+ Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: fix mms error t-mobile unlocked NOT jailbroken

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I'm considering upgrading now... but, worried about the mms issues w/T-Mobile.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Does this still work with iOS 5? Anybody had any issues?
    I'm considering upgrading now... but, worried about the mms issues w/T-Mobile.

Thanks

i'll give it a try soon and report back.
    update:it works!!!
    Last edited by westc0ast; 10-15-2011 at 11:46 PM.
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Thanks!
    I'll hold off on an update a bit. Wish T-Mobile would support a little bit more... no dice.

Thanks

It works! just backup before upgrading to ios5(custom firmware to preserve baseband)then follow 1st post exactly.it worked perfect.
    Last edited by westc0ast; 10-15-2011 at 11:52 PM.
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westc0ast View Post
    It works! just backup before upgrading to ios5(custom firmware to preserve baseband)then follow 1st post exactly.it worked perfect.
    Okay - downloading now... I'll backup using your same protocols.

Thanks

just make sure you DONT update baseband all is good!
    i used Redsn0w 0.9.9b5.many tuts all over web.redmondpie
    Last edited by westc0ast; 10-16-2011 at 02:37 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westc0ast View Post
    just make sure you DONT update baseband all is good!
    i used Redsn0w 0.9.9b5.many tuts all over web.redmondpie
    Simply could not get it to work.

Thanks

Did you get it updated to ios5 with preserved baseband?did you follow the redmondpie tut?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It worked for me for a little while and then out of nowhere it just stopped working. Really weird. And really annoying. I'm on iOS 5 w/ preserved BB. I'm going to try the whole process again soon.

Thanks

Make sure your settings are correct in
    Settings/general/network/cellular data network/
    And you can make a backup and just check it with ibackupbot. To see if the com.apple file is ok or not before you continue trouble shooting

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Both the plist and the data network settings were correct. I ended up resetting the network settings, which cleared the plist, and began anew. After backing up from iBackupbot, several network settings were automatically filled in:MMSC, MMS Proxy, MMS Max Message Size, and MMS UA Prof URL. I cleared the MMS Max Message Size and things are working now. Hopefully it continues to work. Like I said, its really strange because everything was working properly before.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jakspro View Post
    Both the plist and the data network settings were correct. I ended up resetting the network settings, which cleared the plist, and began anew. After backing up from iBackupbot, several network settings were automatically filled in:MMSC, MMS Proxy, MMS Max Message Size, and MMS UA Prof URL. I cleared the MMS Max Message Size and things are working now. Hopefully it continues to work. Like I said, its really strange because everything was working properly before.
    Well I'm glad things are working now.

Hey Westc0ast please help me out,
    I have an iphone 4 ios5 baseband 04.10.01, Im using it on Tmobile thru gevey unlock, My phone is not Jailbroken!

When i updated to the ios5, i input the settings like this
    APN: internet2.voicestream.com
    MMS: wap.voicestream.com
    MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MaxMessageSize: 1048576
    Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

But when receiving a mms from someone else I would get the "The media content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction." error, I then tryed other settings and this kept happeneing, although i was able to send pics, i couldnt receive them, then i stumbled on this forum and i tryed what u stated in ur first post

I backed up my current state, download ibackupbot, loaded up my backup went to to Library/Pref/com.apple.mms_override.plist and deleted what was currently in it and paste what u put on ur first post..then i saved it and from ibackupbot i restored my iphone? is that what ur suppsose to do, or are u suppose to save it and restore it from itunes,

when the phone rebooted i went into settings..general..cellular data network and the stuff was filled out but in ur post u said to put this
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size:
    MMS UA Prof URL:

so i deleted all the fields and put that info in, tryed to send message and receive and it didnt work...Can you please help me out? what am i doing wrong, how should i do this process.. Please help i really wannt mms

Should I clear all the settings from the mms area before i backup and edit thru ibackupbot?
    Can u Please post what I should have under Library/Pref/com.apple.mms_override.plist?

Any settings I put i keep getting that error msg please help!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hey Westc0ast please help me out,
    I have an iphone 4 ios5 baseband 04.10.01, Im using it on Tmobile thru gevey unlock, My phone is not Jailbroken!

When i updated to the ios5, i input the settings like this
    APN: internet2.voicestream.com
    MMS: wap.voicestream.com
    MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MaxMessageSize: 1048576
    Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

But when receiving a mms from someone else I would get the "The media content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction." error, I then tryed other settings and this kept happeneing, although i was able to send pics, i couldnt receive them, then i stumbled on this forum and i tryed what u stated in ur first post

I backed up my current state, download ibackupbot, loaded up my backup went to to Library/Pref/com.apple.mms_override.plist and deleted what was currently in it and paste what u put on ur first post..then i saved it and from ibackupbot i restored my iphone? is that what ur suppsose to do, or are u suppose to save it and restore it from itunes,

when the phone rebooted i went into settings..general..cellular data network and the stuff was filled out but in ur post u said to put this
    Username:
    Password:
    MMS Max Message Size:
    MMS UA Prof URL:

so i deleted all the fields and put that info in, tryed to send message and receive and it didnt work...Can you please help me out? what am i doing wrong, how should i do this process.. Please help i really wannt mms

Should I clear all the settings from the mms area before i backup and edit thru ibackupbot?
    Can u Please post what I should have under Library/Pref/com.apple.mms_override.plist?

Any settings I put i keep getting that error msg please help!!!!
    It sounds like you did it all correctly. If when you went to Cellulat data network it was already filled out that's good. Ony thing different should have been blank apn I think. But any way.
    Just make sure 3G is off, data roaming is ON, and recheck every little letter in all the settings you manually input.
    Also try wap.voicestream.com for apn.
    http://modmyi.com/attachments/forums/t-mobile/550926d1318888469-fix-mms-error-t-mobile-unlocked-not-jailbroken-menubar.jpg
    Last edited by westc0ast; 10-20-2011 at 12:35 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Factory Unlocked
    Hello,

I have iPhone 4 Factory Unlocked. On tmobile. Version 5.0. Firmware 4.11.08. IOS 5. Will the MMS settings work for this?

Thanks so much!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcor1 View Post
    Hello,

I have iPhone 4 Factory Unlocked. On tmobile. Version 5.0. Firmware 4.11.08. IOS 5. Will the MMS settings work for this?

Thanks so much!
    Yes

Ok I am going to retry it, couple of questions

1)Should I clear (reset settings under the cellular data network) then backup? and edit the plist file?
    2) Can you paste the custom plist here again just to make sure that it is the correct one?
    3) I press save and I restore from ibackupboot correct? not itunes right?
    4) When my phone boots up should i keep the settings that are inputed under cellular data network? or input these settings
    Username:
    Password:
    MMS Max Message Size:
    MMS UA Prof URL:

Thanks for your help, if it works you will be a life saver!! also have u fixed imessage and facetime on ur iphone 4 ios5??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Ok I am going to retry it, couple of questions

1)Should I clear (reset settings under the cellular data network) then backup? and edit the plist file?
    2) Can you paste the custom plist here again just to make sure that it is the correct one?
    3) I press save and I restore from ibackupboot correct? not itunes right?
    4) When my phone boots up should i keep the settings that are inputed under cellular data network? or input these settings
    Username:
    Password:
    MMS Max Message Size:
    MMS UA Prof URL:

Thanks for your help, if it works you will be a life saver!! also have u fixed imessage and facetime on ur iphone 4 ios5??
    1.dont think I've ever done that.
    2.no sorry at work no computer I'm on my phone.
    3.doesnt matter I've done it both ways with same results but ibot is just faster cuzz your already there.
    4.if I'm correct the setting are good except
    For the apn? Not sure... Can you post here what setting are there right after boot. Please
    Yes FaceTime IMessage working
    http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/784024-working-facetime-imessage-gevey-unlocked-no-jailbreak-new-post.html
    Last edited by westc0ast; 10-20-2011 at 03:19 PM.

No Luck redid everything and now when i try sending a pic msg it gives me a error halfway with that exclamation point
    here is what was in the settings when i rebooted

fix mms error t-mobile unlocked NOT jailbroken-photo.png

Any other Ideas? this is really irritating me, I really need to figure this out
    thanks for ur help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fix mms error t-mobile unlocked NOT jailbroken-download.png  
    Last edited by [email protected]; 10-20-2011 at 07:05 PM.

Thanks

make sure your com.apple.mms.override.plist file looks like the good code before and after you restore
    good code
    fix mms error t-mobile unlocked NOT jailbroken-good-code.jpg
    bad code
    fix mms error t-mobile unlocked NOT jailbroken-bad-code.jpg

LinkBacks (?)