+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FREE: FaceTime, iMessage, & Push Activation on iOS 5

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
What if you have an old att sim laying around how would i get imessage to work with my 3gs phone being unlocked and jailbroken?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What if you have an old att sim laying around how would i get imessage to work with my 3gs phone being unlocked and jailbroken?

Thanks

My FaceTime and iMessage somehow got deactivated, and I followed my own tutorial to get them working again I will film a video later today showing how I did it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I did all the steps and it still says waiting for activation i guess i should do it over?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

My imessage works but it says activation unsuccessful. All my imessages are sent from my apple id instead of my phone number, which I don't want. Is there a way to have them be sent from my phone number? And does it need to say activation successful for this to happen?

Thanks

If using a Gevey sim... good luck getting iMessage or Facetime to work with a phone number without reprogramming the Gevey. It messes with too many things to work properly.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,754 Times in 6,861 Posts

Geveys work just fine with FaceTime and iMessage where I am. I think it depends more on the carrier then the unlock method.

Thanks

Hmmm I am using a gevey... so there's no way to use my phone number with imessage/facetime?

Thanks

So it seems that my method only works for ultrasn0w unlockers. I know nothing about Gevey SIMs (i haven't used one since my iPhone 3G) so I can't really help. I might be able to provide suggestions though.

If you have a Gevey SIM and want to chat with me about a solution to get this to work, send me a PM with either your AIM or Skype username and I'll try to contact you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have an iPhone 4, 5.0.1 with a preserved baseband (1.59.00,) which I'm using on t-mobile via ultrasn0w.

Has anyone else gotten this to work? When I disable SAM, it works for a while, but then my phone resets and goes to the very first setup screen and tells me that I have an invalid SIM card. This happens every 5-10 minutes. I just reinstalled/restored everything, and my imessage and facetime are working, but only with my email address.

Thanks

I'm using a Gevey Ultra and from what I understand, it messes with something phone number related which is why you can't send iMessages from your phone number. Haven't seen anyway around this, but I'd be interested to find out.

Thanks

my imessage and facetime are working now but not MMS, any help?

edit: never mind it's working I tried sending a MMS to another phone and it worked
    Last edited by thunderwolf333; 01-09-2012 at 05:38 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

At first, you can try this tutorial Fix iOS 5 iMessage on Hacktivated/Jailbroken iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 Using SAM | iPhoneJailbreak.me
    If you stuck with Carrier as Not Available, and My Number is Unknown.
    Then here's how you may get it to work (as I did with my ip4 lock):
    1. (assume that you already enabled SAM)
    2. enter SAM through settings or SAMref, under Subscriber Artificial Modulem, use these settings:
    + Enabled: ON
    + Method: By Country and Carrier
    + Country: <Choose your country>
    + Carrier: <Choose your carrier>
    + SIM ID: this is a list, just choose one ID from that (I'm not sure how many items are there since in my case, I only have one)
    + the rest is OFF
    3. Reboot and wait for the Carrier to be detected. You may receive an 'Invalid SIM' notification at this stage. Just reboot again.
    4. To check whether your carrier is detected, go to General > About > Carrier. If it no longer displays 'Not Available' then you're done.
    5. Just turn on Facetime and iMessage. Waiting time may take 10 minutes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Facetime and imessage working but not connecting to itunes
    I have iOS 5.01. running on a iphone 4 jailbroken and unlocked with gevy sim. I followed the instructions in the tutorial and my facetime, imessages and push notifications are working fine. But when i connect my phone to itunes it says there is no sim card in your device.

Everything is working perfectly but i cannot connect to itunes.

plz help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

tried SAM to "activate my iPhone" manualy but its saying "STOCKIFICATION FAILURE". help me guyz

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shahzad_ashraf30 View Post
    tried SAM to "activate my iPhone" manualy but its saying "STOCKIFICATION FAILURE". help me guyz
    I have seen this problem before. Do you have a 3G S?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    I have seen this problem before. Do you have a 3G S?
    iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i Have been trying this for almost 1 week. I already search all the web, looking for solution, but didnt work.

i have 5.0.1 iphone 4 jailbreak. Hacktivated with redsnow, unlock with ultrasnow.

I ended on invalid SIM on iTunes. I already choose manual bundle (my carrier is telstra Australia). When i check on SAM, SIM details and SAM details already different (IMSI and ICCID)
    BUt still couldn't activate.

And i wanna ask, after SAM is enabled. If the carrier info ( settings -> general -> about) will change to carrier's name that we choose (for example, manual bundle that i mention above). Because the carrier info on my phone didn't change. And i suspect the carriers name must change in order to activated successfuly.

Did i need to restart / respring after enabled SAM and after choose SIMID?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. !

Many Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by monkeymajik View Post
    i Have been trying this for almost 1 week. I already search all the web, looking for solution, but didnt work.

i have 5.0.1 iphone 4 jailbreak. Hacktivated with redsnow, unlock with ultrasnow.

I ended on invalid SIM on iTunes. I already choose manual bundle (my carrier is telstra Australia). When i check on SAM, SIM details and SAM details already different (IMSI and ICCID)
    BUt still couldn't activate.

And i wanna ask, after SAM is enabled. If the carrier info ( settings -> general -> about) will change to carrier's name that we choose (for example, manual bundle that i mention above). Because the carrier info on my phone didn't change. And i suspect the carriers name must change in order to activated successfuly.

Did i need to restart / respring after enabled SAM and after choose SIMID?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. !

Many Thanks.
    im facing same problem and tried everything written on the forums but cudnt do anything, revert to lockdown in sam end saying "STOCKIFICATION FAILURE".

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Finally, i get wilcardActivated. If someone ended in iTunes says invalid sim (even though you already choose the right carrier), here is what i do.

first, try to not put in your SIM on the phone. Choose your carrier, reboot the phone. Then sync with iTunes.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shahzad_ashraf30 View Post
    im facing same problem and tried everything written on the forums but cudnt do anything, revert to lockdown in sam end saying "STOCKIFICATION FAILURE".
    same here