+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: itunes needs to check for an update to the carrier setting

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello I just got my iphone 3g i bought it jailbroken on ebay and it came with cydia on itunes when i plug it in i keep getting "itunes needs
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default itunes needs to check for an update to the carrier setting
    Hello I just got my iphone 3g i bought it jailbroken on ebay and it came with cydia on itunes when i plug it in i keep getting "itunes needs to check for an update to the carrier setting" how do i stop this msg from popping up also anyone know a way to get the find my iphone app to work ive read that the only way is to have a iphone 4 and then set up an account but i dont have any 4s nor ipads and would love to have that nifty feature incase my phone gets stolen

note:

tmobile prepaid

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,919 Posts

Do the carrier update and it'll go away? Carrier updates are usually harmless. But don't take my word for it Those popups won't go away as long as your phone isn't updated, that's all.

Find my iPhone will work so long as you are on iOS 4.2.1 and up, I believe. I don't think it is exclusive to iPhone 4. But you do have to use an iPhone 4 any other qualifying device to sign up first, then you can use it on the iPhone 3G with the same account you signed up with.

If that's not possible for you to do, there are some other alternatives in Cydia that would work. I can't remember what they are though, so perhaps browsing through Cydia will help you.