+ Reply
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: fix mms error t-mobile unlocked NOT jailbroken

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Nvm.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nvm.
    Last edited by SimplySTIG; 04-07-2012 at 12:20 AM.

Thanks

many pics added to original post for clarity.hope this helps answer a lot of questions.
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button

Thanks

Default mms fix for iphone 4 & 4s
    Hello to all..
    I'm new posting to this site,.. Iv'e been reading this site for a while and i've followed the plist configurations for mms fix for iphone 4 and have succsessfully configured them, but was curious to try on the 4s. Today I managed to do so on one with your very helpfull info with the same great results. Thanks westc0ast!

And adding to my last post,.. the phone is JB.
    Last edited by mustangfrnk; 04-13-2012 at 09:10 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustangfrnk View Post
    Hello to all..
    I'm new posting to this site,.. Iv'e been reading this site for a while and i've followed the plist configurations for mms fix for iphone 4 and have succsessfully configured them, but was curious to try on the 4s. Today I managed to do so on one with your very helpfull info with the same great results. Thanks westc0ast!

And adding to my last post,.. the phone is JB.
    You are very welcome. Glad it worked.
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cool Worked like a charm!
    I'd like to give my confirmation that this works very well. The only thing is it wouldn't let me access the mms override script at first. I rebooted my computer and was able to access the mms override script. I followed the rest of the instructions and I'm now receiving mms messages. I paid for the full version iBackupBot. Thank you!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Worked perfectly on 3GS, iOS 5.1, freshly unlocked by AT&T.

Thank you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thank you for the information. It works great when you follow the instructions. When you don't it is a little more of a problem. So..... Just do it right it works.
    I have a factory unlocked iPhone 4s on T-Mobile pay as you go plan. We use wi-fi and a hot spot.
    I tried the Apple Store, they said it is T-Mobiles problem. I tried T-Mobile, the young man was very helpful, but did not know how to fix it.
    This works I am very happy! Thanks again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by c1if4ord View Post
    Thank you for the information. It works great when you follow the instructions. When you don't it is a little more of a problem. So..... Just do it right it works.
    I have a factory unlocked iPhone 4s on T-Mobile pay as you go plan. We use wi-fi and a hot spot.
    I tried the Apple Store, they said it is T-Mobiles problem. I tried T-Mobile, the young man was very helpful, but did not know how to fix it.
    This works I am very happy! Thanks again.
    Cool. You think you could report back in a couple days to let us know if it still works. We have a lot of reports of this not working on 4s after reboot and SMS not working.
    By the way what color is your 4s?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by westc0ast View Post
    Cool. You think you could report back in a couple days to let us know if it still works. We have a lot of reports of this not working on 4s after reboot and SMS not working.
    By the way what color is your 4s?
    Yes I will keep in touch either way it goes. I am having some friends send picture from the other carriers to make sure they all work. It is my wife's 4s...it is black with a glitter case???? Mine is a unlocked, jail broken 3gs stuck in version 4.3.3 (8J2) modem Firmware 06.15.00 and wondering if there is an unlock and jail break for ios 5.1 yet that you might recommend? Thanks again, I'll keep in touch.
    Cliff

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    for my ihpnoe 4s os5.1/r-sim111/ it was ok for one week, after that again the same steps, call t-mobile, and I cannot make it work now. I'm able to receive sms,/ mms, but not to send,; anybody has some advise or the same situation?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ujas View Post
    for my ihpnoe 4s os5.1/r-sim111/ it was ok for one week, after that again the same steps, call t-mobile, and I cannot make it work now. I'm able to receive sms,/ mms, but not to send,; anybody has some advise or the same situation?
    To get it working you used the mms_override trick?
    After it stopped working you tried the trick again and It didn't work?
    Is that correct?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    yes I did step by step once again, I even restored the software/ in general/settings/network/celular data/ I don't even have that options to manual input the apn info,
    my phone is color black/16
    it stopped working today after a reboot.

Thanks

Not sure if it's an r-sim issue but I'd try this Temp FIX for Message Send Failure on iPhone 4s 5.1 Gevey

Thanks

Just got some info about old sims and network settings tab missing.
    And this Mms apn working
    APN: wap.cingular
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    Give it a try.
    Last edited by westc0ast; 05-04-2012 at 09:52 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Westcoast, maybe you can help? I receive sms no problem always. had trouble sending sms until i tried unlockit.co.nz/
    I was not able to get mms to work until i tried ibackubot. (i can not see my data network settings tab on in General-Network) i changed the
    mms_override.plist settings you suggested and it worked, but knocked out my outgoing sms settings. Then when i reset sms via unlockit.co.nz/ it knocks out my mms settings again. Are there any other settings in ibackubot i can edit that can perhaps reconfigure my sms and mms at same time to work together? any other suggestions? white iphone 4s, 5.1, 2.0.10, gevey ultra sim previously w/ At&t.
    Thank you in advance for your time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hugotheboss View Post
    Westcoast, maybe you can help? I receive sms no problem always. had trouble sending sms until i tried unlockit.co.nz/
    I was not able to get mms to work until i tried ibackubot. (i can not see my data network settings tab on in General-Network) i changed the
    mms_override.plist settings you suggested and it worked, but knocked out my outgoing sms settings. Then when i reset sms via unlockit.co.nz/ it knocks out my mms settings again. Are there any other settings in ibackubot i can edit that can perhaps reconfigure my sms and mms at same time to work together? any other suggestions? white iphone 4s, 5.1, 2.0.10, gevey ultra sim previously w/ At&t.
    Thank you in advance for your time.
    White iPhone are a known problem even with legit AT&T,Verizon ,and sprint service. But do you know if your sim is old,did you cut it?
    I've been told that the old sims(not sure how old)don't bring up the network settings tab on the 4s properly.
    I called tmo and made them give me a new micro sim free. They wanted to charge me but I insisted it be given to me free because I needed it for an iPhone that my old sim did not fit into.they easily did.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by westc0ast View Post
    White iPhone are a known problem even with legit AT&T,Verizon ,and sprint service. But do you know if your sim is old,did you cut it?
    I've been told that the old sims(not sure how old)don't bring up the network settings tab on the 4s properly.
    I called tmo and made them give me a new micro sim free. They wanted to charge me but I insisted it be given to me free because I needed it for an iPhone that my old sim did not fit into.they easily did.
    Thanks, It is a brand new micro sim purchased from tmobile last week unfort. Miraculously, both sms and mms are now working on my phone! i have no clue if it was the settings i changed in ibackupbot: "library/preferences/com.apple.mms_override.plist" as well as the "systemconfiguration/preferences.plist"
    or that if changing the profile via unlockit.co/nz and following the specific directions on how to properly eject sim, power down, power up and insert sim. one of the two things i did worked, now if only i could say for sure is another thing all together. I will try again tonight to verify which it is.

Thanks

Cool. Cross your fingers and get back to us and let us know what's up.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to westc0ast For This Useful Post:

hugotheboss (05-04-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I've had this problem since my jailbroken/unlocked iPhone 3G. I was able to send picture messages, but not able to receive them. Ever since I got my uncle's At&t iPhone 4 unlocked "legally" without jailbreaking it, I wasn't sure how to fix it because most solutions had to deal with Cydia.

I was a little bit sketchy about changing the code on my iPhone, but I figured, why the hell not?

I have the AT&T unlocked iPhone 4 with iOS 5.1 and modem firmware 4.12.01. I also have Windows 7 and the latest version of iTunes.

The solution worked perfectly and now I'm able to enjoy picture messages! Thank you so much!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gherbosa View Post
    THANK YOU SO MUCH. I've had this problem since my jailbroken/unlocked iPhone 3G. I was able to send picture messages, but not able to receive them. Ever since I got my uncle's At&t iPhone 4 unlocked "legally" without jailbreaking it, I wasn't sure how to fix it because most solutions had to deal with Cydia.

I was a little bit sketchy about changing the code on my iPhone, but I figured, why the hell not?

I have the AT&T unlocked iPhone 4 with iOS 5.1 and modem firmware 4.12.01. I also have Windows 7 and the latest version of iTunes.

The solution worked perfectly and now I'm able to enjoy picture messages! Thank you so much!
    I'm very happy to hear that. Just remember you might have to resend now and then but all in all should work good.

+ Reply
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)