+ Reply
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fix MMS, Internet & Activate FaceTime iPhone 4 on US Carriers. TMobile, SimpleMobile.

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by shawnsavior Preface: -iphone 4 -originally running 4.3.3 had to upgrade to 4.3.5 as last resort -tmobile unlocked with gevey sim Ok, so initially i used the i4mms
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shawnsavior View Post
    Preface:
    -iphone 4
    -originally running 4.3.3 had to upgrade to 4.3.5 as last resort
    -tmobile unlocked with gevey sim

Ok, so initially i used the i4mms app on my girls iphone 4 running 4.3.3. At first it worked like a charm, then as so many of you are all to aware, the cellular data network tab disappeared. I tried EVERYTHING within my limited realm of knowledge to fix the issue without restoring (via ifile, a slew of add on's etc) nothing worked. After much trial and error i finally was forced to restore the phone, and unwittingly upgraded to this BS 4.3.5 patch. It did however give me back my cel data network tab, so i dealt with it. Now, i reinstalled NEW i4mms and it immediately wiped the tab again... SOOOO, after another restore. i finally was able to get A. my tmobile service running, and B. all my mms issues resolved. i dont know where else to put it, but in my endless search for info i was brought to this thread countless times so hopefully this can help someone who was in the same boat as me.

SO: ios: 4.3.5
    You WILL have to jailbreak your iphone, but it ultimately will be running UNBROKEN because of a necessary reboot (which i will explain below) So for this fix running jailbroken must not be important to you. (ios 5 will be out in a month, make do like i am)

If you can avoid upgrading and can figure out how to reboot at 4.3.3 DO THAT, it was to little to late by the time i figured out i could.
    So if your like me:

-you just rebooted your iphone to 4.3.5

-i had to use an authorized SIM to re-unlock, even with the gevey sim... there was no way around it. (just borrow one from someone, you need it for literally 5 seconds, it will unlock then pop your tmobile sim back in)

-I then tethered jailbroke my iphone using redsn0w (there are tutorials out there)

-Then i restored from backup all my info, apps, etc...

-Next i rebooted the phone via redsn0w so that cydia would be functional.

-i added the repo source: Cydia.pushfix.info

-Then i installed the TMOBILE MMS FIX from the pushfix repo.

-Your phone then reboots

-Now you can go through the gevey sim unlocking process. (112, airplane mode, etc..)

-last you must enter epc.tmobile.com into the mms apn field

At this point your mms should be working, but you will not have access to cydia because of the non redsn0w reboot. I tried several times to reboot with redsn0w and unlock but EVERY time i got the gevey error message and could not connect to the tmobile network. This is the ONLY thing that worked for me, and it took me a week to figure it out. Im obviously not a computer genius, im sure there is a crazy code i could have added to a carrier bundle that would have fixed this quick fast and in a hurry but i just couldnt figure it out. This worked and is fine till the new ios comes out for ME. Hopefully it can help out someone else. (sorry for the long winded post, i needed to get this off my chest though, it was BRUTAL!)

worked for me.... thanx
    Last edited by eergsxr; 08-10-2011 at 02:42 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Todd29 View Post
    So does bby scroppy's metheod work with Gevey Ultra on iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3.3???

Thanks for your help in advance!!!!!!

I need MMS to work!!!!! Oh and Facetime would be nice as well!!!!!!!!!
    Yes it does work with it. I upgraded to the Ultra a couple days ago and his settings still work great.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My FACTIME IS FINALLY ACTIVE..... it took a few hours for me but it worked.... i had used option 4 in the tmobile settings....

Green Apple
    Thanks
    thanks man...also one question. when ever i enable 3g on my iphone which is unlocked to tmobile. i always get no service and have to unlock it again. any thoughts? thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

Everything works great! Unfortunately, everytime I reboot, all my settings disappear including the Data Network Tab, MMS, etc. After every reboot, I have to redo the i4MMS process again and respring. Not a big deal but anyone know a fix for this?
    VinhSon Nguyen
    Motion Graphics Designer

If I helped you in any way, please don't hesitate to click the "Thanks" button!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shawnsavior View Post
    Preface:
    -iphone 4
    -originally running 4.3.3 had to upgrade to 4.3.5 as last resort
    -tmobile unlocked with gevey sim

Ok, so initially i used the i4mms app on my girls iphone 4 running 4.3.3. At first it worked like a charm, then as so many of you are all to aware, the cellular data network tab disappeared. I tried EVERYTHING within my limited realm of knowledge to fix the issue without restoring (via ifile, a slew of add on's etc) nothing worked. After much trial and error i finally was forced to restore the phone, and unwittingly upgraded to this BS 4.3.5 patch. It did however give me back my cel data network tab, so i dealt with it. Now, i reinstalled NEW i4mms and it immediately wiped the tab again... SOOOO, after another restore. i finally was able to get A. my tmobile service running, and B. all my mms issues resolved. i dont know where else to put it, but in my endless search for info i was brought to this thread countless times so hopefully this can help someone who was in the same boat as me.

SO: ios: 4.3.5
    You WILL have to jailbreak your iphone, but it ultimately will be running UNBROKEN because of a necessary reboot (which i will explain below) So for this fix running jailbroken must not be important to you. (ios 5 will be out in a month, make do like i am)

If you can avoid upgrading and can figure out how to reboot at 4.3.3 DO THAT, it was to little to late by the time i figured out i could.
    So if your like me:

-you just rebooted your iphone to 4.3.5

-i had to use an authorized SIM to re-unlock, even with the gevey sim... there was no way around it. (just borrow one from someone, you need it for literally 5 seconds, it will unlock then pop your tmobile sim back in)

-I then tethered jailbroke my iphone using redsn0w (there are tutorials out there)

-Then i restored from backup all my info, apps, etc...

-Next i rebooted the phone via redsn0w so that cydia would be functional.

-i added the repo source: Cydia.pushfix.info

-Then i installed the TMOBILE MMS FIX from the pushfix repo.

-Your phone then reboots

-Now you can go through the gevey sim unlocking process. (112, airplane mode, etc..)

-last you must enter epc.tmobile.com into the mms apn field

At this point your mms should be working, but you will not have access to cydia because of the non redsn0w reboot. I tried several times to reboot with redsn0w and unlock but EVERY time i got the gevey error message and could not connect to the tmobile network. This is the ONLY thing that worked for me, and it took me a week to figure it out. Im obviously not a computer genius, im sure there is a crazy code i could have added to a carrier bundle that would have fixed this quick fast and in a hurry but i just couldnt figure it out. This worked and is fine till the new ios comes out for ME. Hopefully it can help out someone else. (sorry for the long winded post, i needed to get this off my chest though, it was BRUTAL!)
    Shawn, I worked on this for 7 hours and gave up last night at 3am, i came across this and figured to try it and it WORKED! I just registered just to say thank you I appreciate it.

PS: Did you get Facetime working on the phone, just curious?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the source link don't work.. please verify .....

Developer
    Thanks

sorry bro, and ppl i have no more money to pay bill... have to go to library to use internet lol dont know how long itll be down... im in school priorities first

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bby Scroopy View Post
    sorry bro, and ppl i have no more money to pay bill... have to go to library to use internet lol dont know how long itll be down... im in school priorities first
    I will host the files if you send them to me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

OMG
    here is the source for i4MMS download

Code:
    http://cydia.myrepospace.com/shivang/
    I searched everywhere and I finally found it!!!!

Developer
    Thanks

haha oh wow

btw i have server running but only basically gonna be availble 9 AM - 9PM Central time

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bby Scroopy View Post
    haha oh wow

btw i have server running but only basically gonna be availble 9 AM - 9PM Central time
    This works on T-Mobile 4.3.5 tethered jailbreak right?
    Last edited by rxllrn; 09-26-2011 at 02:34 PM.

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rxllrn View Post
    This works on T-Mobile 4.3.5 tethered jailbreak right?
    yessss

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How come when I install it, my gevey sim won't activate?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rxllrn View Post
    OMG
    here is the source for i4MMS download

Code:
    http://cydia.myrepospace.com/shivang/
    I searched everywhere and I finally found it!!!!
    I have an iPhone 4 on 4.3.3 using Gevey Ultra on T-mobile and thought I'd give this a try and it worked on the first try. Great work to the coder

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for your effort Bby and shivang for hosting. For some reason cydia keeps insisting that this needs to upgrade. even when you do, it still asks for it and the i4mms wont launch. just keeps crashing. Any suggestions?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got facetime on but when i call someone, it keeps saying connecting.... can anyone help me with this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey, whenever i open the app, it crashes instantly... how can I fix this? i already have mms and i just need the facetime button on the app to enable..
    also, when will the source be up again?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can't get the app to work. it just closes it self.

Green Apple
    Thanks

is this only for the ip4, or will it also work on a 3gs 4.1? thanks