Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
T-mobileforums, a part of the
This is going to sound crazy, but I have tested it in exchanging MMS messages with other iPhones on T-Mobile, Verizon and AT&T and also with Email accounts 1. Backup...
10-18-2011, 10:03 AM #1T-Mobile MMS for Factory Unlocked, No Jailbreak iPhone 4S
This is going to sound crazy, but I have tested it in exchanging MMS messages with other iPhones on T-Mobile, Verizon and AT&T and also with Email accounts
1. Backup your iPhone 4S in iTunes
2. Download, install and open iBackupBot (Google it)
3. Select your recent iPhone backup
4. Find and open the file named "com.apple.mms_override.plist"
5. Delete the text in this file and replace it with
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>MMS</key> <dict> <key>GroupModeEnabled</key> <false/> <key>MMSC</key> <string>http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc</string> <key>MaxMessageSize</key> <integer>1048576</integer> <key>MaxRecipients</key> <integer>10</integer> <key>MaxVideoBitrate</key> <integer>131072</integer> <key>Proxy</key> <string>188.8.131.52:8080</string> <key>UAProf</key> <string>http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf</string> <key>UserAgent</key> <string>SonyEricssonW800i/R1L</string> </dict> </dict> </plist>
7. Exit iBackupBot and open iTunes
8. Restore your iPhone with the most recent backup
9. After your iPhone reboots go to Settings>General>Network and turn on Data Roaming
10. While still in Network settings go to >Cellular Data Network and enter "epc.tmobile.com" as the APN for Cellular Data and Internet Tethering
11. Enter the following for MMS settings:
MMS Proxy: 184.108.40.206:8080
NOTE: Leave all other fields empty, if they have anything in them, delete it.
I have no clue why wap.cingular works for T-Mobile customers, nor do I care. But as mentioned before, I have exchanged MMS with other phones and email accounts.
10-18-2011, 10:09 AM #2
10-18-2011, 10:23 AM #3
The only difference is that epc.tmobile.com did not work for the MMS settings. I had to use wap.cingular
10-18-2011, 10:30 AM #4
Oh that was it.cool glad I can help.
Don't forget to hit the thanks button.
The Following User Says Thank You to westc0ast For This Useful Post:
10-18-2011, 05:09 PM #5
Hey can you send picture messages and-------- can receive them
Last edited by Cmds187; 10-19-2011 at 04:53 AM.
10-18-2011, 07:52 PM #6
Yes I can send picture messages.
02-14-2012, 11:17 PM #7
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS POST! I was going crazy trying to fix the MMS settings the way T-mobile was telling me but I could not receive MMS msgs. These steps definitely need to be done to not only send but receive MMS.