Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gevey users- how often do you redo the unlock procedure?

Default Gevey users- how often do you redo the unlock procedure?
    I was googling another question, and ran across this:

The exact precedure must be followed everytime the device restart, lose reception for an extended period of time or move to another PLMN. In all situations the TMSI expires and has to be obtained again
    Singularity: [Updated]Unofficial Review: Gevey iPhone 4 SIM hack

I tend to lose reception all the time when I'm in a basement or at school (for a few hours). Will I need to redo the unlock process multiple times a day? ... To people using gevey- how often, on average, are you guys finding yourselves having to redo the process? (e.g. Few time a day? Once a day? Once a week?)

Thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I m using a Gevey for 23 days and only 2 times i had to do the unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderica View Post
    I m using a Gevey for 23 days and only 2 times i had to do the unlock.
    Thanks for the reply. That's not bad at all. Did you ever lose reception for more than an hour in that 23 days (outside of the 2nd time you had to do the unlock)?

yeah where i'm at my t-mobile signal is bad so i'm doing it to often. it's driving me crazy!

some morning if i don't put the phone next to a window it had to do the 112 on the way to work.
    Are You Not Entertained! Are You Not Entertained! Is this not why you are HERE!!!!"

once or twice a week... or if app require to reboot after isntall....

I do mine every time I reboot maybe twice a week. T-Mobile service is just not that good, I don't blame it on the Gevey Sim.
    If I helped thank me!

Twice a week is livable, I guess. It would be nice if there was a better unlock solution then this though (like ultrasn0w where you never have to do anything to get service again).

I agree! I love my gevey sim but it would be even better if I had a more permanent solution like a software unlock, I have to unlock about every month.

Twice a week! Yikes, that's disappointing news. I'll have to try it myself to see how bad it is, but twice a week I might as well stay with Android.

once every 3-4 weeks! If you loose your tmobile service you dont need to reboot!

Quote Originally Posted by zerolimit View Post
    once every 3-4 weeks! If you loose your tmobile service you dont need to reboot!
    But according to the quote in the OP, it appears that you have to redo the procedure if you lose service for a while (even if you don't reboot).