+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Simple mobile iphone 4s data problem

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So I just got my iphone 4s.My internet was working great untill yesterday.I tried to fix the mms by the whole ibackup fix for mms override plist but ever since
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Simple mobile iphone 4s data problem
    So I just got my iphone 4s.My internet was working great untill yesterday.I tried to fix the mms by the whole ibackup fix for mms override plist but ever since I did that my internet doesnt work anymore I even restored to factory settings with no lock.unfortunately i dont have a backup from when it was working.does anyone know how to fix this? on my apn I have simple and nothing else for data settings

I have a factory unlocked iphone 4s with simple mobile

Thanks

i believe this is the simple mobile plist you need for mms:http://iphone2.googlecode.com/files/...override.plist as for internet not working,do you have the E next to carrier?did you turn on data roaming?
    SIMPLE MOBILE SETTINGS
    Apn: simple
    Mmsc: http://smpl.mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    Mms proxy: 216.155.165.050
    Mms max: 1048576
    Mms ua prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes I have the E next to my carrier and I have the roaming on.Those are the settings as well.I used to get internet before i messed with it for mms.right now i dont even care about the mms as long as i can get internet working.also I know the phone is factory unlocked since when i plug it in it says congrats your iphone has been unlocked

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just got my factory unlocked iphone 4s, will it work with simple mobile? did you had to cut your simple mobile Sim in order to use it right?
    let me know Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sam88 View Post
    I just got my factory unlocked iphone 4s, will it work with simple mobile? did you had to cut your simple mobile Sim in order to use it right?
    let me know Thanks
    It should work with Simple Mobile. Unless you have a MicroSIM from Simple Mobile, you'd need to cut it. Buy a cutter, if you don't know what you're doing, or find a person that has a cutter and borrow it for like ten seconds to cut yours.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrWHOx View Post
    It should work with Simple Mobile. Unless you have a MicroSIM from Simple Mobile, you'd need to cut it. Buy a cutter, if you don't know what you're doing, or find a person that has a cutter and borrow it for like ten seconds to cut yours.
    Are you guys sure that Simple Mobile supports the new iPhone 4S? Cuz when I go to options it has VPN not APN.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

APN is not available if you don't modify the iPhone 4S' files. It's not the carrier that's the issue. It's your phone. Wait for the jailbreak (or research some absurdly ridiculous way to modify the files you need for APN to show up) and then there will be plist hacks for you to use.