Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocked 3G AT&T Roaming Issues

Default Unlocked 3G AT&T Roaming Issues
    Hello-

I recently unlocked an iPhone 3G and had it up and running on tmobile with no problem. I work in a rural area where I roam on the AT&T network and when I got out here, I could sms and place calls but the data services do not work. I tried all the APNs and they would only work half of the time.

Normally, I would chalk this up to low coverage, but I had a Blackberry Curve days before and whenever it would switch over to roaming it would work perfectly (like it did when I was on the tmobile network). I just want to know if anyone out there knows why this is. I guess I could just use my blackberry at work and my iphone at home, but I kind of want to use the iPhone all the time.

Please let me know if anyone else has had these problems when roaming on the AT&T network with an unlocked for tmobile iPhone.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If you're running an AT&T phone... unlocked for T-Mobile... with T-Mobile APN's... running on AT&T's network while roaming... then you won't get data unless you put AT&T APN settings back in the phone... or possibly do a reset network settings and tha will put them back to stock AT&T.

Thanks for the reply. It's been driving me nuts. Do you know if the AT&T settings can be saved to the phone as a profile that I can use when I'm roaming or will I have to manually enter them every day?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Probably manually..