+ Reply
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fix MMS, Internet & Activate FaceTime iPhone 4 on US Carriers. TMobile, SimpleMobile.

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
[QUOTE=Bby Scroopy;6007337] good glad to here it. and i do have a paypal email [email protected] or https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=A2SL8J2CBHMRL Done and thank you again. Dan <><

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rainkid View Post
    Same thing happened to me.
    Couldn't send MMS, couldn't receive MMS. After a few attempts to send, including reboots, the MMS icon disappeared. Cellular Data Settings disappeared. Facetime disappeared.

Sim removal, airplane mode, restarting, removing this Tmobile hack (I tried all 3) - nothing brings any of these functionality back. Carrier shows 'Not available' now, whereas it used to show Bby Scroopy.

This happened to me on 4.3.1, and now on 4.3.2.

As far as I know - there is no fix, but a reinstall of the phone's firmware.

------------

UPDATE: Unknown.bundle/ ended up losing Info.plist and carrier.plist. Restoring it from the original ipsw, then resettings network settings brought everything back. Carrier is now back to "Carrier Bundle 10.0". I am able to send and receive MMS using an old, functioning com.apple.mms_override.plist. Facetime functionaly was not lost somehow.

If you don't mind..

How did you restore the original ipsw?
    i don't have my shsh saved.. i need to install a clean OS back on the phone cuz the settings are crapped out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey dan or forum
    which package did you choose to make facetime work? i try all the packages except for simple mobile but facEtime keep waiting for activation. i follow bby scroopy procedure, i am be able to get mms work but not facetime. wat did i do wrong. please help thanks - my iphone is running 4.3.2 baseband 4.10.01 using gevey unlock
    Last edited by vumui; 04-28-2011 at 02:36 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bby Scroopy View Post
    no no no im sorry... i just separated the package into 4 thinking this would give ppl more freedom but there was a problem of linking to the custom bundle ill take those off

HEY btw this does not overwrite unknown.bundle so nothing of mine messed that up

and im going to release i4MMS again.
    check first post.

its up and running now

Hi Scroopy,

First and foremost - I want to thank you for your generosity in releasing your hard work to the general public.

For what it's worth - your T-Mobile Alternative #2 worked fine for me on 4.3.1 for about a week. Then one day, my MMS messages failed to come in. I rebooted a few times thinking it would fix it, but it didn't. I attempted to send some MMS but they failed. On my final attempt to send, not only did it fail, but I saw the MMS icon disappear. As stated in my previous message, nothing was able to bring it back.

I was itching to update to 4.3.2 anyway, so I didn't troubleshoot further. Once I updated, the same issue happened after 2 days. Of course, I had no desire to reload 4.3.2 yet again, so I poked around to see what's different between the files on my iPhone and a Pwnagetool-ed IPSW. That was when I discovered the two missing plists. I had no idea where they went, but restoring them did bring things back.

That said - is there a way to manually fix Facetime without any cydia packages? When I was on 4.2.1, I was able to get Facetime to activate just by repeated tries. I figured it might have been a permission or missing symlink somewhere. (Of course, this is your secret that you worked so hard to figure out, so I would absolutely understand if you choose not to divulge this information).

Again, thank you for your hard work and contribution!

Quote Originally Posted by sshaikh01 View Post
    If you don't mind..

How did you restore the original ipsw?
    i don't have my shsh saved.. i need to install a clean OS back on the phone cuz the settings are crapped out.
    Hi, I didn't restore to the 4.3.2 ipsw. I unpackaged the 4.3.2 ipsw, extracted the missing Unknown.bundle, copied the whole bundle to my iPhone.

If this is the process you are interested in:
    1. download the IPSW for your iOS version.
    2. download Pwnagetool for you iOS version.
    3. use Pwnagetool to make a custom ipsw. Why? Apple's ipsw files are encrypted. By making a custom ipsw using Pwnagetool, you have an unencypted ipsw.
    4. (Did the next steps on a Mac) rename the .ipsw extension from the custom ipsw file to .zip.
    5. unzip the package
    6. copied the largest dmg file to your destop (roughly 600+ MB)
    7. mount the dmg file
    8. navigate to /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone (your path might be different, depending on your iOS version).
    9. copy unknown.bundle to your iPhone via any way you know how (SSH, iPhoneBrowser, etc, etc)
    10. reset network setttings on your iphone. you'll be forced to reboot.

Again - I am not making any claims. I am merely stating this is how I was able to get my Carrier setting to revert back to "Carrier 10" (and I didn't lose my facetime activation in the process). Your mileage may vary.

Oh yes - I really want to stress to other forums members that if you are stuck in facetime activation - chances are, you installed one of the many MMS/facetime/carrierbundle/commcenter hacks. I found none of these to really help me in getting full functionality. Restoring to a fresh ipsw and loading Scroopy's deb(s) should get it all working for you.
    Last edited by rainkid; 04-28-2011 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is it only me? but when i donwload i4MMS my service completely goes away, and my sim card becomes unreadable. Is it interefering with ultrasnow? I am on iOS4.2.1 TMOBILE USA 01.59.00

I previouslly had facetime working but no MMS so i just tried out the newly released i4MMS but it just messed everything up... any help?

EDIT: i went to cydia and uninstalled i4MMS and i get my service back. This has happened to me twice already i even had to completely restore to make sure it was i4MMS that was making me lose service and i found out it is.

UPDATE: i finally got mms working and facetime, i guess scroopys instructions werent specific to me. Once i installed i4MMS cydia gives me the option to "REBOOT IPHONE" i ignored it and just pressed the home button instead. So i mantained my service and was able to access i4MMS... i followed the rest of the steps and it worked! I chose the first "T-Mobile" option as my settings and i can confirm that my MMS is working and Facetime is working. Thanks a lot scroopy!
    Last edited by Nasp30; 04-28-2011 at 08:24 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

My iphone 4 on 4.2.1 modem 1.59.00 doesn't work. when I goto setting it just crash. My next step restore and do fresh start

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hey man I really need your help,

I was previously on 4.0.2 with a T-Mobile iPhone 4, and I had internet2.voicestream.com in the Edge section of Cellular Data and it worked (edge, that is), although no matter what I did MMS did not work. Now I am on 4.3.2 unlocked and jailbroken T-Mobile iPhone 4, and I have installed your package and neither edge nor MMS work. I need edge DESPERATELY since I use it at my job everyday. What do I do to fix the egde? I have used all 4 of your T-Mobile packages, reset settings, then put into airplane mode, and none have worked. I appreciate the help in advance, as it is MUCH needed.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think the very first i4MMS worked best.. :-(

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I confirmed this WORKs with iphone 4 4.3.2 on T-Mobile! baseband 1.59.00!

For anyone who has problem with EDGE not working on 4.3.2, do this:

put in APN for tmobile in cellular data networking, then TAKE sim out and PUT it back in THEN reboot.

This solved the problem for me after an hour of trying all other methods!

Then install i4MMS, select the one with internet2.voicestream.com and wap.voicestream.com then turn on facetime, and in a few minutes, your facetime will be running
    iPhone 4 32GB. Jailbroken!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey. I everything worked fine. FaceTime and mms. Somehow out of nowhere springboard crashed and went into safe mode. Once out of safe mode FaceTime disappeared and cellular data network disappeared. Tried uninstalling i4mms and reinstalled cellular data network shows but once I installed the fix it disappears again please help thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Forgot to mention 1.59.00 with 4.2.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So,,.the new i4MMS is working with gevey sim users now or not? I(uses gevey sim as well in iOS 4.2.1) installed the alt pkg few days ago,,but it's not working,,even my APN setting is gone...

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a82320 View Post
    So,,.the new i4MMS is working with gevey sim users now or not? I(uses gevey sim as well in iOS 4.2.1) installed the alt pkg few days ago,,but it's not working,,even my APN setting is gone...
    it was originally made to work with gevey sim card and delete the alt package and install i4mms

for those with APN not sticking please look at first post
    Last edited by Bby Scroopy; 05-01-2011 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

I guess this is the problem I experience: Iphone 4 OS 4.2.1 baseband 1.59.00 unlock for t-mobile
    After install i4MMS and reboot. I do not get any signal then if I install the i4MMS fix then reboot I would get signal but after apply either package 1-5 goto setting then iphone crash in setting. I would not be able to goto setting screen. If I remove i4MMS fix then again will not get any signal for t-mobile. .. :-(

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How come I can't add the souce on cydia? Help!!!

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Richtang View Post
    How come I can't add the souce on cydia? Help!!!
    It's down again. That's one problem when individuals put up their own repos.
    Last edited by Mes; 05-01-2011 at 10:14 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

Richtang (05-01-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So are there any other ways to get FaceTime on iPhone? Do you know when will It be back again?? Thanks

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^Sorry, can't help. No choice but to wait.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

Richtang (05-01-2011)

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    It's down again. That's one problem when individuals put up their own repos.
    what are you talking about there has been nothing wrong with my repo. i make sure its running. like basic stuff here. i saw the guy post the comment and verified it was running from 3 locations wen i was at work