Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I have iphone 4S AT&T unlocked with gevey for t-mobile.

Lightbulb I have iphone 4S AT&T unlocked with gevey for t-mobile.
    I tried to use facetime and imessage but under facetime activation there's a different number not my phone #, i can't activated because of that.
    Is there anyway to fix it i don't want to restore back to factory if i do so will lose Jailbreak.
    Wonder if anyone know to removed old phone # under it and refresh it with our own #.
    thank you

That's the problem with buying a used phone. Go exchange it at the Apple Store and get another one or deal without facetime for a while. I would tell you to reinstall iOS 5, but i realize that the iphone 4S can't be restored with older firmware. lololol

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nanamiii View Post
    I tried to use facetime and imessage but under facetime activation there's a different number not my phone #, i can't activated because of that.
    Is there anyway to fix it i don't want to restore back to factory if i do so will lose Jailbreak.
    Wonder if anyone know to removed old phone # under it and refresh it with our own #.
    thank you
    Try resetting all settings and see if this fixes your issue. If then try this:

Step 1: Turn FaceTime off from the Settings.app

Step 2: Add your telephone number to your contact list. Add your number in iPhone, not mobile.

Step 3: Go to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendar>My Info and change My Info by selecting the contact you created.

Step 4: Make sure your number is being reflected in My Number. Check that by going to Settings>Phone. Turn on Show My Caller ID and International Assist.

Step 5: Go to Settings>Store and login using your Apple ID.

Step 6: Once done, hard reset your iPhone by holding Power and Home button until Apple Logo appears.

Step 7: Connect to WiFi after your iPhone boots up.

Step 8: Now turn on FaceTime and activate by logging in with your Apple ID. After a few seconds, you will be able to use FaceTime.