Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help!!! Message Send Failure on iPhone 4s 5.1

Well i ended up rebooting the phone again to test it.. (Cuz I'm crazy I guess)

Trying to narrow down one variable at a time, and I think having wifi on before a reboot and before the phone gains its cell phone network, is the culprit here.. Again, I'm just speculating, but try it out!

Thanks

Just a long shot here but this goes out to everyone who has posted here.
    What color is your phone?
    Why do I ask? Cuz I was reading of this exact issue on the apple forum from people with legit AT&T ,verizon service no unlock no jailbreak no gevey.so again what color iPhone do you have.
    Please reply.
    P.s. shortie_gurl you said you tried your sim/gevey on another phone,you think you can try their sim on your phone?
    or anyone else who has acces to an AT&T sim to try on your own phone.remember to reboot and wait for a while.
    P.p.s. when you guys are restoring are you guys
    1. Setting up as new phone?(I would do that)
    2. Using iCloud?(I would NOT do that. You can always do that later)
    3. Turning off iMessage emedietly?(I would do that)Facetime too
    Last edited by westc0ast; 04-15-2012 at 09:26 AM.
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button

Black iPhone
    I restored as new phone
    Did have iCloud , can try without
    No imessage, No FaceTime.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kpump View Post
    Black iPhone
    I restored as new phone
    Did have iCloud , can try without
    No imessage, No FaceTime.
    Ok do that and remember iMessage after restore automatically is turned on and trying to activate so you need to go to settings and turn it off.
    by the way r u having SMS mms or both issues.
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.

Default Both
    I have issues with both, but given up on mms for now, need sms to work. Working now, afraid to turn of the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by westc0ast View Post
    Just a long shot here but this goes out to everyone who has posted here.
    Why do I ask? Cuz I was reading of this exact issue on the apple forum from people with legit AT&T ,verizon service no unlock no jailbreak no gevey.so again what color iPhone do you have.
    Please reply.
    P.s. shortie_gurl you said you tried your sim/gevey on another phone,you think you can try their sim on your phone?
    or anyone else who has acces to an AT&T sim to try on your own phone.remember to reboot and wait for a while.
    P.p.s. when you guys are restoring are you guys
    1. Setting up as new phone?(I would do that)
    2. Using iCloud?(I would NOT do that. You can always do that later)
    3. Turning off iMessage emedietly?(I would do that)Facetime too
    i tried the att sim on my phone before too couldnt text either....but after the restored and i changed the sms center number its working now

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shortie_gurl View Post
    i tried the att sim on my phone before too couldnt text either....but after the restored and i changed the sms center number its working now
    Good knock on wood.

how do i change the sms center number????? i have a white iphone 4s att 5.1

i try the sms thing and i think it didnt work or its my gevey. i cant reboot my phone because then i have to go through the whole process of the ultra s with selecting the carrier then searching for signal. i think i have a defective gevey

Quote Originally Posted by westc0ast View Post
    Good knock on wood.
    White 4s

Default Okay Restore Again
    Okay just did a factory fresh restore, no sms. Reboot 1 time got sms. Looked at both files, wap.cingular and old plist. Updated them to correct files, auto reboot on restore, no text, looked Ibackup bot files where right but sms +7. I powered down, then turned back on. SMS works, but both files back to factory, plist and the pref. had wap.cingular again. Something is changing those files on startup. either the Gevey, or the sim card?

Default My mms.overide.plist
    No matter how many times I modify the files, once I finally power cycle to get sms working it will 100% of the time overwrite the changes. One a reboot or sometimes 2 the setting will keep but sms will never work when it does, always has the +7 on verification. Then on a reboot that sms work, the number shows correct, the files are back to original. The only thing I can get to work is this, power cycle, go to network settings, cell data, while it is searching you can get into the settings for it, LEAVE THIS SCREEN ON do not click the network tab to go back you will loose the access, and this
    does not populate the config until the whole searching for tmobile is done and the e shows up for edge. You can enter the data while you are waiting, but you will notice that after it is done it will still put wap.cingular back int the apn. just change it back to epc.tmobile.com and you are at the best I can get. I can send and get sms, and I can send MMS, still cannot get. I can only get the mms.plist to keep the below settings, no matter what i do the 25 line file gets overwritten everytime I get sms to show the right number. I do not know what else to try, Wifi on or off mafe no difference, icloud, no difference, imessage no differnece, siri no difference. I have tried everything I can think of. I know if I restart the phone the process I got to work will have to be re-done, and I do net get the settings screen 100% of the time on a power on, about 50 - 75%. I did find that you can also eject the sim tray a little then push it back in to get the setting screen as well. Good Luck, sorry for the long post but that is everything I have tried. thanks!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>MMS</key>
    <dict>
    <key>MMSC</key>
    <string>http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc</string>
    <key>MaxMessageSize</key>
    <integer>1048576</integer>
    <key>Proxy</key>
    <string>216.155.165.50:8080</string>
    <key>UAProf</key>
    <string>http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf</string>
    </dict>
    </dict>
    </plist>
    Last edited by kpump; 04-16-2012 at 04:43 PM.

i contacted apple n berry and their solution was changing the sms number. i did their steps but it doesnt save the 12063130004 number it goes back to +7. guess we have to wait for the jailbreak to release to fix this

15. The Following User Says Thank You to xshooter726 For This Useful Post:

krossmoje (04-23-2012)

Thumbs up Found the fix!!
    Go into Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. Your phone will restart and you should be able to send your outgoing SMS messages.
    Make sure you hit "Reset Network Settings" ONLY! Hope this helps! Worked like a charm for me :-)

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baileyjames112 View Post
    Go into Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. Your phone will restart and you should be able to send your outgoing SMS messages.
    Make sure you hit "Reset Network Settings" ONLY! Hope this helps! Worked like a charm for me :-)
    Never saw this thread lol. Resetting that will work. I've seen multiple people do it.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Quote Originally Posted by X H4CK3R X View Post
    Never saw this thread lol. Resetting that will work. I've seen multiple people do it.
    I just got my 4S today, so it was a new problem for me. I was just screwing around with the settings that I thought made sense. :-)
    I now understand the Siri hype!

Thanks

Yep Siri is fun bro

So every time I reboot the phone SMS stopped working....

Thanks

Do you have an SMS mods you installed like BiteSMS or something?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast