+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Charging Data Usage with No DATA PLAN???

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys, does anyone know about T-Mobile's new TOS regarding their data usage? I have no data plan, and recently I noticed on my bill that I was charged data
    EVO
    Thanks

Hey guys, does anyone know about T-Mobile's new TOS regarding their data usage?

I have no data plan, and recently I noticed on my bill that I was charged data usage with their Pay Per Use. Comes to find out, I had "Cellular Data" turned on.

Their TOS states they are charging for WI-FI usage. I just turned off Cellular Data. Will they still charge data usage if I'm using WI-FI from my ISP? That means I'm not using their network right?

If they are still charging me for data usage from my ISP that I'm already paying for, that is unethical.

Can someone confirm this?

Thanks

I apologize for the repost. I just noticed someone posting a similar thread.

MODs can delete this at their discretion.

I apologize again.
    Last edited by EVO; 11-01-2011 at 12:57 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

Irelia (06-20-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I just reread the tos and do not see what you are referring to for billing for wifi data. I checked my usage online and wifi data is not reflected in my data usage. Where specifically did you see this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 6thDAY View Post
    Hey guys, does anyone know about T-Mobile's new TOS regarding their data usage?

I have no data plan, and recently I noticed on my bill that I was charged data usage with their Pay Per Use. Comes to find out, I had "Cellular Data" turned on.

Their TOS states they are charging for WI-FI usage. I just turned off Cellular Data. Will they still charge data usage if I'm using WI-FI from my ISP? That means I'm not using their network right?

If they are still charging me for data usage from my ISP that I'm already paying for, that is unethical.

Can someone confirm this?

Thanks

I apologize for the repost. I just noticed someone posting a similar thread.
    I apologize again.

i have the same problem. they charging my phone that cannot get to internet.but i have cellular data turn " ON ".