Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910 18 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 370

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Fix MMS, Internet & Activate FaceTime iPhone 4 on US Carriers. TMobile, SimpleMobile.

  1. #141
    iPhone? More like MyPhone beav626's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    263
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sshaikh01 View Post
    The facetime tab is gone, along with cellular data network..
    No clue how to bring them back.
    Try Toggling Airplane mode on and off

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by beav626 View Post
    Try Toggling Airplane mode on and off
    Simple eject & re-insertion of the sim card will do the trick.

  3. #143
    Toggled airplane on/off > nothing
    Took sim card out, reinserted > nothing
    Some more factory network resets (with and without sim) > nothing.

  4. #144
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I've tried this numerous times and the cellular data network tab does not display even after i install reboot fix. If there is a solution to this please let me know. Thank you!

  5. #145
    Default Facetime working
    I am on iOS 4.2.1 bootloader 01.59. So i finally got FACETIME to work but NOT MMS. After hours of trial and error i just decided to do a fresh restore of my iphone since i had a lot of cydia stuff installed. Then i tried to jaibreak with greenpoison but it wasnt working so i just inserted an ATT sim card to activate the phone, then i switched it back to my tmobile sim card (USA) and did the unlock process. Downloaded ultrasnow and then followed step by step what scroopy did. I downloaded Tmobile Alternate Package #2, rebooted, went back to cydia, downloaded Reboot Fix (so my cellular data network settings can be available), rebooted, went to my cellular data network settings, reset the settings twice, turned data roaming ON, enable 3G OFF, then turned airplane mode ON, waited til carrier dissapeared, turned airplane mode OFF, waited til i get back service, went to phone settings and my facetime was already ON (if its not ON then turn it ON).

    FACETIME WORKS! but for some reason my MMS doesnt work! HOW CAN I FIX MY MMS i dont wanna ruin the fact that i have facetime working.

  6. #146
    Green Apple ctangg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Nasp30 View Post
    I am on iOS 4.2.1 bootloader 01.59. So i finally got FACETIME to work but NOT MMS. After hours of trial and error i just decided to do a fresh restore of my iphone since i had a lot of cydia stuff installed. Then i tried to jaibreak with greenpoison but it wasnt working so i just inserted an ATT sim card to activate the phone, then i switched it back to my tmobile sim card (USA) and did the unlock process. Downloaded ultrasnow and then followed step by step what scroopy did. I downloaded Tmobile Alternate Package #2, rebooted, went back to cydia, downloaded Reboot Fix (so my cellular data network settings can be available), rebooted, went to my cellular data network settings, reset the settings twice, turned data roaming ON, enable 3G OFF, then turned airplane mode ON, waited til carrier dissapeared, turned airplane mode OFF, waited til i get back service, went to phone settings and my facetime was already ON (if its not ON then turn it ON).

    FACETIME WORKS! but for some reason my MMS doesnt work! HOW CAN I FIX MY MMS i dont wanna ruin the fact that i have facetime working.
    What i did was General > Reset > Reset Network Settings, the phone would reboot (keep in mind facetime will still be activated). and opend hte i4MMS icon picked my package agian, the phone would then do a respiring. After go back into Settings> General> Network> Cellular Data Network> reset (do this two times) and then test out mms by sending yourself a picture.
    "Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more."
    -- Mark Twain

  7. #147
    iPhone? More like MyPhone beav626's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    263
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Make sure that you have all other mms fixes removed or it will play havoc on scroopy;s stuff.

  8. #148
    Hi, Scroopy
    I have iphone4 4.3.2 BB 4.10.1 Gevey sim unlocked. Use your old i4MMS method to active my FaceTime. And I installed i4MMS fix.
    For some reason I did reboot my phone today. I thought I should lost FT this time. Because your new package couldn't work on Gevey unlocker.
    After reboot, I did Gevey unlock procedure and got Tmobile signal, I found out i4MMS web set up still on my spring board. I just follow the regular step, and I got my FaceTime again, so that mean start from now on. I don't need worry about to lost FT again after rebooting.
    Hopefully this would help you build up another package. Thanks for your support

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by qmgs View Post
    Hi, Scroopy
    I have iphone4 4.3.2 BB 4.10.1 Gevey sim unlocked. Use your old i4MMS method to active my FaceTime. And I installed i4MMS fix.
    For some reason I did reboot my phone today. I thought I should lost FT this time. Because your new package couldn't work on Gevey unlocker.
    After reboot, I did Gevey unlock procedure and got Tmobile signal, I found out i4MMS web set up still on my spring board. I just follow the regular step, and I got my FaceTime again, so that mean start from now on. I don't need worry about to lost FT again after rebooting.
    Hopefully this would help you build up another package. Thanks for your support
    Yeah he needs to undo the changes he did.

    JUST A NOTE.... DO NOT install the current i4mms.. It will F up your phone...

  10. #150
    Developer
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 27 Times in 17 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sshaikh01 View Post
    Yeah he needs to undo the changes he did.

    JUST A NOTE.... DO NOT install the current i4mms.. It will F up your phone...
    theres no i4mms out? and the packages i released by themselves due to peoples request so there ya have it. i want this perfect so im not releasing yet i will soon

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bby Scroopy For This Useful Post:

    salmo123 (04-26-2011)

  12. #151
    Source is not coming up with anything??? SITE DOWN???

  13. #152
    Still no I4MMS. Please release it.

  14. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by ctangg View Post
    What i did was General > Reset > Reset Network Settings, the phone would reboot (keep in mind facetime will still be activated). and opend hte i4MMS icon picked my package agian, the phone would then do a respiring. After go back into Settings> General> Network> Cellular Data Network> reset (do this two times) and then test out mms by sending yourself a picture.
    i have no i4MMS icon, because scroopy took it down before i even tried to do this. Like i said i did this by installing the t-mobile alternate settings from scroopy's source, and i did this after april 21 which is the day he took i4MMS out from his source. So yea i have no i4MMS icon on my screen, and i dont want to mess up the facetime for now. Do you have any other idea of what i can do to fix my MMS and maintain my Facetime at the same time? My facetime works fine, but still no mms. Thanks in advance.

  15. #154
    Green Apple ctangg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    guys, he said hes working on it and will not release it till it is stable. be patient
    "Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more."
    -- Mark Twain

  16. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by sshaikh01 View Post
    Toggled airplane on/off > nothing
    Took sim card out, reinserted > nothing
    Some more factory network resets (with and without sim) > nothing.
    Same thing happened to me.
    Couldn't send MMS, couldn't receive MMS. After a few attempts to send, including reboots, the MMS icon disappeared. Cellular Data Settings disappeared. Facetime disappeared.

    Sim removal, airplane mode, restarting, removing this Tmobile hack (I tried all 3) - nothing brings any of these functionality back. Carrier shows 'Not available' now, whereas it used to show Bby Scroopy.

    This happened to me on 4.3.1, and now on 4.3.2.

    As far as I know - there is no fix, but a reinstall of the phone's firmware.


    ------------

    UPDATE: Unknown.bundle/ ended up losing Info.plist and carrier.plist. Restoring it from the original ipsw, then resettings network settings brought everything back. Carrier is now back to "Carrier Bundle 10.0". I am able to send and receive MMS using an old, functioning com.apple.mms_override.plist. Facetime functionaly was not lost somehow.
    Last edited by rainkid; 04-28-2011 at 01:47 AM.

  17. #156
    Developer
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 27 Times in 17 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rainkid View Post
    Same thing happened to me.
    Couldn't send MMS, couldn't receive MMS. After a few attempts to send, including reboots, the MMS icon disappeared. Cellular Data Settings disappeared. Facetime disappeared.

    Sim removal, airplane mode, restarting, removing this Tmobile hack (I tried all 3) - nothing brings any of these functionality back. Carrier shows 'Not available' now, whereas it used to show Bby Scroopy.

    This happened to me on 4.3.1, and now on 4.3.2.

    As far as I know - there is no fix, but a reinstall of the phone's firmware.


    ------------

    UPDATE: Unknown.bundle/ ended up losing Info.plist and carrier.plist. Restoring it from the original ipsw, then resettings network settings brought everything back. Carrier is now back to "Carrier Bundle 10.0". I am able to send and receive MMS using an old, functioning com.apple.mms_override.plist. Facetime functionaly was not lost somehow.
    no no no im sorry... i just separated the package into 4 thinking this would give ppl more freedom but there was a problem of linking to the custom bundle ill take those off


    HEY btw this does not overwrite unknown.bundle so nothing of mine messed that up

    and im going to release i4MMS again.
    check first post.

    its up and running now
    Last edited by Bby Scroopy; 04-28-2011 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  18. #157
    downloaded, rebooted, chosen simple mobile, applied, respring, facetime waiting for activation..
    Last edited by stocis; 04-28-2011 at 06:46 AM.
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

  19. #158
    Developer
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 27 Times in 17 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by stocis View Post
    does it have to be tmobile? doesnt work for other countries?
    right now its just tmobile. trying to get it to work with someone in Swiss

  20. #159
    Default Finally got the correct settings
    Scroopy,

    Thank you for this. After upgrading/jailbreaking to IOS 4.3.2, could never get Facetime working on my factory unlocked iPhone4. Several "fixes" just boogered up the phone to the point of needing a complete restore. Not only did your fix work for everything (FT, MMS, etc.), I now have a beautiful T-Mobile logo. This is worth $20 to me if you you have a Paypal account.

    Dan <><

  21. #160
    Developer
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 27 Times in 17 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
    Scroopy,

    Thank you for this. After upgrading/jailbreaking to IOS 4.3.2, could never get Facetime working on my factory unlocked iPhone4. Several "fixes" just boogered up the phone to the point of needing a complete restore. Not only did your fix work for everything (FT, MMS, etc.), I now have a beautiful T-Mobile logo. This is worth $20 to me if you you have a Paypal account.

    Dan <><
    good glad to here it.

    and i do have a paypal
    email [email protected]
    or
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=A2SL8J2CBHMRL

    Quote Originally Posted by stocis View Post
    downloaded, rebooted, chosen simple mobile, applied, respring, facetime waiting for activation..
    and are you using springmobile? you just asked if it worked for other countries
    Last edited by Bby Scroopy; 04-28-2011 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910 18 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •