Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
04-30-2012, 05:27 PM #61
05-01-2012, 05:50 AM #62
Restore I would say then...Great minds discuss ideas.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.
05-02-2012, 06:19 PM #63
Just got some info about old sims and network settings tab missing.
And this Mms apn working
MMS Proxy: 22.214.171.124:8080
Give it a try.
Last edited by westc0ast; 05-06-2012 at 09:18 AM.All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.
Don't forget to hit the thanks button
05-06-2012, 09:22 AM #64
05-06-2012, 03:22 PM #65
Oh i got it to work already thanks westcoast!!
05-06-2012, 03:28 PM #66
05-06-2012, 05:43 PM #67
05-07-2012, 08:37 PM #68
i finally got my sms to work this is how i did.
1. take gevey sim and sim out
2. go to General->Reset->Erase all content and settings
3. Insert a att sim card to activate the phone
4. Insert the Gevey with the white sim card to choose carrier
5. Insert the gevey and sim card of the carrier you want
VIOLA it should work.
tried it couple times always get the same result only bad thing is if you restart the sms stops working
05-12-2012, 08:44 PM #69Heeeyy all done..
maybe tis too early to talk but here is what i have done..
i have fresh!! white iphone 4s with 5.1 / 2.0.10 with GEVEY ultra s via T-mobile.
I had the same txting and MMS issue which i solved ONLY SMS problem. but anyways i really do not need MMS.
what i have done is step by step below;
1) Setting > Icloud > Remove(delete) account from phone
2) Setting > Messages > Turn OFF the Imessage
P.S. Now even if i turn the imessages and also MMS ON, SMS still works fine. However imessages and MMS both are still NOT working.
But in my case who needs those
05-22-2012, 10:29 PM #70Found a fix!
I've got an iPhone 4s unlocked for tmobile with gevey sim ultra s running iOS 5.1.1/2.10.12. I was able to send texts after trying many different solutions. Everytime my phone was restored from back up or restarted, I would loose the ability to send sms. After successfully being able to change the smsc number multiple, I have found the solution on how to get it back after it's lost.
1. Reset Network Settings
2. Interrogate smsc by dialing *#5005*7072# and hitting call
3. remove current smsc by entering ##5005*7072# and hit call
4. add the network smsc you want to send texts on by calling **5005*7072*SMSCNUMBER#
5. once the no address message appears, immediately power down without hitting dismiss.
6. pop out sim and power iphone back on
7. once phone connects to your network should be ready to send texts!
05-25-2012, 08:11 AM #71
Apn settings but you will need to b j.b to adjust these settings
05-27-2012, 01:14 PM #72
Is there any software fix or tweak that can fix it without pop in and out the sim?
Any helps are appreciated.
05-28-2012, 11:20 AM #73
Try uninstalling any tweaks that may have did it. They may be incompatible with 5.1.1.
05-29-2012, 01:34 AM #74
Any help, anyone?? get sms working with iphone 4s unlock with Gevey Ultra S and jb with absinthe?
06-02-2012, 02:21 PM #75
Jailbreak the phone n adjust ur apn settings
06-05-2012, 08:40 PM #76
I can send MMS but not SMS. I can receive SMS and not MMS. APN edit as listed. Removed iMessage, iCloud and still SMS not working. JUst need SMS....
06-08-2012, 03:35 PM #77
Running an iPhone 4S on 5.1.1, firmware 2.0.12, and there is no option to adjust Cellular Data information. Only option is to turn it on or off. I've reset, I've erased all content, I've gone through the white sim to the T-Mobile sim card a million times, and I just can't get anything to show up so that I can get MMS and SMS working. Any ideas?
...Yeah, and I'm new at this posting thing, obviously. Haha =Þ
Last edited by 21alaina; 06-08-2012 at 03:41 PM.
06-08-2012, 05:02 PM #78
I got mms and sms working everytime without restoring the phone, there are the steps:
1. the iphone 4s needs to be jailbreak and install tether me.
2. Make sure iMessage off and facetime off.
3. Use the white sim with the gevey s and select ATT and accept
4. pop out the sim
5. reboot your phone (both power and home)
6. When see "no sim" prompt, pop the gevey s with the tmobile sim in and accept the gevey prompt
7. Now you should be able to send sms
8. input the APN, MMS settings in cellular network settings (now internet and mms should work)
9. I have facetime and imessage using the phone number working as well, the iphone MUST BE ACTIVATED before this can work, hactivated iphone will not work. follow the instruction to enter the "+001" to the plist and make sure SMS working, then turn on facetime and iMessage.
These steps works everytime for me, however, everytime, I got the gevey black screen, it wipes out some settings and my sms not working again, and I have to do the whole steps again. It's a pain, but it works everytime. I don't need to install unlockiz or whatever else to the phone. I did this more than 50 times so it works. I'm looking for ways to NOT have to pop out the sim. Gevey somehow changes some settings everytime I got the gevey banner. AND I don't have to restore my phone!! Hope this helps!!!
06-15-2012, 09:15 PM #79
Tried everything but SMS doesn't work. phone 4S OS 5.1.1
Funny thing was MMS is working but not SMS
Jailbreak edit APN etc..
Restore the phone etc..
Last edited by randy_c; 06-15-2012 at 09:34 PM.
06-16-2012, 02:36 AM #80
Use ifile and make sure you have this code in the mms_override.plist, reboot (both power and home), go through the gevey unlock, then make sure 3g off and roaming on. sms should work!! Good luck!!
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">