Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G bricked for no reason-help

Default iPhone 3G bricked for no reason-help
    I have an 8GB iPhone 3G running JB/UL iOS 4.2.1, and yesterday, it just crashed for no reason. I didn't do anything, it just entered an endless loop of the 'spinning white circle' on black screen you see during shutdown, reboot, and respring. It wouldn't respond, and eventually just froze with all 8 (6?) lines of the circle lit up. I tried to restore with the custom firmware (4.2.1, iPad baseband) and it just tells me it can't restore when its 75% or so done. The error code it gives isn't recognized by apple's master list. Now I'm stuck in recovery mode. What should I do?

Other notes- sleep button doesn't work (dropped it a few weeks ago) and I used activator to compensate for it.

Should I attempt to build another CFW?

I am NOT an experienced modder, however, oddly enough, I just read this and maybe it will help. DFU Mode [iPhone Tip] | iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch App Store App Reviews

Put in dfu mode... Restore with 4.2.1 ipsw.. Then use tiny umbrella to knock it out of recovery.. Use Redsnow 0.9.6b18 and re jailbreak it.. NO IPAD BASEBAND FLASHING... And unlock and your good as new..