+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will 3GS jailbreak iOS 5 work with T-Mobile?

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have a 3GS that has been terribly slow on my TMobile. I want to upgrade to iOS 5 and am about to upload the appropriate program (tethered, sigh) and
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Default Will 3GS jailbreak iOS 5 work with T-Mobile?
    I have a 3GS that has been terribly slow on my TMobile. I want to upgrade to iOS 5 and am about to upload the appropriate program (tethered, sigh) and have my phone plugged in ready to upgrade and then I wondered again. Will it work with TMobile still? It was originally jailbroken with Cydia, by a seller who warned me to never upgrade again, thus the questions.

Thanks.

BTW, for some reason I'm unable to use search. It comes up with a fatal error.

Thanks
    Bump

Thanks

I saw your other posts. Did you get your answers? 5.0 is not available and the .01 is unlockable. I'm on 5.0 TMO.

Thanks
    Thanks MizM. I bought an eBay phone with 4.3.3 and will upgrade PRN to 5.01. I bought an adaptable SIM card holder so I can still use a new Micro SIM in other devices. I get pretty overwhelmed with jailbreaking -- I seem stuck at "create a new ISPW" so I haven't yet played with my 3GS to see if the 5.01 is something I want. I'm reading more just to see!

How is your reception and the time? What iPhone do you have?

Seeing the new info with ATT trying again to buy TMo, I'm thinking of taking the $59 per month deal and going back on contract. How about you? I've been with them since they were VoiceStream!!

Nice to meet someone else who uses Tmo!

Thanks

I've been with TMO for years. I'm really a blackberry person. A friend at work had an almost brand new 3GS and he got as 4 so I bought his and another coworkers for $100 apiece! I had a TMO loyalty plan 3 phones unlimited everything...one was a bb and my bill was $200 a month.

Have you looked into the value plan. I now have 4 lines. 1 bb, 2 iPhones and a dumb phone. 3 Are unlimited talk, one is 500 minutes, all unlimited text, 3 have 2gb data and one has 200mb data. All for 145 and I get a work discount.

One more thought. If its just you....why not go with one of the MVNOs that use at and t. If you look on the forums people are getting unlimited talk, text and data for 60 a month. And you get 3G speed. If I didn't have such as good deal, I would do it.
    Last edited by Miz.Michele; 11-26-2011 at 09:14 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I suggest you not upgrade to ios 5+ right now. I had a 3Gs that I upgraded to ios5.0 and had continuous problems with location services. I finally downgraded back to ios 4.1 and the issues went away. So as much as I liked some of the ios 5 features, it wasn't worth the pain until ios5 is stable and there is an ultrasnow unlock