Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Clarification question on updating my iPhone 4 to iOS 5...

Default Clarification question on updating my iPhone 4 to iOS 5...
    I'm on an iPhone 4, AT&T model but unlocked on T-Mobile, currently on iOS 4.3.2. It has been unlocked and jailbroken with Pwnage Tool in the past. I am on baseband 1.59.00. If I were to use pwnage tool to upgrade to iOS 5, is it as simple as it has always been? I don't stay in the jailbreaking loop, I just try to catch up whenever I decide it's worth updating the fw. Now I'm seeing all this stuff about Gevey sims, and having to use RedSn0w on top of Pwnage Tool... would I need to do that too? Or am I ok because my BB is 1.59? Thanks for any help, I just want to be as certain as possible before I do this, if I do.

I am not sure about the unlocking aspect of things, but for the sake of an untethered jailbreak, update to 5.0.1, or at least save your shsh and apticket before its too late
    (null)

1-/ download the latest version of redsn0w and make a custom 5.0.1 FW (ipsw) to preserve baseband
    1a-/ enter PWNED DFU mode
    2-/ Update to 5.0.1 with the custom fw
    3-/ , activate with a AT&T sim card so iMessage and FaceTime and push can work,
    4-/ jailbreak with the latest redsnow
    5-/ install ultrasn0w to unlock

Good luck!

Can I Upgrade to IOS 5 with unlocked IPHONE 4? 01.59.00

read that, i had the exact same situation and mine is now on 5.0.1

Thanks for all the help guys! I'll give it a try soon

Quote Originally Posted by tforst View Post
    Can I Upgrade to IOS 5 with unlocked IPHONE 4? 01.59.00

read that, i had the exact same situation and mine is now on 5.0.1
    Quick question, did you need to use another sim card, like an official AT&T sim, to activate it at some point during the process? Because the guide you used makes no mention of it but duromega does mention it.
    Last edited by bluem00se; 01-23-2012 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bluem00se View Post
    Thanks for all the help guys! I'll give it a try soon

Quick question, did you need to use another sim card, like an official AT&T sim, to activate it at some point during the process? Because the guide you used makes no mention of it but duromega does mention it.
    Nevermind, got it working using the hacktivation in the jailbreak anyways. Thanks for the help, I'm successfully on iOS 5 and unlocked now