+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3GS question

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have an iPhone 3gs unlocked and jail broken iOS 5.0.1 bb is 6.15.00, my question is I am under my moms contract she has the family plan with like
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone 3GS question
    I have an iPhone 3gs unlocked and jail broken iOS 5.0.1 bb is 6.15.00, my question is I am under my moms contract she has the family plan with like 1000 min shared unlimited text, but no data plan, I have the data turned off on the phone just in case, can I get picture messages with no data plan and how do I go about it?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Mms (picture messaging) requires data. You might want to set up one of the free texting apps (textplus) so that people can send pics. It will get u a new number, but the pics will come through over wifi.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

You can use iMessage when you're on wifi

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@roch weird thing is that on the plan that we have now, my old phone can send and receive mms, and my wife's phone can.

@ipodtouchman yes I can yes Imessage on wifi

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You need to do the following:

1) Add the lei mobile repo to cydia....follow instructions here: T-Mobile MMS Settings For iOS 5 | LEi Mobile
    2) Put the proper settings in for the MMS APN while leaving the data APN blank (or put something random in for fun)
    3) Make sure cellular data is turned on

Tmobile uses data to send both MMS and Group messages. You have to have data on and setup for it to work. Not filling out the data APN will keep you from accidentally accessing the web, while filling out the mms APN will ensure your pics go through. I've done this on several phones with no problems.