Results 1 to 13 of 13

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Anyone know if we'll be able to utilize AT&T's decision to offer unlocking iPhones?

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Obviously we can't do it ourselves because we don't have an account with them (correct me if I'm wrong), but what if a friend or someone with an account could
...
  1. #1
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    242
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts

    Default Anyone know if we'll be able to utilize AT&T's decision to offer unlocking iPhones?
    Obviously we can't do it ourselves because we don't have an account with them (correct me if I'm wrong), but what if a friend or someone with an account could do it for you?

  2. #2
    Green Apple stargtsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    you can do it without having an account but, they will only do one phone though. Just make sure its off contract even if you purchased it 2nd hand

  3. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    242
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts

    awesome! Just got off the phone with them. Told them I bought my phone off ebay and wanted to get it unlocked. Gave him my IMEI, he checked to see if the previous owner had anything that would disqualify me for getting an unlock. Everything checked out, and he said I should get an email with further instructions between 24-72 hours.

  4. #4
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Seems to me that you'd lose your jailbreak when you do the restore. I wonder if you can do the restore via Redsn0w so you can stay at 5.01?

  5. #5
    iPhoneaholic westc0ast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    347
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 44 Times in 36 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by willryan42 View Post
    awesome! Just got off the phone with them. Told them I bought my phone off ebay and wanted to get it unlocked. Gave him my IMEI, he checked to see if the previous owner had anything that would disqualify me for getting an unlock. Everything checked out, and he said I should get an email with further instructions between 24-72 hours.
    whats the telephone number you called?
    No dice. didn't work for me.
    Last edited by westc0ast; 04-09-2012 at 10:44 PM.
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button

  6. #6
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    307
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts

    I used support chat, and after an eternity of waiting (2 hours) I got one iPhone 4 approved. Another iPhone 4 that I bought used from Craigslist, didn't get the approval. The support person asked to faxed proof of purchase which I don't have.

  7. #7
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by glockfan View Post
    Seems to me that you'd lose your jailbreak when you do the restore. I wonder if you can do the restore via Redsn0w so you can stay at 5.01?
    How to officially unlock your AT&T iPhone without losing your untethered jailbreak

  8. #8
    iPhoneaholic westc0ast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    347
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 44 Times in 36 Posts

    I just unlocked two iPhones, an iPhone 4 and an iPhone 3GS. All you have to do is put an unauthorized sim in and then connect to iTunes. Ther is no restore needed.
    P.s. if your using ultrasn0w just uninstall ultrasn0w first and your all good.
    iTunes will say could not activate at this time try again later but phone will emedietly show apple logo and then activate. Both phones did the same thing. NO NEED FOR RESTORE!
    Last edited by westc0ast; 04-17-2012 at 09:36 PM.
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button

  9. #9
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    so do I need to be concerned about BB if I contact them to unlock it? Will it matter if the update the BB?

  10. #10
    iPhoneaholic westc0ast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    347
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 44 Times in 36 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Vonnie Boo View Post
    so do I need to be concerned about BB if I contact them to unlock it? Will it matter if the update the BB?
    Just follow my post #8 and you will be safe. Then after that you can update when ever with no worries about basebands.
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button

  11. #11
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by westc0ast View Post
    Just follow my post #8 and you will be safe. Then after that you can update when ever with no worries about basebands.
    :-/ not sure that will work for me. I just bought this i4, don't have an official SIM...was going to use Gevey, I also have no saved SSH so I don't wanna accidentally upgrade anything. It's currently running 4.3. Any insight?

  12. #12
    iPhoneaholic westc0ast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    347
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 44 Times in 36 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Vonnie Boo View Post
    :-/ not sure that will work for me. I just bought this i4, don't have an official SIM...was going to use Gevey, I also have no saved SSH so I don't wanna accidentally upgrade anything. It's currently running 4.3. Any insight?
    ??????
    I thought you wanted to call AT&T and get your phone unlocked. If that's the case post#8. Says you DON'T need to restore.just put in an UNauthorized sim. I'm guessing you have that.so just call them wait a few days. If you get the confirmation email that says to connect to iTunes and restore. Then that means you can unlock with your unofficial sim(tmo). And you don't have to restore. Just put your sim in and connect your phone to iTunes.
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button

  13. #13
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Sorry! Totally misread and missed the un in unauthorized. Thank you.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •