Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: t-mobile reception problems plz answer

Thanks

Default t-mobile reception problems plz answer
    T-Mobile 3gs Reception Probs
    I keep on losing connection when holding or like when i start my iphone up and dont open the lock screen it stays on no service or searching. Then when i put down on table or open lock screen after a power connectivity comes back. When my friends with 3g on 4.1 tmobile is in the same room gets 3 bars i get 1 or 0 because of me holding it. Sigh im on 4.2.1 bb6.15; jailbroken with greenposion after redsnow bb upgrade/and jb. then restored to custom ispw. Sigh sigh ... Reception sucks god damn
    anyone plz answer...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Have you tried a restore to custom fw already after this has happened? If so it might just be a flaw with that baseband.

Do you have 3g enabled? Under settings? I had the same problem but someone told me to turn off the 3G as the iphone does not recognize tmobiles 3g service. It works off wifi and edge. Its a drawback but still worth it in my book.

Thanks

i always leave 3g off. I might re- restore to cutom 4.2.1. all tell you what happens. so stay tuned

You can't restore to lower fw if on 6.15 bb

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If you have SHSH blobs saved, you can restore. No problems.

Did you reset network settings?
    Settings/General/Reset/Reset Network Settings

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You can restore fine to a lower fw with the iPad baseband so long that SHSHs are available. The baseband itself cannot be downgraded.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have a 3GS at home with the exact same problem. It constantly loses signal and can't get more than 1 bar or so. I only have t-mobile sim cards at home so I can't confirm weather it is a hardware or software fault. It also occasionally after being left off for a long time resorts to the connect to itunes screen whereas itunes will direct me to restore the iphone.

I have SHSH blobs for 4.2.1 and 4.3.3 and it is on the ipad baseband.

I have pretty much just written off this phone has I don't know what the issue is.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

In my area T-Mo is a bit weak. On the 3GS, 2-3 bars are normal, but an old Samsung cheapie is rock-solid.

Has your phone ever been repaired? During my last repair a side-bar grounding pin was forgotten and the single dropped to 0-1 bar.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah I believe mine has been repaired, given to me by a friend who worked at a cell phone repair store, he no longer is there now though. Is it possible my 3GS has the same or similar issue?

Also my iphone 4 (T-Mobile) next to it gets a solid 5 bars when the 3GS struggles to hold 1.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

That little-bitty gold-colored ground pin made a significant difference in my reception

Green Apple
    Thanks

I guess I will look at taking it apart sometime and seeing if I can fix it..

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

A nice shinny gold pin should be on the bottom side, attached to the dock connector and touching the outside silver rim.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

Diddyo (07-21-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Mess are you talking about a iPhone 4 , I just got mine repaired screen+digitizer now I lose service when am in buildings , I'd never had a problem always had great signal 4-5 bar Any where I went Do you know a (link) on how to replace the signal antenna I tried looking but can't find it on YouTube any help would be nice (thanks all) I fixed mine thanks
    Last edited by Cmds187; 12-04-2011 at 09:23 AM.

I'd love to know more about this itty-bitty gold pin! What is it called, where do you get it, how much does it cost, etc.