WOW!

Thanks

Default I have left the jailbreaking/unlocking community for the Samsung Galaxy Note...OMG WOW!
    I'm now somewhat embarrassed to say that I was using an iphone 3g on Tmobile for the past 3 1/2 yrs. I absolutely loved my iphone but....jailbrake after jailbrake and unlock after unlock rendered my old iphone useless with each additional upgraded firmware. I simply grew tired of dealing with it all. I used to brag to everyone how I was using a jailbroken device that could do practically everything and "obtain" stuff for free. Yet everyone around me was speeding away in there 4G fast devices while I was at a snails pace using edge. Ugh..that was it for me.

After debating on whether to get an iphone 4 and do this whole process over again. I found out the city I live in is one of the very few that has 4G LTE (long term evolution) on AT&T. I went to the store to find out some more info and what phones they had.

This is when I was completely blown away by the huge Samsung Galaxy Note. It's 5.3inch AMOLED screen was simply amazing. I bought one and to my astonishment I found out that like the jailbroken community...the android community also has many dev teams working to make the device better. The process is called rooting. Similar to jailbraking/unlocking etc.

I'm now rocking a white Galaxy Note that's rooted, flashed with Saurom and overclocked to 1.8ghz! I went from edge speed to 4G LTE speeds to the tune of 27mb/s down and 9mb/s up!!!

Well goodbye modmyi community. I learned a lot here and it was quite the experience all these years. For me, it was simply time to move on to a bigger and better device.

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it: you're going to look like a monkey holding up a slab of large tree bark next to its face during calls. Don't forget it in your back pocket or you'll sit on it. lol

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Lol thanks for sharing. If I didn't ditch my iPhone, then come back to it again, I would probably do the same. I really want a 4G phone too, but I think I'll hold out and wait for the new iPhone. I hope hope hope it'll have 4G for Verizon! Well anyway, you have fun! Take care!

Going to miss you much! Thanks for all of the contributions and wish you all the best!

zeppy

alot of my iphone friends also left and went with the Note because of LTE also. but, they will be back to iphone when it gets LTE.