Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I need a "no service solution"

Default I need a "no service solution"
    I have an iphone 3g. It was set at 4.2.1 and the modemband is 6.15 (if that is important)

Well I am not getting service. I insert the sim and it searches and says no service. When I go to settings and check the carrier automatic is checked and manual is not there as an option. (it is on my other iphone)

What am I missing???? What is the solution????? Somebody heeeellllppp me please!!!! No talk..... No text...... I am miserable!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetlady712 View Post
    I have an iphone 3g. It was set at 4.2.1 and the modemband is 6.15 (if that is important)

Well I am not getting service. I insert the sim and it searches and says no service. When I go to settings and check the carrier automatic is checked and manual is not there as an option. (it is on my other iphone)

What am I missing???? What is the solution????? Somebody heeeellllppp me please!!!! No talk..... No text...... I am miserable!!!!
    You need to jailbreak via redsn0w. Then unlock by ultrasn0w
    If I helped thank me!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dvn821 For This Useful Post:

sweetlady712 (06-16-2011)

Thanks,

But I am a complete idiot when it comes to this, can I do this straight from the phone??? If so, where do I go, to Cydia??? I already have that installed on the phone...

Also, I was told that I have to purchase an activation sim card. But I thought that was only for when you need to get it out of activation mode...

Can you walk me through this? I am afraid I am going to mess things up further and I have been without my phone for more than a month stuck using a Motorola Razr (UGH!!!)

Go to Cydia, go to search and look up ultrasn0w then download.
    If I helped thank me!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetlady712 View Post
    But I am a complete idiot when it comes to this,
    you will need about 2 hours of Youtube research... we can't really walk step by step here. 6.15 seem to be unlock.

Sn0wbreeze 2.2 For Windows: iOS 4.2.1 Untethered Jailbreak For iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch Released; Fixes iBooks Problem – iPhone Hacks

or

iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak and Unlock Your iPhone 3G Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.2.1]

good luck. and Reseach & Read!!
    Are You Not Entertained! Are You Not Entertained! Is this not why you are HERE!!!!"