+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TMobile Signal "No Service" Problem

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello, My unlocked 3G phone had been working absolutely fine on Tmobile for two years with no interruptions and within the last few weeks the signal just comes and goes.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default TMobile Signal "No Service" Problem
    Hello,

My unlocked 3G phone had been working absolutely fine on Tmobile for two years with no interruptions and within the last few weeks the signal just comes and goes. I will have a full signal then it begins to drop all the way down to "No Service". It seems to be a common problem but I haven't been able to find an absolute solution. I used someone's AT&T sim card and it did not seem to have any signal problems so I am assuming it is a software issue but I'm lost on what to do next.

Here are the current details:

Iphone 3G
    iOS 3.1.2
    Baseband 05.13.04

I forgot how I jailbroke (either Redsn0w or Sn0wbreeze)
    Unlocked with Ultrasn0w

3G is off and Roaming is on.

I have tried switching airplane mode on and off as well as reset network settings.

Has anyone experienced the same problems and been able to find a solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Searching then No Service bug
    Has anyone found a solution for this "no service" bug?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

reset network settings?

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KLL320 View Post
    ... It seems to be a common problem ...
    I'm a long-time T-Mobile user and never seen or heard of this before.

Hard to say what/where it is or coming from but likely an odd-ball app. Something could be interfering with ultrasn0w in some way. Either start removing stuff or start over while carefully monitoring what is installed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have reset network settings a few times.

I have tried an AT&T sim card and had a consistent signal.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Do you have an old tmobile sim? If so get a new one or try someones. Also try 4.2.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had an old Tmobile SIM that I was using for the first two years without any problems. I got a new SIM after I starting experiencing these problems. I also used an AT&T SIM that had a constant signal.

I didn't want to go to iOS 4 or higher since I thought it would slow my phone down since it is only a 3G. Do you think it would help?

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KLL320 View Post
    ..I didn't want to go to iOS 4 or higher since I thought it would slow my phone down since it is only a 3G. Do you think it would help?
    Sorry, but iOS 4.x or higher is not going to help and likely to make it worse

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

OK -- So I've been having the same problem for about a month now. I called T-Mobile and they suggested I upgrade my SIM card, which I did, but it didn't help at all. I thought it was because I used the "hacktivate" option when I recently upgrade to 4.3.3 but I was a little skeptical of that because the beginning of my signal problems didn't coincide with the same day that I upgrade the firmware of the device. Either way, I tried reinstalling everything using Pwnage Tool and my phone was working fine for several weeks. I thought I had fixed whatever was going on for good..

Well, here we are on May 5th and I've been dealing with this again now for about 3 days. I was thinking it might be a hardware problem but now that I'm seeing someone else with the same issue I am starting to think it might not be. I called T-mobile's support and they said I should change my data network APN from wap.voicestream.com to epc.tmobile.com, which I did, and then reset the phone as they suggested but that didn't help my data network or my voice network.

The strangest thing is that sometimes my phone works great.. but when I most need it it craps out and I can't make or receive calls, text messages, or data.. it's most frustrating because I'm still paying for full service and am getting like 50% service..

Any more thoughts.. have you had any luck KLL320??

Green Apple
    Thanks

my wife's 3gs is on 4.3.3 and having the exact same problems. it also just randomly reboots itself. please let me know if you figure anything out! i am going to try to wipe it and start over i think.

thanks,

Mike
    32gb 3gs
    ios 4.3.3

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Signal resets after every call, No signal
    hello to every one,
    I think Tmobile is playing game with all those who have unlocked iphone user.

I have had iphone since first generation of iphone with Tmoble. Recently I start to see my iphone to reset signal every time I make phone call, "I make call perfectly fine, when I end phone call, phose go to no signal and I have to wait till signal comes back. Another word, if I call to some and get person and leave message, if someone call right way, I wont know or I cant get phone call till signal is back to normal from no signal. If I need to make second call after one call I can't do till i have to get signal back, such a pain. It is doing on all my four iphones, from 3G, 3GS, and i4. same problem, all have different ios, 3.13. 4.01. and 4.2.1.
    the reason I am saying Tmobile, I live in Atlanta, GA and I am seing this on all my phone and all different ios. I change to new sim from Tmoble still same. When we were in Washington DC, all phone work absolutely fine, no problem with signal, soon we were back here, same issue No signal and signal reboot one call after another. I am getting sick of Tmoble and about get rid of them from my family plan....
    if any one has suggestion, pleaes wellcome.

PS: I have tryied everything what every one has suggested on this site, resetting, rebooting, changing new sim, and all different ios, and different iphone I am eger to find out about this issue.

Thanks
    Raj