Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TMOBILE EDGE STOPPED WORKING. Help

Default TMOBILE EDGE STOPPED WORKING. Help
    Hi,

I have Iphone 3GS, baseband 6.15, OS 4.2. I had jailbroken and unlocked it pwnage/ultrasn0w and it has been working without any problems. All of a sudden, my phone says "No service" i restart the phone and get tmobile phone signal but no Edge. I've tried changing the APN settings, Ihave tried internet2.voicestream.com wap.voicestream.com epc.tmobile.com and nothing. Tried every combination of airplane mode, off on, reset, etc. Nothing.

I called tmobile and they reset some setting but still nothing.

Anyone have any suggestions?

You're not alone! I'm having the same issue. And this means we can't text either, because text doesn't use wifi unless you're using a different service to text. So we're not receiving texts right now either!

I just jailbroke again yesterday because I was having battery drainage issues (had to set up my phone as a new phone when restoring, NOT set it up from a backup), and everything was working fine yesterday. Woke up today to no EDGE and no texting!

Anyone have a fix for this?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macselite View Post
    You're not alone! I'm having the same issue. And this means we can't text either, because text doesn't use wifi unless you're using a different service to text. So we're not receiving texts right now either!

I just jailbroke again yesterday because I was having battery drainage issues (had to set up my phone as a new phone when restoring, NOT set it up from a backup), and everything was working fine yesterday. Woke up today to no EDGE and no texting!

Anyone have a fix for this?
    My cuzin just came over to show me the same thing no E for edge he has iPhone 4 gevey sim 4.2.1 bb 3.10.01 t.mobile

I am using an iPhone 4 w/ iOS 4.0 on T-Mobile - on June 10, 2011 my Edge data just stopped working - it had worked perfectly for about 6 months w/out any problems. I have spent a fair amount of time on the phone w/ T-Mobile upper-level tech support to no avail. Their support options are limiited to:
    1. make sure your APN setting says: epc.tmobile.com, Data Roaming is "on", and WiFi is "off"...
    2. they 'clear' you off their network on their end whilst you turn your iPhone off, then back on again...
    3. voila - it works againn - usually - for an hour or two - then it stops again, until you repeat the process!

Finally one of the tech support guys told me "...remember that you have a non-supportedd T-Mobile phone, so your solutions may be limited - we will try to help you as best we can, but we do not guarantee that the iPhone will work with our service... blah blah blah..." I think that absent the APN settings (which are not rocket science, and them 'clearing' you from their network temporarily, T-Mobile really has no other solutions to offer. I have found that IF you call - insist upon going to upper-level support, as the lower-level folks really have little clue, and I have gotten all sorts of interesting (aka: wrong) informationn from them over the years of ussing various iPhones.

very frustrating - in addition, I have tried usinng internet2.voicestream.com in the APN field (as one of the tech-support reps suggested) and it does not work (consistently) either.

Next I tried leaving it turned off for a whille - no luck

Next I tried re-seating the micro-sim card and cleaning it off / blowing out the sim port - no luck

This is a very strange 'all the sudden' type of problem - makes me wonder if one of the iOS files has spontaneously corrupted which deals with connecting/resolving to the Edge network... the only question now is whether to wait until next year when AT&T and T-Mobiile MERGE and maybe (maybe) the iPhone tech support will be better - or hell, just hop onto AT&T's 3G network... -or- switch to an Android phone and hop onto T-Mobile's 3G, or switch to AT&T altogether... nice to have options, but I sure love my iPhone (love it even more when it works!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This happened to me today as well and all I did was put it in Air Plane Mode and switch it back and my Edge started to work again. Also where are you all located at? I'm in the Philadelphia region.

EDIT: I'm using a iPhone 4 on 4.0.2 via 1.59.00 BB. My cellular data APN is: internet2.voicestream.com
    Last edited by angrydog; 06-15-2011 at 12:31 PM.

Usually a reboot and reinsertion of the sim card should gain back your Edge. If not download sbsettings and try to turn on Edge.
    If I helped thank me!

Not sure why you aren't getting data, but if you aren't seeing an "E" or an "O" next to the t-mobile in the upper left hand corner of your screen, then changing the APN will make no difference. You get an "E" or an "O" regardless of your APN settings - it will just take you to the t-mobile upsell website if you don't have the correct APN settings.

If the problem persists, maybe try to clean restore your phone (set it up as a new phone on itunes) and see if that works?
    Last edited by weaksos1; 06-18-2011 at 07:07 PM.

I had the same problems. Replacing my sim card fixed data for me.