Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iMessage (Waiting for activation) any solutions with Gevey Ultra on T-mobile ?

Default iMessage (Waiting for activation) any solutions with Gevey Ultra on T-mobile ?
    Like title says
    i got facetime working through email/appleID
    My MMS works by adding it manually

My phones specs are below in my sig, but i cant get iMessage to activate.

Any one know how this might work ?
    iPhone 4 Unlocked on T-Mobile | Motorola Verizon Razr M on T-Mobile | iPhone 5 Confused

Thanks

r u sure that when you receive a pic from someone else you don't get the "media content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction" error?
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button

My MMS is working

The problem i am having with my iphone 4 is it wont activate iMessenger with my Phone number.
    I managed to get it working with my iPhone 3GS it send 2 SMS to UK one for face time and one for iMessenger.

So i know my account can send SMS to UK for activation.
    But nothing SMS wise leaves my iPhone4 for activation.

Leaving me to think 3 things, these activation are 1. Activation SIM (Original Carrier SIM) 2. Baseband (3GS on OLD Baseband maybe 4 wit 2.10, 1.59 are easier to get it activated) 3. IC or ID dependent

I will try activation sim aka IEME and see whats up
    iPhone 4 Unlocked on T-Mobile | Motorola Verizon Razr M on T-Mobile | iPhone 5 Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Germanese View Post
    Like title says
    i got facetime working through email/appleID
    My MMS works by adding it manually

My phones specs are below in my sig, but i cant get iMessage to activate.

Any one know how this might work ?
    Hi just curious how you were able to get Facetime working without jailbreaking on iphone 4? I would really appreciate any help on that. i am also unlocked using gevey ultra on T-Mobile, on iOS 4.3.5, BB 04.10.01. not jailbroken.

thanks in advance
    Last edited by jet000; 10-18-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Facetime i only have it running on Email.
    I figure the Edge is not fast enough to have it run over the Data.

But I think I have figured out the issue for iMessenger get activated with Gevey on Tmobile with our Phone Number not just email.
    Its the lil number on the back on our sims, Gevey is masking it with a fake one, it is not needed to mask that only our Carrier SIM needs to be masked and faked. I cannot confirm it yet until i am able to reprogram somethings.

2 Solutions:
    Gevey Reprogramming
    Scrappy or what ever his name is had a use the sim card ID instead fake that might also work but you must be JB

Cant confirm till i get my equipment next week. Till then no iMessenger on phone#

But I think I have figured out the issue for iMessenger get activated with Gevey on Tmobile with our Phone Number not just email.
    Its the lil number on the back on our sims, Gevey is masking it with a fake one, it is not needed to mask that only our Carrier SIM needs to be masked and faked. I cannot confirm it yet until i am able to reprogram somethings.

2 Solutions:
    Gevey Reprogramming
    Scrappy or what ever his name is had a use the sim card ID instead fake that might also work but you must be JB

Cant confirm till i get my equipment next week. Till then no iMessenger on phone#

thanks. cool. how do you enable facetime on email in iOS 5? thanks

Sign in with Apple ID under facetime.

Under neath there is add email: So that will allow ppl to call you by email. You have to verify i think to activate through your email also.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

2 Solutions:
    Gevey Reprogramming

cant you cahnge the sim id in sam? can i try this without out bricking my phone or anything?

theres also something that says spoof real sim to sam does that have anything to do with anything?
    Last edited by Young Harlem108; 10-19-2011 at 06:15 PM.

I am on the same boat.

I activated imessage with AT&T sim and swap in the gevey+tmobile sim but no luck with that.

ios 5.0 bb 4.10.01 JB Gevey unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by Young Harlem108 View Post
    cant you cahnge the sim id in sam? can i try this without out bricking my phone or anything?

theres also something that says spoof real sim to sam does that have anything to do with anything?
    Sam and the one scrubby made can also do it.
    Problem is I am not sure if both are 100% compatible.
    But the process is. Get your sim and have Sam or similar software remember the numbers. Withou gevey. And then mask it with Sam when using Sam in combination with gevey to fix the fake gevey one.

But I decided to fix it at the source and reprogram my gevey next week.

By the way Germanese do you need to have Edge in order to send imessage?

Thanks

even thow it says waiting for activation.have you tried using it.go to message app type the email of someone who has iMessage you will see iMessage appear on top and the send button will turn blue. send and it should work.you can even receive still says waiting for activation but works.i just did it.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/784024-working-facetime-imessage-gevey-unlocked-no-jailbreak-new-post.html
    Last edited by westc0ast; 10-20-2011 at 09:43 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the same problem. My iPhone 4 is unlocked through Gevey. But it is activated through the original carrier sim which is AT&T, so it is NOT hacktivated. Though I can still send iMessage and Facetime using my apple I.D. though it still says "waiting for activation" then it will become unsuccessful. So that's why it brought me here to this forum. But there is an instance where I manage to get it work.. First, I HACKTIVATED my iphone 4.. baseband preservation mode using snowbreeze then jailbreak it with redsnow to be hactivated. So first I did is install SAMprefs . . though i really don't know how to use it.. I did almost all the activation procedure I found on the internet..like how to activate it by carrier bundle..etc then I downloaded ipush test..then still push noti not working (problems with hactivated iphones, push notification not working).. then my last solution is download Push Doctor.. then when it finished to download my apple id just pop up requring my password for facetime and imessage then that did all of it.. my number is verified also.. may be some of you are wondering how did got in this situation.. what i did is I turned my iMessgae off.. then when I'm gonna turn it back on.. it won't activate anymore.. I tried installing Push Doctor again..but installation always failed or I can't even download it.. I did a restore and jailbreak again..but nothing happens.. now I just restored it, did not jailbreak it . Waiting for someone to get it work.haha But my theory is . . Samprefs must have been the solution... I just don't know how right now, how did I configured the right settings. >.< Sigh....I Want My Number To Be Verified Also. ><
    Last edited by vortgrenade; 10-20-2011 at 11:29 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Mine activates fine with my Apple ID. But my number won't even show... not even greyed out. I am using a Gevey Sim as well. Scroopy said he is working on i5MMS so he might have a fix soon.

Hi. I still have problem activating iMessage & Facetime for phone no (email is ok). My spec is here: jailbroken Iphone 4 iOS5.01, baseband 02.10.04, using gevey ultra sim for unlocking. I have tried a few methods as per below:
    1) I used SAM method to get WildcardActivated here:
    Fix iOS 5 iMessage on Hacktivated/Jailbroken iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 Using SAM | iPhoneJailbreak.me
    2) Since my SIM card was not recognised by iTunes, since its from Canada (model: MC605C), I used the steps below:
    Fix SAM Error: SIM Card Not Does Not Appear to be Supported | Jaxov
    3) After this is finished, I turned on iMessage. After a few seconds, as usual, my email was activated fine. After a while, my phone no was still not activated, and I thought the method didn't work. However, after about five minutes, my phone no was activated. I thought my problem was solved. However, when I tried sending iMessage to somebody with iOS5, it didn't turn blue, and sent still as SMS. So, I tried the +011 steps here:
    [Tutorial] How to activate iMessage/FaceTime officially on T-Mobile US (using phone #)
    But it still didn't work. In fact, the phone no was not activated, even after waiting for half an hour
    4) So, I tried deleting +011 nos, ie undid all in Step3, so that I can at least get the phone no activated like earlier in step3. However, after deleting the +011 nos, the phone no was not able to be activated
    5) I tried step 3 again, but this time, instead of exit code +011, I put +00 since I'm from Malaysia. Still doesn't work. Hope somebody can help me with this

Thank you in advance
    Regards,

Update 24/3/2012:
    Finally got my imessage & facetime to work on my phone no. Here's what I did (continue from step 5 above):
    6) Earlier, at Settings> Phone> My number: Unknown. So, I used an old Samsung phone to edit the number in the SIM to my own number. After that, at settings, my number now appears. I put the international dialing code at the front. Since I'm from Malaysia, I put +60
    7) I deleted the 00, in the +0044 numbers, ie undid all Step 5.
    Rebooted, and it finally work.
    So, in summary, I think, SAM was sufficient to achieve this. The +011 step was not necessary. Earlier, at step 3, when I first got my imessage to activate, & when I failed to send an imessage, I think it's because the other person's iphone was off or imessage not on. I should have tried with a few people. However, I'm not sure if step 5 helped or not too
    Last edited by emy_77; 03-23-2012 at 05:34 PM. Reason: finally got imessage & facetime to work on phone no!