Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
06-07-2011, 12:38 PM #1Iphone 4 MMS still not working with several methods used
Hey there... Hope someone can help me!
I have an iPhone 4, OS 4.3.3, BaseB 4.10.01, unlocked w Gevey sim. I have Tmobile as my carrier.
The phone works fine as far as typical phone usage goes (calls rcv/send, internet surfing, playing, etc.) The MMS with photos attached, whether sent or received within a message do not work. Standard messages with plain text only work PERFECTLY FINE. Picture/video msgs DO NOT.
Here is what i tried in the course of a couple hours (yea sucks):
1. Restored phone, input APN MMS settings normally since Gevey allows u(either epc.tmobile, wap.voicestream,
internet2.voicestream, using servlets info, or the > FAIL
2. Jailbroken with Pwnage Tool >Cydia> Source added> LeiMobile> "Tmobile MMS Fix" > input APN MMS settings > FAIL
3. Cydia > Source added >cydia.hackulus> "T-mobile MMS" > FAIL
4. Cydia >Source added > cydia.pushfix.info>"T-Mobile MMS fix" > FAIL
5. Cydia > Source Added >bigboss> Tmobile US Carrier > FAIL
6. SSH Manually Into Phone > edit/replace "com.apple.mms_override.plist > with what is mentioned on 1st post by OP.
(I had found these settings elsewhere too) >FAIL
-- 3G is off & Roaming On for MMS
.... what is there left to do?
I have a iPhone 3GS personally and have applied the same settings on it (epc.tmobile APN with Tmobile Fix and works!),
but the iPhone 4 wont
Anymore suggestions? Please let me know. Before asking questions I research so I dont bug you guys
Is the phone functional with an ATT sim card when sending photos? ...YES.
So the phone is not defective. It is simply a settings issue, but I have exhausted options and googling.
Last edited by playboyjenna; 06-20-2011 at 06:03 PM.
06-08-2011, 01:17 PM #2
1. Go into Cydia and add cydia.pushfix.info
2. go into setting and reset network setting
3. Make sure "Cellular data" and "Data roaming" are on
4. go back into cydia and install T-Mobile US MMS Fix in "cydia.pushfix.info"
6. setting > network > type in "wap.voicestream.com" for the MMS APN field
found this method on the msgboard here, it works for me every time on 4 different iphone 4s'
06-09-2011, 02:32 PM #3
06-16-2011, 09:15 AM #4
Download Bby Scroopy's package off Cydia.If I helped thank me!
The Following User Says Thank You to dvn821 For This Useful Post:
06-17-2011, 07:45 PM #5
What do you see when you go into Settings > Messages ?
06-20-2011, 05:56 PM #6
epc, the wapvoicestream, settings and neither worked.
"Show Preview" >ON
"Play Alert Tone"> Once
"MMS Messaging" > ON
"Show Subject Field">OFF
"Character Count" > OFF
If you're wondering about the media icon appearing it does.
Another thing I did is get another Gevey Sim. The "Gevey Sim Pro" and
it still not receiving/sending picture messages.
Hey What source is it off of?
Last edited by playboyjenna; 06-20-2011 at 06:05 PM.
07-02-2011, 01:41 AM #7
You should look at the stickies. Fix MMS, Internet & Activate FaceTime iPhone 4 on US Carriers. TMobile, SimpleMobile.If I helped thank me!