+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gevey Ultra No Service

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, I bought a legit Gevey Ultra from Applenberry, tried it with my SIM and it didn't work. It went from Searching.... to No Service. (I get the Welcome Screen,
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Gevey Ultra No Service
    Hi,

I bought a legit Gevey Ultra from Applenberry, tried it with my SIM and it didn't work. It went from Searching.... to No Service. (I get the Welcome Screen, SIM Application, Instructions, and everything!)

I thought the issue was my SIM card so I went to TMobile and got a brand new SIM, cut it EXACTLY as the layout sticker and it fits PERFECTLY into my Gevey Ultra (and I mean perfectly). The same issue happens, I follow the instructions, it does everything correctly but in the end, it goes from 1 signal bar to searching... to No Service.

When I go into Carrier, I can't find any Carriers (I know I have AT&T and TMobile signal because my family members can access them both, we are on different plans). I've tried restoring my phone and setting as NEW PHONE. I've also tried the furiousMod and nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

(When I put the SIM in alone without Gevey, I get 1 signal bar for emergencies so I know the SIM is working fine)
    VinhSon Nguyen
    Motion Graphics Designer

If I helped you in any way, please don't hesitate to click the "Thanks" button!

Green Apple
    Thanks

UPDATE: The Gevey Ultra works if I use it on a different iPhone 4. If I put it in mine, it says No Service. I've tried restoring to stock MANY times...maybe it's a newer model of the i4.
    VinhSon Nguyen
    Motion Graphics Designer

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Are you using the manual method? Or automatic via furiousmod?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I tried both, automatic via furiousmod AND manual and it didn't work. It seems to be a antenna issue because when I put a valid AT&T sim card in, it doesn't even pick up signal but it does with another iPhone 4. I ended up going back to Apple, showing them it doesnt work regardless on SIM. They tested it with a AT&T sim card and it didn't work, so they replaced it free.
    VinhSon Nguyen
    Motion Graphics Designer

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VinhSonNguyen View Post
    I tried both, automatic via furiousmod AND manual and it didn't work. It seems to be a antenna issue because when I put a valid AT&T sim card in, it doesn't even pick up signal but it does with another iPhone 4. I ended up going back to Apple, showing them it doesnt work regardless on SIM. They tested it with a AT&T sim card and it didn't work, so they replaced it free.
    You don't happen to have ultrasn0w installed in cydia? And mobile substrate?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default same problem
    Hi Guys, I have same problem exactlly.
    Is there any one who can help me?

Thanks

did you go to
    settings/phone/sim applications
    and them go to instructions?
    i have to do this every time to get the initial 1 bar before dialing 112
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if any of you still need help with the gevey sim just inbox me, I know about it all as I am currently using one with my iPhone 4 on tmobile!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    My customer upgraded to unjailbroken 4.3.5 and it worked seamlessly after I had tried for an hour. I have never issues before, but this fixed the problem on this one.
    What do you mean by "this"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am having the same exact problem as this please messge me if anyone got it to work without going to apple for replacement. Otherwise I will go there tomorrow and hopefully have them replace it. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should tell them?

Thanks

I had this issue actually yesterday! I ended up upgrading the firmware to 4.3.5 from iTunes and then had an old AT&T SIM card laying around that I cut to fit in the micro slot (I believe prepaid AT&T SIM works as well) so that way I could get past the activation screen on the phone and then insereted my T-Mobile mircro SIM with the Gevey and it worked like a charm. I went to the T-Mobile store to get the micro SIM so I only had to notch the corner that's it.

Also one thing I did different was turned off the 3G on the phone before doing the Gevey SIM instructions.
    Last edited by BoisePunk22; 09-30-2011 at 12:09 PM.
    If I helped you hit the "Thanks"!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had the same problem, I had to uninstall ultra snow and restart the phone and that fixed it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's supposed to say "No Service" instead of the 1 signal bar when you accept the welcome message. This is the only change to using Gevey on iOS5. After you see "No Service", you dial 112 and follow the rest of the normal steps. It works

Thanks

i was having the same issues so i strted looking around and found a repo that gave allowed me to download a previous version of furiousmod and it worked removed sim popped in gevey and sim and turned on i never got a welcome screen from gevey i just let it do its work and in like a minute or so it gives me signal. :-)
    iphone 4 4.3.3 jailbroken/unlocked, ipad 4.3.2 jailbroken, ipod touch 2g 3.1.2. jailbroken, iphone 3g 3.1.3 jailbroken/unlocked, macbook osx 10.6.8

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VinhSonNguyen View Post
    What made it get no signal for you? it's happening to me ,since I got my screen and digitizer changed
    Last edited by Cmds187; 11-15-2011 at 02:47 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It happened to me 4.3.5 iPhone 4 gevey ultra I had to manually add APN settings and turn on data roaming once I did that bam works perfect reboot everything works I think I still have link for tmobile I will post it if you need it

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Post please

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

[QUOTE=VinhSonNguyen;6129545]Hi,

I bought a legit Gevey Ultra from Applenberry, tried it with my SIM and it didn't work. It went from Searching.... to No Service. (I get the Welcome Screen, SIM Application, Instructions,

Here I a link for APN settings tmobile

http://applenberry.com/store/apn.html

Here is the link for APN settings you have to put them in after unlock

http://applenberry.com/store/apn.html
    Scroll down to tmobile there is a iPhone configuration utility as well you can use I'll try and link it to you let me know if you want it This the utility link

http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=search&src=support_site.home.search&loc ale=en_US&q=iPhone%20configuration%20utility
    Last edited by Yosemitysam10; 11-19-2011 at 06:02 PM.