Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gevey Ultra S (iPhone 4S) unlock

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Gevey Ultra S (iPhone 4S) unlock
    Okay so tomorrow I'll be receiving my gevey ultra S sim unlock for my iPhone 4S AT&T. I've never before had gevey so this is all new to me. Basically what I'm asking you guys is regarding the FaceTime, iMessage, and MMS stuff.

Alright let's get into it.. As of now my iPhone 4S has activated FaceTime and iMessage as well as MMS. I activated it with my AT&T sim card.

My question is, do I need to reactivate them again for tmobile? Or will I need to configure something? I pretty much want my FaceTime and iMessage to work with my tmobile sim card. And also the MMS. I've seen in many posts that I have to configure stuff with gevey and idk if that's the same with the new gevey ultra s for iPhone 4S.

So please tell me below if i still need to activate them again. If so, how will I do it.

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Bump.

You can unlock AT&T iphone 4S with any updates ( 5.0 , 5.0.1 and 5.1 ) using newest Gevey Ultra S.
    These guys sell it for less than anyone out there:
    Miami Avenue Sales is an iPhone repair / unlocking service store.

Does anyone know if applenandroid on ebay are authorized sellers? They are listed as distributors on applenberry's website.

One a side note, how does the Gevey Ultra S perform? Any issues?

Quote Originally Posted by prawn_sanwich View Post
    Does anyone know if applenandroid on ebay are authorized sellers? They are listed as distributors on applenberry's website.

One a side note, how does the Gevey Ultra S perform? Any issues?
    I used that seller works ok. It says applenberry on it. Only issue i have is everything keeps resetting to vodaphone settings instead of staying my Tmobile settings. Also phone numbers in my contacts have to be in international format to be recognized.

Default i have a gevey ultra s for 5.1
    any luck on any info on how to get imessage and facetime to work?
    the only guides i find are for jailbroken 5.0.1 iphone 4s
    since im on 5.1 i cant use that method. so im looking for a new way. anyone with any luck?

How'd you get iMessage, mms and FaceTime activated? Mine won't activate and About info shows Carrier : Not Available

Quote Originally Posted by dvn821 View Post
    How'd you get iMessage, mms and FaceTime activated? Mine won't activate and About info shows Carrier : Not Available
    mine just says waiting for activation... carrier shows at&t 12.0. im on tmobile with a iphone 4s with 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by rodolfo7171 View Post
    mine just says waiting for activation... carrier shows at&t 12.0. im on tmobile with a iphone 4s with 5.1
    I'm on 5.0.1. I can't even slide my iMessage bar it will just slide back. It only slides when my Carrier is : AT&T 11.0. I have no idea what to do
    If I helped thank me!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dvn821 For This Useful Post:

rodolfo7171 (04-17-2012)

I'm on 5.0.1. I can't even slide my iMessage bar it will just slide back. It only slides when my Carrier is : AT&T 11.0. I have no idea what to do
    is yours jailbroken? in your case you can go it and use this method. Support: How to fix iMessage/Facetime for Gevey users on iPhone 4/4S
    i dont know if you have tried that yet? who is your carrier?

Quote Originally Posted by rodolfo7171 View Post
    is yours jailbroken? in your case you can go it and use this method. Support: How to fix iMessage/Facetime for Gevey users on iPhone 4/4S
    i dont know if you have tried that yet? who is your carrier?
    Yes but that's how I ended up with Not Available carrier. My carrier is T-Mobile USA

You can't edit your carrier settings with the gevey s. if you do then you will lose your carrier and won't work

Quote Originally Posted by stargtsi View Post
    You can't edit your carrier settings with the gevey s. if you do then you will lose your carrier and won't work
    I did not know this. Thanks for the heads up. So what can I do about activating iMessage?
    If I helped thank me!

I did not know this. Thanks for the heads up. So what can I do about activating iMessage?
    If anyone has figured this out, would be appreciated! I'm in the same boat with T-Mobile USA on a IPhone 4S using a GPP Sim.

Thumbs up I help you (:
    Carrier Bundles ONLY

Carrier Bundles.rar

You're going to want to download these Carrier Bundles and SHSH them back to your iPhone. I used iFunBox to SHSH into my phone.

I had the EXACT same problem as you where my carrier would show up as "Not available" and now it says "ATT 11" also my imessage kept sliding back to off and it was pissing me the eff off lol

you're going to want to replace all those #folders like 00101 and 00FAC which should fix it. Trust me on this one. I used that one guide that guy mentioned above and that's what resulted in my phone getting f'ed up so I asked my cousin to send me his stock carrier bundles cuz i couldn't find them online anywhere...

I'm so happy to see my iMessage being able to slide on and not have to slide back to off. I signed up for this site just now cuz I saw you were having problems! I HOPE I HELPED