Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help!! Can't get past the "Activate Phone" screen.

Unhappy Help!! Can't get past the "Activate Phone" screen.
    I have just upgraded my iphone 3Gs to 5.0.1 but can't get past the "Activate Phone" screen. I have an AT&T generic sim card in my phone put iTunes says "There is no SIM card in the Phone you are attempting to activate. Please disconnect and insert a SIM card into the Phone."

Any one know what I can do, short of borrowing someone else's SIM card to activate it?

TIA
    Yvonne

ETA I have just borrowed a fellow employee's AT&T SIM card with the same result. This is VERY frustrating!! Any help would be appreciated!
    Last edited by wyvon54; 01-24-2012 at 11:01 AM. Reason: further developments

You can use redsn0w to activate it without having to get an official sim card.

You also could do the emergency call-hang up method, go into cydia and download hacktivate it.

Im havin the same problem how do you get the redsn0w to work, after I restore it?
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 4
    iPad2 64gb wi-fi
    iPad1 64gb/3G/wi-fi

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It should activate fine with an AT&T SIM unless the device isn't an AT&T phone. Try a restore again and try activating again. What exactly is it showing you (like what screen is it on)?

i dont have an at&t sim card it has an t-moblie sim in it, but after i restore it i cant do anything?
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 4
    iPad2 64gb wi-fi
    iPad1 64gb/3G/wi-fi

Thanks

Sorry I was talking to the OP.

You need to jailbreak yours (hacktivate) to get past it. It's better to use an AT&T SIM if available though. If not jus hacktivate by jailbreaking.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

wyvon54 (01-30-2012)

Hello i.Annie, thanks for helping me with this. Sorry for not getting back sooner. I've been ill all weekend. I have a generic AT&T SIM that I purchased specifically for jailbreaking/unlocking. I have run the upgrade and restore several times with the AT&T SIM card in my phone. It runs through the Activate phone procedure asking for language, then country, then enabling location services, choosing a network, until it gets to the "Activating your iPhone" screen. "It may take up to three minutes to activate your iPhone" comes up and then tells me that it could not activate.

OMG, thank you for making me do this AGAIN. I tried several times last week to Hacktivate it and got nothing but frustration. It is now in the process of restoring from my back up. THANK YOU!! All I have to do now is unlock it.!!!

i.Annie you are the best!!

Thanks

Well I didn't do much, you just tried the same thing again lol. Glad you fixed it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Know that if you are having this issue with a 3gs it could be because you previously had the iPad baseband installed and upgraded to a stock firmware bundle. This technically leaves the BB and 6.15.00 but screws it up trying to put a lower version on top of it. I got hung at several activation screens because of this. In this instance you simply need to reflash the iPad baseband with redsn0w and it'll work correctly. You don't have to hacktivate it....the ATT sims will work just fine.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ThaNatrix For This Useful Post:

MiaField (01-31-2012)