Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facetime, iMessage, Push Notifications on iPhone 4 iOS 5

Lightbulb Facetime, iMessage, Push Notifications on iPhone 4 iOS 5
    Alright so i'm posting this because i got all this working on my iPhone and havent seen any instructions on how to do it.
    So first of all, I'm on iOS 5.0.1 Untethered jailbreak and unlocked with the gevey sim
    I'm not responsible for anything that happens to your phone
    Alright so first of all your gonna have to be on 5.0.1 (have not tried all of this on any other fimwares)
    Second Your gonna have to be using the gevey sim ultra i have not tried with the ultrasn0w unlock because i do not have a compatible baseband
    So let's get started:
    Take out your gevey sim until i tell you to put it in in this process
    PUSH NOTIFICATIONS
    1.Go to Cydia and add this repo: http://repo.bingner.com
    2.Search for SAM and install it
    3.It'll ask you to either reload the springboard or reboot
    4.Go into the App SAM Prefs and go into Utilities
    5.Click on revert lockdownd to stock
    6.once it says succes click on de-activate iphone(push)
    7.connect your iphone to your computer and sync it with itunes itll ask you if you want it to automatically sync apps music, etc.... Choose whatever you prefer and name it whatever you want
    8.You might get an error after its done syncing and backing up if you do ignore it if you dont then your still ok
    9.Go into SAM Prefs and check more information and make sure it says wildcard activated if so then Congrats Push notifications work on your iphone now
    (To test Push Notifications download iPusher from the appstore)

Now put in your gevey sim and follow its instructions on how to unlock it
    Once your done follow the next set of steps to get Facetime and iMessage to work
    Note: If once your done with all of this your signal only shows one bar then just simply download ultrasn0w.

Facetime & iMessage
    1.Go into cydia and add this source: Cydia.pushfix.info
    2.download mitime and it'll remove SAM but you dont have to worry about that and itll ask you to respring or reboot
    3.once your done downloading go into the mitime app and accept or agree the message that it brings up and then just wait until its done getting the info
    4.once the info is all up then get out of the app and go into settings
    5.go into the facetime tab and turn it off and on 2 times
    6.double click the home button and hold down on the mitime app
    7.click on the minus so it fully closes the app
    And there you have it
    iMessage and Facetime and push notifications working on ios 5
    If it does not work then simply try again
    it took my friend a few tries following these steps but he got it working

BTW:Im new to modmyi so Hello modmyi members

Haven't tried any of this yet I just want my MMS working...whats the info for that??

Just go into Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Network
    & enter these settings
    Cellular Data
    Apn: epc.tmobile.com
    Username:
    Password:
    MMS
    Apn: wap.voicestream.com
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile/mms/wapenc
    Mms proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    Mms max message size: 1048576
    Mms us prof URL : http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

An that should be it , make sure you have 3G off and data roaming on

hey
    thanx for the help
    i got the wildcard activated in SAM but still push notifications arent working

the mitime says so too

how do i fix it

i have iphone 4 updated to 5.0.1 with the new redsnow (beta1) and gevey pro

i couldnt get the ultra to work btw

mitime says push cert no unique

Alright so I got mms working by doing what it says on this postfix mms error t-mobile unlocked NOT jailbroken
    And then downloading the furiousmod deb and installing it via ifile
    After rebooting you shouldn't have too dial 112 or anything anymore
    Itll do it by itself if you wait a few seconds then a message pops up then that's it
    Btw here's where I got the furious mod that works with 5.0 and up
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1299882

RenoL,
    Sorry for the late reply but all I can tell you is restore your iPhone and do this process over again ,
    Remember always restore with a custom firmware from sn0wbreeze

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CeSqBrOkEn For This Useful Post:

willryan42 (01-05-2012)

i've done all this and mitime says im not able to activate facetime

I tried activating my imessage however it hangs while in the configuration window T_T
    Last edited by akstig; 01-05-2012 at 07:21 PM. Reason: update

Quote Originally Posted by CeSqBrOkEn View Post
    Alright so I got mms working by doing what it says on this postfix mms error t-mobile unlocked NOT jailbroken
    And then downloading the furiousmod deb and installing it via ifile
    After rebooting you shouldn't have too dial 112 or anything anymore
    Itll do it by itself if you wait a few seconds then a message pops up then that's it
    Btw here's where I got the furious mod that works with 5.0 and up
    Furious Mod for Gevey on iOS 5 - MacRumors Forums

RenoL,
    Sorry for the late reply but all I can tell you is restore your iPhone and do this process over again ,
    Remember always restore with a custom firmware from sn0wbreeze
    Whoa, a FuriousMod for 5.0?! Definitely checking this out, thanks!

And Akstig, my iMessage freezes in the configuration window too, forcing me to hard reboot my phone. Are you using a gevey?

Facetime activated fine, I didn't need to do anything, but my iMessage just says

Waiting for activation...

i followed all the steps. did a couple of restart and reset network and facetime worked however imessage does not show waiting for activating but i am only able to send imessage to myself.

I've got an iPhone 4 on iOS 5.0.1 bought in the States. My phone was activated with an original AT&T SIM. I tried activating FaceTime and iMessage using AT&T card but no luck. The phone was unlocked using Gevey SIM.
    I tried this method to activate FaceTime and iMessage, but it didn't work. After launching Mitime I'm told, that "my activation state is FactoryActivated". What do I do?
    P.S: My carrier IS NOT T-Mobile. This was the only thread about activating FT on iOS 5, while using Gevey that I could find

Quote Originally Posted by halfer View Post
    I've got an iPhone 4 on iOS 5.0.1 bought in the States. My phone was activated with an original AT&T SIM. I tried activating FaceTime and iMessage using AT&T card but no luck. The phone was unlocked using Gevey SIM.
    I tried this method to activate FaceTime and iMessage, but it didn't work. After launching Mitime I'm told, that "my activation state is FactoryActivated". What do I do?
    P.S: My carrier IS NOT T-Mobile. This was the only thread about activating FT on iOS 5, while using Gevey that I could find
    Do this in order to get it wildcard activated
    7.connect your iphone to your computer and sync it with itunes itll ask you if you want it to automatically sync apps music, etc.... Choose whatever you prefer and name it whatever you want
    8.You might get an error after its done syncing and backing up if you do ignore it if you dont then your still ok
    9.Go into SAM Prefs and check more information and make sure it says wildcard activated

And to everyone else if you are still having problems can you message me so that I can work with you to figure out what is going wrong with the process
    And once again sorry to all who have posted a while back I'm really busy with school and all

I have iOS 5.01. running on a iphone 4 jailbroken and unlocked with gevy sim. I followed the instructions in the tutorial and my facetime, imessages and push notifications are working fine. But when i connect my phone to itunes it says there is no sim card in your device.

Everything is working perfectly but i cannot connect to itunes.

plz help

CeSqBrOkEn, thank you! That did it

i just updated to 5.0.1 on my iphone 4, unlocked with gevey sim, it shows me only 1 bar for TMOBILE, and also, whenever I get a text message, it does not show up next to the battery on the top right, I remember the notification used to come next to it, any help on this please? thanks, unless the notification is the push notification?

CeSqBrOkEn, thanks for the info. Just curious, what baseband are you on?

Do this in order to get it wildcard activated
    9.Go into SAM Prefs and check more information and make sure it says wildcard activated

And to everyone else if you are still having problems can you message me so that I can work with you to figure out what is going wrong with the process
    And once again sorry to all who have posted a while back I'm really busy with school and all
    So the SIM card must not be inserted while performing SAM ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs up Fix iMessage/FaceTime & Push Notifications On Hacktivated iPhone 4/3GS
    iOS 5 brought with it a plethora of new features, including the infamous iMessage that allowed users to communicate with any other iOS 5 device over a WiFi/mobile data connection, effectively eliminating the cost of carrier SMS plans. While highly appreciated and useful, iMessage was something jailbroken users remained envious of, particularly those on unofficial carriers, since iMessage requires activation with iTunes before it can be used. Hacktivating your iOS 5 device bypasses that, and while you can use your iPhone 4 or 3GS, features like iMessage, FaceTime and push notifications remain unavailable unless you’re willing to pay for solutions like PushFix and MiTime.

This all changed with SAM (Subscriber Artificial Module), which allows you to activate your iPhone using legitimate certificates generated through iTunes. Advantage? You get fully working push notifications, FaceTime and iMessage (iOS 5 only) without needing to spend a single buck. Read on after the jump to find out how.

Before we begin, allow me to explain a little how this works. iTunes activates your new iPhone using your official (supported) carrier’s IMSI, taken from the SIM card. When you hacktivate the device for use with unofficial carrier, this process is bypassed by running a daemon constantly in the background, fooling iTunes into believing that the device is already activated. While there are numerous methods and tools available for hacktivation, SAM, a free package on Cydia, spoofs a fake IMSI, making iTunes believe that the device is running on an official carrier’s SIM, thus making the program generate legitimate activation certificates. While this fixes the ‘push notifications not working’ issue, on iOS 5, it also fixes FaceTime and iMessage. You also get considerably better battery life, thanks to skipping the activation daemon constantly running in background (even better for ultrasn0w unlockers).

The process described here was tested on iPhone 4 (GSM version) jailbroken using sn0wbreeze 2.8b8, running iOS 5.0. The usual warning applies; while fully tested, proceed with this method at your own risk. AddictiveTips cannot be held liable for any damage whatsoever.

You will need a jailbroken, already-hacktivated iPhone 4/iPhone 3GS, with Cydia up and running.

First, launch Cydia, head on to the Manage tab and add the following source.

Once your new repository is added, search for SAM, or find the package in the repository manually, and install it.

With SAM installed, you’ll find a SAMPrefs icon on your iPhone’s Springboard. Launch SAMPrefs and navigate to Utilities menu.

Under Utilities, tap the option that says “Revert Lockdown to Stock”. This will deactivate your hacktivation, but don’t worry about it; your iPhone will remain functional.

A message will pop up claiming that Stockification was a success. Hit OK to dismiss.

Next, on the same screen, hit the De-Activate iPhone (clear push) button. Another message will pop up, confirming that the phone has been deactivated.

Now, if you had your iPhone already connected to your PC, remove the USB cable and reconnect. Otherwise, just connect it with iTunes and let it activate (one sync is all it takes with SAM package installed). Also, at this point, if iPusher app was already installed on your iPhone, remove it.

At this point, the activation is basically complete and you can verify that by navigating to Settings > SAM > More Information. If it says Wildcard Activated, you’re good to go.

Once your iPhone is activated, launch SAMPrefs again, tap Utilities and you’ll notice that the menu displayed is different from the last time around. Hit Backup Activation, followed by Restore Activation. A success popup should follow.

From here on begins the part that requires patience (bothered me, at least). Reboot your iPhone and then let it sync with iTunes. Once that is done, install the free iPusher app from App Store [iTunes link].

Reboot your iPhone again (yeah, that’s two reboots before you can actually use it – I didn’t like that, either) and sync once more with iTunes. Also, ensure that you have a working WiFi connection with active internet access. Then, launch iPusher, allow it to send you push notifications, and tap the Test Push Notifications button. Should you see the below screen, breathe a sigh of relief, for everything works!

This should basically fix everything, but to be sure, it’s better that you turn off both iMessage and FaceTime, and reactivate them. To do that, go to Settings > Phone and turn off FaceTime. For iMessage, follow Settings > Messages and turn off iMessage. Now, reboot your iPhone again, turn both these features back on and they should be good to go.

It’s worth mentioning that in Settings, both iMessage and FaceTime still show ‘activation unsuccessful’. They do work, nevertheless.

Now that you can use your otherwise-hacktivated iPhone 4/iPhone 3GS back to their full potential, do share the goodness with your friends and loved ones. Please note that this method works for iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS only, running iOS 5 on an unofficial carrier. Also, you won’t need these settings if you’re using a factory-unlocked phone, since they don’t need to be hacktivated at all anyway.

anyone can help me with my problem above? I can receive texts but the small bubble near my battery does not show up anymore after updating to 5.0.1

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Alright so i'm posting this because i got all this working on my iPhone and havent seen any instructions on how to do it.
    So first of all, I'm on iOS 5.0.1 Untethered jailbreak and unlocked with the gevey sim
    I'm not responsible for anything that happens to your phone
    Alright so first of all your gonna have to be on 5.0.1 (have not tried all of this on any other fimwares)
    Second Your gonna have to be using the gevey sim ultra i have not tried with the ultrasn0w unlock because i do not have a compatible baseband
    So let's get started:
    Take out your gevey sim until i tell you to put it in in this process
    PUSH NOTIFICATIONS
    9.Go into SAM Prefs and check more information and make sure it says wildcard activated if so then Congrats Push notifications work on your iphone now
    (To test Push Notifications download iPusher from the appstore)

Now put in your gevey sim and follow its instructions on how to unlock it
    Once your done follow the next set of steps to get Facetime and iMessage to work
    Note: If once your done with all of this your signal only shows one bar then just simply download ultrasn0w.

Facetime & iMessage
    1.Go into cydia and add this source: Cydia.pushfix.info
    2.download mitime and it'll remove SAM but you dont have to worry about that and itll ask you to respring or reboot
    3.once your done downloading go into the mitime app and accept or agree the message that it brings up and then just wait until its done getting the info
    4.once the info is all up then get out of the app and go into settings
    5.go into the facetime tab and turn it off and on 2 times
    6.double click the home button and hold down on the mitime app
    7.click on the minus so it fully closes the app
    And there you have it
    iMessage and Facetime and push notifications working on ios 5
    If it does not work then simply try again
    it took my friend a few tries following these steps but he got it working

BTW:Im new to modmyi so Hello modmyi members
    Will try

Why it shows this-imageuploadedbymodmyi1327625913.710070.jpg
    Last edited by Cmds187; 01-26-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast