+ Reply
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fix MMS, Internet & Activate FaceTime iPhone 4 on US Carriers. TMobile, SimpleMobile.

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ive tried all day to do all of this. I was originally using the app that everyone uses for their phone to get the mms. I decided to try this,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ive tried all day to do all of this. I was originally using the app that everyone uses for their phone to get the mms. I decided to try this, I kinda messed up things, finally got em fixed again. Got the mms working from bby~. B4 I had the facetime working, and not the mms, now i got the mms working perfectly but the facetime wont even show the icon on the settings>phone. B4 it was showing and i could turn it on but everytime i would close the settings app the facetime would turn off, i decided to reboot the phone and the facetime icon disapired. So so far I got mms and the t mobile icon woring. I need help getting the facetime switch bac on my phone and actually get it working, even when i turn off my phone that i would be able to still mms and facetime. Srry for the bother, thanks for your great work. After I get this woring trust me ill donate you for all this hard work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

First of all, thanks Scroopy. I finally got my mms working with this instruction. I'm using Iphone4 4.2.1 bb 3.10.01. But on Facetime, its still saying "waiting for activation". How long this step take? Should I try step 7 again?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default working on 4.3.5 w/gevey SIM!!!
    THANKS SCROOPY!!!!!! face time is finally working on my iphone 4 w/Gevey sim on 4.3.5 firmware BB 4.10.01 for T-Mobile.

Mitime was not giving out new activations and no other tweak from cydia that i found worked until i came here. Here is what i did differently. I had face time toggle after jailbreaking.

I jail broke my iphone with redsnow and then i installed SAM from cydia. I tried the "deactivate Iphone" option. It did not work. I removed the gevey and tether rebooted my phone.

I used "Revert Lockdownd to Stock" option in SAM preferences and it worked. I tether rebooted my phone again and opened itunes. I reinstalled the gevey but i didn't do the 112 thing. CHECK SAM to insure that the phone is wildcard activated. If not then you have to remove the gevey and use revert to stock/deactivate again.

I went into cydia and installed push doctor and fixed my push notifications so that it had unique certs. I tether rebooted my phone and installed mitime (you probably can use another app from cydia to check/validate your push certs).

I put in the information that I needed for data and internet from a guy's post in this thread....THE I4MMS option WILL do the same thing!!
    I installed I4MMS and clicked enable facetime. I checked my settings and the face time toggle was missing and my settings froze when i tried to check the data network settings. I checked the mitime app and it said ft disabled.

I tether rebooted my phone and uninstalled i4mms and tether rebooted my phone again. I tried to check the network settings and it froze again. I installed I4mms fix and it installed both the fix and I4mms. I tether rebooted my phone and my settings was working again (FT toggle still not avail) I chose enable facetime in I4mms. the toggle came back but no face time. I rebooted my phone and tried to call someone using my bluetooth and facetime was enabled. WOOT!!!

I was about to give up on FT until I found this thread. I registered just to say thanks and put out what I did because I haven't seen alot of info about using bby scroopy's fix on 4.3.5 and gevey. Donations are coming your way!

oh yeah, i unnistalled mitime and I4mms fix. I still have I4mms
    Last edited by bluehaze; 10-08-2011 at 08:13 AM. Reason: forgot to add something

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i4MMS has always worked fine for me. With the exception of FaceTime, but I'm not concerned with that at the moment. I'm using an iPhone4 unlocked with the Gevey Sim for T-Mobile. Whenever I am unfortunate enough to have to restart my phone, I have problems getting EDGE back. I go through the gevey method to get my service. Then I use the i4MMS "Fix Me" to get access to the network settings. After I use the Options, to try and get back the EDGE, however I am always met with this. Fix MMS, Internet & Activate FaceTime iPhone 4 on US Carriers. TMobile, SimpleMobile.-phone.png

The "Internet Tethering" at the bottom, it stays there, no matter what happens. EDGE never comes back up. I've uninstalled i4MMS, I've respringed and rebooted the iPhone countless times.

Anyone else having the same problem, or can offer a solution? Your help is greatly appreciated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have an iPhone 4 4.2.1 using gevey with t mobile. Baseband 3.10.01. Here's my problem...I used I4MMS and got my mms working and got the otion to turn on and off my facetime; my problem is, first, whenever I reboot my phone I gotta re do everything cuz I always loose my cellular data information, and also, whenever I turn on the FaceTime, it stays on, but as soon as I close the settings tab or app of my iPhone or just simply I get out of there my FaceTime turns off, so I can never use it cuz I soon as I back out of that it turns off automatically. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS! I'm willing to pay!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saintz20 View Post
    I have an iPhone 4 4.2.1 using gevey with t mobile. Baseband 3.10.01. Here's my problem...I used I4MMS and got my mms working and got the otion to turn on and off my facetime; my problem is, first, whenever I reboot my phone I gotta re do everything cuz I always loose my cellular data information, and also, whenever I turn on the FaceTime, it stays on, but as soon as I close the settings tab or app of my iPhone or just simply I get out of there my FaceTime turns off, so I can never use it cuz I soon as I back out of that it turns off automatically. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS! I'm willing to pay!
    Hey, you probably mean baseband 4.10.01. I was successfully working with 14mms an then it stopped working. I restarted my phone after an install and I lost my FaceTime and cellular data info. I tried to use 14mms to fix and restart but not dice. I tried reinstall but the server was down so I could not reinstall. I installed mitime and it stated that I was using the wrong carrier settings. I tried network reset but, it still did not. Fix the issue. I ended up restoring my iPhone to get access to my data network setting and the FaceTime toggle. I manually put in the apn settings and installed tmobile mms fix from pushfix. I broke down today and purchased mitime. . I'm sure i4mms would have worked again but I can't get it. Well my mms is working with the tmobile mms fix from push fix repo and my FaceTime works using mitime. I haven't restarted it yet though.

****update****
    I restarted my phone just to see what happened. Everything still works. I don't have to do the gevey thing once it restarted. tmobile automatically picked up service. mms and facetime is working.

List of things installed on my 4.3.5 gevey iphone 4 on base band 4.10.01.

1. Gevey SIM with non working ATT SIM. No need for SAM because my push certs worked.
    2. Cellular data network setting manual input as follows (i think I4MMS should put the same info when you click mms fix)

CELLULAR DATA
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username:
    Password:

CELL DATA
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS PROXY:216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS MAX Message Size: 1048576
    MMS UA PROF URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

3. Install T-mobile MMS Fix from Pushfix.info repo

4. I purchased a token and installed mitime to enable FACETIME (I4MMS should do this also when avail again)

5. Drink a beer and relax cause your phone works now

****UPDATE****

I went to work this morning and i didn't have any data i tried to reset the settings and it did not work. I decided to leave it alone.

Later i took out my gevey and went through the steps three times then i got my data back again.
    Last edited by bluehaze; 10-11-2011 at 04:23 PM. Reason: update

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Anybody has this app working (FaceTime, MMS) on iOS 5?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Got my MMS, FaceTime, and iMessages working on Tmo (iPhone4, ultrasn0w) iOS 5 - FaceTime and iMessages are working via Apple ID but NOT by phone number.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone ios 5 MMS
    Quote Originally Posted by TeflonFong View Post
    Got my MMS, FaceTime, and iMessages working on Tmo (iPhone4, ultrasn0w) iOS 5 - FaceTime and iMessages are working via Apple ID but NOT by phone number.
    Hey I'm on iOS 5 on my iPhone 3GS. Its unlocked for T-Mobile but i cant get MMS to work. Any suggestions?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey, are you using a gevey sim on your 5.0 iOS?
    Last edited by bluehaze; 10-16-2011 at 05:42 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Verification Error
    Could not connect to the server.

will try some other time.
    Last edited by kvizzel; 10-16-2011 at 05:42 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default my iphone 4 on bb 4.10.01 with ios5
    I decided to upgrade to 5.0. I am in the same boat as you with no fix so far. I presereved my baseband and i am using my gevey sim.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bluehaze View Post
    I decided to upgrade to 5.0. I am in the same boat as you with no fix so far. I presereved my baseband and i am using my gevey sim.

Enter the following it worked fine for me

Username:
    Password:

CELL DATA
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS PROXY:216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS MAX Message Size: 1048576
    MMS UA PROF URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    What works for me is overriding the .plist file, and changing the Cellular Data Settings to the right Tmo ones.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys. Please b nice noob here all the way. I'm on iPhone 4 iOS 5 firmware 04.10.01. Unlocked with Gevey. I can't send of get mms. Pretty sad. I have these settings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fix MMS, Internet & Activate FaceTime iPhone 4 on US Carriers. TMobile, SimpleMobile.-imageuploadedbymodmyi1319004720.678725.jpg  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how do i fix my mms on my iphone4? i jailbreaked it with iso5 but cant get mms.im in australia.please help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i am trying to get facetime on my unlocked tmobile iphone 4 4.3.3 any help would b appreciated. Mi Time doesnt work anymore and all the youtube clips have been bogus

Quote Originally Posted by rgarjr View Post
    I have an iPhone 4 on 4.3.3 using Gevey Ultra on T-mobile and thought I'd give this a try and it worked on the first try. Great work to the coder
    do you have facetime successfully running? I have the same softwware as you
    Last edited by dabullnise609; 10-20-2011 at 01:27 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    What works for me is overriding the .plist file, and changing the Cellular Data Settings to the right Tmo ones.
    how exactly did you do this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Will I be charged for international texting doing this?

Green Apple
    Thanks

is anyone else getting a time out on cydia from this source?