Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fix MMS, Internet & Activate FaceTime iPhone 4 on US Carriers. TMobile, SimpleMobile.

Quote Originally Posted by NuncaSolo View Post
    FIRST LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU Bby Scroopy for your diligence to solve this issue for the general public and provide it graciously to us for free.

I'm currently using a iPhone 4 running on Firmware 4.3.3 and Baseband 4.10.01 unlocked using Gevey SIM, with Simple Mobile as my carrier.

I originally just had MMS and Data fixed on my device by adding in the data manually in the Cellular Data fields.

Of course having an iPhone 4 I eagerly wanted to use FaceTime as it a huge feature with the device its self. I searched the web and come along this thread. Here's the series of actions I took to get everything working perfectly on my device.

1) I obviously added the source: Bby Scroopys World
    2) I installed i4MMS, i then unfortunately rebooted my device so I had to go through the whole Gevey unlocking process...no big deal.
    3) Once back on track i followed the steps outlined in the original directions and.....NOTHING no FaceTime no MMS.
    4) In then uninstalled i4MMS and rebooted my device
    5) After re-unlocking my phone with the Gevey process, I went into the Settings disable 3G and enabled Data Roaming. I then reset all my cellular data settings until where everything was completely clear.
    6) I then went into Cydia and installed New i4MMS just to test it out and try my luck again. This time I was given the prompt to respring my device. Respring...
    7) Went into the i4MMS app on my homescreen, selected my carrier, and clicked apply changes.
    8) Go into SETTINGS>GENERAL>NETWORK>CELLULAR DATA NETWORK> Reset the settings twice
    9) Go into SETTINGS>PHONE>Enable FaceTime...about 30 seconds to 1 minute...BOOM!!!! worked like charm.
    Did what you said, but I've been waiting about 3 minutes or so, and FaceTime is still waiting for activation.

server is down again ?
    can make dab file...

Yeah the repo isn't working...

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poopz View Post
    scratch that. The rendering speed for Safari is incredibly slow now, even on WiFi. Furthermore, when I toggle to the video camera, the shutter never opens now.

I appreciate your effort but it seems the app is poorly coded.
    lol thats okay i wrote the app in one week and i didnt even know objective c learned from tutorials but i think ive perfected it. and if it is slow might be because i have several hundreds of connections to my server at a time... but i think i perfected it ^.^

Going to release i4MMS 4.1 i believe ive done and fixed everything.

Thanks for creating this! But I updated to the new i4MMS and it doesnt have the new T-Mobile logo. Can you add that back on? I'm on 4.3.2
    If I helped thank me!

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dvn821 View Post
    Thanks for creating this! But I updated to the new i4MMS and it doesnt have the new T-Mobile logo. Can you add that back on? I'm on 4.3.2
    mmm i suppose... lol i will thatll be the last update to i4MMS

anyone any more ideas b4 i stop developing for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bby Scroopy View Post
    mmm i suppose... lol i will thatll be the last update to i4MMS

anyone any more ideas b4 i stop developing for it?
    Can you make it run on iOS 5??? I tap the icon and it just closes.

I wish I tried this before I upgraded?

I had to register just to thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After 2 days of searching this post saved my phone from having to loose everything.

Repo is down.

Can we get the deb file.

Repo brings back verification errors, tried this with two iphone 4s, a repo fix or a deb file would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Repo is strangely up and running, but I have a question , does the "my number" have to be in this format with +1(xxx) xxx-xxxx, and since my phone is hacktivated with pwnagetool, will this affect the facetime activation? I am running on 4.3.3 with 1.59.00 baseband with ultrasn0w. My phone is currently stuck on the waiting for activation for facetime. I have tried restoring my phone numerous times, and nothing seems to work.
    Last edited by appl3; 07-05-2011 at 02:48 AM.

Your phone should be activated with an AT&T simcard for push to work properly, that makes the Facetime easier to get activated. If you hacktivated your phone via pwnagetool, chances are Push will not work properly, and it's harder to get Facetime activated.

Default Help!
    I've tried everything in here. I lost the "FaceTime" and the cellular data section. I uninstalled and everything. I reinstalled and did the MMS and Cellular Data settings within the T-mobile section in the app. I then activated FaceTime.

However, when I go back into phone > settings and flip on FaceTime, nothing happens. Not even a AlertView comes up asking if I am okay witht the SMS charges. I go back, and come back and it's off!

What do I need to do? If this helps, I don't have a data plan (i'm on wifi) and the my number field says "unknown" and it won't let me change it. Thanks!

Coulton

Quote Originally Posted by latino129j View Post
    ill try this over the weekend if the i4mms does it to me again but what do u mean by symbolic links? ... dunno how to that.

@ratman havent retried the old i4mms....but ill give it a try over the weekend the last time used it it did the same thing as the new one but im hopeful so ill give it another go... i currently have the pushfix bundle for the mms and stuff so ill uninstall that and go with the i4mms again
    Try this...once you install it click on i4mms and click tmobile and select the third one that worked for me..but yea after that click FaceTime..and than go to settings..go into airplane mode and get out...if the FaceTime toggle is there and than click it on...go to celleluar data and click reset network twice... go to help on i4mms and click fix comm and that should reboot your phone and it should work fine after that...

So I think if your FaceTime or your cellular network disappears you need to go to help and click the comm patch fix
    Last edited by Idungknoe; 07-16-2011 at 12:03 PM.

Default Little help Scroopy
    Hey, i'm running a 3GS on 4.2.1 BB 6.15.00 Tmobile

When I installed I lost:
    -Cellular Data Tab
    -Internet tethering tab

Tried removing, restoring, and re-jailbreaking to no avail.
    Could you/anyone point me in the right direction on how to get my iPhone
    back to the way it was before installing i4MMS.

Thanks for all the Great Work, i really do appreciate it.
    Last edited by the Singularity; 07-28-2011 at 08:58 AM.

Lightbulb -Found the Solution-
    Quote Originally Posted by the Singularity View Post
    Hey, i'm running a 3GS on 4.2.1 BB 6.15.00 Tmobile

When I installed I lost:
    -Cellular Data Tab
    -Internet tethering tab

Tried removing, restoring, and re-jailbreaking to no avail.
    Could you/anyone point me in the right direction on how to get my iPhone
    back to the way it was before installing i4MMS.

Thanks for all the Great Work, i really do appreciate it.

1. Download APN Editing from bigboss
    This tool overrides any operator device that
    Disables APN Settings.

- 1 week, Where's the Love?

Isa the repo not working? I have tried all day and I either get timeout or cannot verify.?

Preface:
    -iphone 4
    -originally running 4.3.3 had to upgrade to 4.3.5 as last resort
    -tmobile unlocked with gevey sim

Ok, so initially i used the i4mms app on my girls iphone 4 running 4.3.3. At first it worked like a charm, then as so many of you are all to aware, the cellular data network tab disappeared. I tried EVERYTHING within my limited realm of knowledge to fix the issue without restoring (via ifile, a slew of add on's etc) nothing worked. After much trial and error i finally was forced to restore the phone, and unwittingly upgraded to this BS 4.3.5 patch. It did however give me back my cel data network tab, so i dealt with it. Now, i reinstalled NEW i4mms and it immediately wiped the tab again... SOOOO, after another restore. i finally was able to get A. my tmobile service running, and B. all my mms issues resolved. i dont know where else to put it, but in my endless search for info i was brought to this thread countless times so hopefully this can help someone who was in the same boat as me.

SO: ios: 4.3.5
    You WILL have to jailbreak your iphone, but it ultimately will be running UNBROKEN because of a necessary reboot (which i will explain below) So for this fix running jailbroken must not be important to you. (ios 5 will be out in a month, make do like i am)

If you can avoid upgrading and can figure out how to reboot at 4.3.3 DO THAT, it was to little to late by the time i figured out i could.
    So if your like me:

-you just rebooted your iphone to 4.3.5

-i had to use an authorized SIM to re-unlock, even with the gevey sim... there was no way around it. (just borrow one from someone, you need it for literally 5 seconds, it will unlock then pop your tmobile sim back in)

-I then tethered jailbroke my iphone using redsn0w (there are tutorials out there)

-Then i restored from backup all my info, apps, etc...

-Next i rebooted the phone via redsn0w so that cydia would be functional.

-i added the repo source: Cydia.pushfix.info

-Then i installed the TMOBILE MMS FIX from the pushfix repo.

-Your phone then reboots

-Now you can go through the gevey sim unlocking process. (112, airplane mode, etc..)

-last you must enter epc.tmobile.com into the mms apn field

At this point your mms should be working, but you will not have access to cydia because of the non redsn0w reboot. I tried several times to reboot with redsn0w and unlock but EVERY time i got the gevey error message and could not connect to the tmobile network. This is the ONLY thing that worked for me, and it took me a week to figure it out. Im obviously not a computer genius, im sure there is a crazy code i could have added to a carrier bundle that would have fixed this quick fast and in a hurry but i just couldnt figure it out. This worked and is fine till the new ios comes out for ME. Hopefully it can help out someone else. (sorry for the long winded post, i needed to get this off my chest though, it was BRUTAL!)
    Last edited by shawnsavior; 08-06-2011 at 01:33 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to shawnsavior For This Useful Post:

NyCShadow (09-10-2011)

So does bby scroppy's metheod work with Gevey Ultra on iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3.3???

Thanks for your help in advance!!!!!!

I need MMS to work!!!!! Oh and Facetime would be nice as well!!!!!!!!!

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast