+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gevey sim unlock- What version of iOS should I restore my iphone 4 to?

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Just bought an iphone 4, it came with ios 4.1 with baseband 2.10. I also bought a, presumably, fake gevey (original, not pro) sim off ebay for $7. The sim
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Gevey sim unlock- What version of iOS should I restore my iphone 4 to?
    Just bought an iphone 4, it came with ios 4.1 with baseband 2.10. I also bought a, presumably, fake gevey (original, not pro) sim off ebay for $7. The sim says it unlocks all basebands. Should I just restore to ios 4.3.3? Is there any negatives to doing this? (I would prefer to updated to the latest software because realistically I'm probably never going to update the software again - it's just too much of a hassle having to set everything back up again, redownload cydia apps, etc).

Thanks

try to preserver the baseband I say. The ip4 i have BB 4.10.1 and gevery is ok and i'm on iOS 4.3.2.

sorry not sure about the "pro's & con's" better be safe a stay a few version back. also the WDC thing next week iOS5 should be out soon..etc.. so you might have this question in a few months also.
    Are You Not Entertained! Are You Not Entertained! Is this not why you are HERE!!!!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chessyang View Post
    try to preserver the baseband I say. The ip4 i have BB 4.10.1 and gevery is ok and i'm on iOS 4.3.2.

sorry not sure about the "pro's & con's" better be safe a stay a few version back. also the WDC thing next week iOS5 should be out soon..etc.. so you might have this question in a few months also.
    I was just going to do a custom restore and preserve the baseband, but the gevey thing said you can 't use custom firmware... I think I'm just going to update to ios 4.3.3 with BB 4.10 (I figure if another software unlock ever comes out, it'll most likely be for the newer BB anyways).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weaksos1 View Post
    but the gevey thing said you can 't use custom firmware...
    lolz did not know that. oh well i'm working on 4.3.2 with cydia BB 4.10.1 etc... but good luck and keep us posted.
    Are You Not Entertained! Are You Not Entertained! Is this not why you are HERE!!!!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chessyang View Post
    lolz did not know that. oh well i'm working on 4.3.2 with cydia BB 4.10.1 etc... but good luck and keep us posted.
    I updated last night and the gevey sim seems to be working fine (as far as I can tell).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iam on 4.3.3 custom baseband 3.10 and gavey works fine

Green Apple
    Thanks

4.3.3 with 4.10.1 gevey is working fine

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

FWIW, Sherif Hashim, one of the Dev-team members working on unlocking said on his Twitter, "I don't see a point in keeping 2.10 thu".

So there you have it. Just go to 4.10.01 and forget about trying to preserve 2.10.