+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Goodbye Iphone community *sniff* :o(

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
After 4 years of using a jailbroken/unlocked Iphone 3G on Tmobile I've finally had enough of the slow edge speed connection and constant lag. I pulled the trigger on a
    Thanks

Default Goodbye Iphone community *sniff* :o(
    After 4 years of using a jailbroken/unlocked Iphone 3G on Tmobile I've finally had enough of the slow edge speed connection and constant lag. I pulled the trigger on a white GSII today. It should be here by middle of next week. )

I absolutely loved having the ability to fully customize my Iphone to my liking. Of course having the ability to "obtain" all the apps my iphone could hold was also great. Great user experience, fun to use and to customize. It was simply never being able to use 3G/4G speeds while everyone I know is speeding away in thier 3G/4G phones is what finally convinced me to leave the jailbreak/unlock community. I'm a heavy net browser on my iphone so that was a big deal for me.

I'll be gone for a while but maybe down the road when there's a software unlock for the Iphone 4s/5 I will come back and give it a second try. For now though I guess it's off to the android community to learn the rooting process.

Goodbye everyone, I'll stop by time to time to see what's up!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,678 Times in 829 Posts

I live out away from anything 4G, so that's really not a factor for me or anyone around me. If I lived in a city with 4G coverage, though I could totally understand being completely frustrated with 3G. It's horribly slow.

That's a pretty good reason to leave, I'd say

And heck, it would do Apple some good - if more people start flocking away from Apple's "one-a-year" release schedule then it may just persuade them to stop telling people what they want and instead just give them what they want.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Sad to see you go but its understandable.
    Hopefully T-Mobile will start to restructure the spectrum to the 1900MHz band in more parts of the country so everybody can use 3G. Right now Nevada, parts of Northern California and the Pacific Northwest all have 3G data running on their T-Mobile iPhones.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Jahooba: Dude, these Android phones come out more often than Apple's one-a-year iPhone. I'm surprised NOBODY complained about it being expensive as hell to switch from phone-to-phone. A Galaxy S is not as good as a Galaxy Nexus, but the consumers sure as hell doesn't know what a Galaxy Nexus is. It's all in the publicity, my friend.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I jumped ship for the GSII as well, what a great decision, 4G is amazing
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

chiragaegis (04-09-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ihappy View Post
    Right now Nevada, parts of Northern California and the Pacific Northwest all have 3G data running on their T-Mobile iPhones.
    I'm in the PNW......is there a setting that needs to be changed or does it just work? Sorry to hijack....

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

lol it was posted before, glockfan. Just turn on 3G and pick up the signal. Clean and simple. Pretty bummed out that they didn't activate the iPhone 3G spectrum in So. California.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MrWHOx For This Useful Post:

chiragaegis (04-09-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrWHOx View Post
    lol it was posted before, glockfan. Just turn on 3G and pick up the signal. Clean and simple. Pretty bummed out that they didn't activate the iPhone 3G spectrum in So. California.
    Thanks.......I tried it but it killed my t-mobile signal completely. Guess it's not active where I live.

Thanks

Give it a minute after you switch 3G on. Signal will come back whether you have 3 g or not

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Effenpig! View Post
    Give it a minute after you switch 3G on. Signal will come back whether you have 3 g or not
    Thanks. I waited and it came back on. Turned off Wi-fi but still Edge. Oh well, I'll leave it on to see if it works in other cities. Thank you for the help though.