View Poll Results: Would you invest in a project that could possibly allow 3G/4G on your iPhone?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell Yeah!

2 66.67%
  • No, not at all ...

0 0%
  • EDGE is fine ...

1 33.33%
  • I like cookies ... and I don't care about people on other carriers.

0 0%
+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G/4G on IPhone 4/4S

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey there, I am aware that any iPhone on tmo will not be able to do 3G/4G data speeds because it lacks one the frequency bands. My question: What would
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Lightbulb 3G/4G on IPhone 4/4S
    Hey there,

I am aware that any iPhone on tmo will not be able to do 3G/4G data speeds because it lacks one the frequency bands.

My question: What would be necessary to start a project, a hardware mod or a software mod to get to 3G/4G bands.

I have read many threads about why it is not possible but rather than just giving up I was wondering if all of us tmo users would come together and seek a solution for our 3G/4G dilemma, make it opensource under GNU and get the satisfaction that we have created something great that can be used by everyone and is not limited to certain carriers.

So, to the hardcore iPhone programmers and hardware modders, what do we need, what is neccessary?
    Tweak Antennas, different chip sets, software ...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    370+ views and not a single comment, is no one up for the challenge? This could possibly open the iPhone to more people who are bound to their contracts, more people joining the community...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm confused, I have an iPhone 4 on Tmobile and I have 3G and I also have a jailbroken/unlocked 3GS that also gets 3G.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambran007 View Post
    I'm confused, I have an iPhone 4 on Tmobile and I have 3G and I also have a jailbroken/unlocked 3GS that also gets 3G.
    Then you would be the first to have this... or did I not get the memo? (are you in the US?)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If he is in the US then it is a lie. He possibly is in the UK with Tmobile if it does work. But it will never work in the US