Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Still no MMS on iPhon4 5.0.1 after T-Moblie Settings

Default Still no MMS on iPhon4 5.0.1 after T-Moblie Settings
    I've upgraded to firmware 5.0.1 and I have an iPhone 4 running fw 5.0.1 unlocked and jailbroken. I've tried putting in all the settings for the MMS part in Cellular date. My settings are:

Apn: wap.voicestream.com
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

Before this I actually SSL'd into my phone and installed a modified com.apple.mms_override.plist to /User/Library/Preferences

I still don't get MMS. The message tells me that the content wasn't included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction.

Anybody know what could be wrong here?

Have u try take picture in 320x480 and send with that?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,213 Times in 6,215 Posts

Try using epc.tmobile.com as your APN and then send a pic to yourself (phone number).
    Also, you can add this repo in Cydia and it will set all cellular data settings (repo is from T-Mobile)
    http//beta.leimobile.com/repo/
    then add "T-Mobile MMS Fix" from the repo.

Good luck.

No joy..............

After 5.0.1 upgrade, I can send mms but can not receive them. Using the t-mobile mms settings (like above), wap or epc - same results. no receiving.

The leimobile "fix" works when it wants to...

I've also tried the commcenterclassic patch and .ipcc for ios4.3, no joy..... and the .ipcc file for ios4.2.1 - again, no joy............. At this point, I've done SO MUCH, doubt MMS will ever work with a clean install now...........................

If anyone figures it out, please post some info for the rest of us too

Do you have data plan?

Thanks

if you do have data plan do this
    fix mms error t-mobile unlocked NOT jailbroken
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button

If you did the above also make sure to download this furious mod that works with 5.0

Alright man lets start from scratch.
    Go into cydia and add the repo "http://beta.leimobile.com/repo/" if it gives you errors keep trying and it'll eventually add.

Once you do get the repo to be added, download "Carrier Reset fix." Afterwards give it a reboot, and go back into that same repo scroll down, and download "T-Mobile MMS Fix" Once you install it, reboot your phone once again. Go into settings>general>network>cellular data network and add the APN for your MMS, which for me is "wap.voicestream.com" ( I can confirm it works). Once again reboot your phone, and once your phone turns back on try to send a MMS to someone, be patient, and make sure your cellular data is on. It should work, or at least thats how I got my friends iPhone 4 to work on 5.0.1 jailbroken and unlocked with Gevey, and my own iPhone 4 5.0.1 jailbroken unlocked w/ ultrasn0w.

Hopefully it works for you!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to whorichard For This Useful Post:

sammybaddy (01-06-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by whorichard View Post
    Alright man lets start from scratch.
    Go into cydia and add the repo "http://beta.leimobile.com/repo/" if it gives you errors keep trying and it'll eventually add.

Once you do get the repo to be added, download "Carrier Reset fix." Afterwards give it a reboot, and go back into that same repo scroll down, and download "T-Mobile MMS Fix" Once you install it, reboot your phone once again. Go into settings>general>network>cellular data network and add the APN for your MMS, which for me is "wap.voicestream.com" ( I can confirm it works). Once again reboot your phone, and once your phone turns back on try to send a MMS to someone, be patient, and make sure your cellular data is on. It should work, or at least thats how I got my friends iPhone 4 to work on 5.0.1 jailbroken and unlocked with Gevey, and my own iPhone 4 5.0.1 jailbroken unlocked w/ ultrasn0w.

Hopefully it works for you!
    Thanks! This worked for me....I did the "T-Mobile MMS Fix" and changed the APN/MMS in settings....didn't need the "Carrier Reset fix" since i already had access to the settings.