+ Reply
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fix MMS, Internet & Activate FaceTime iPhone 4 on US Carriers. TMobile, SimpleMobile.

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
oh btw i took of the tmobile carrier logo i am later going to release something that will let you choose what carrier logo you wish and use it
    Developer
    Thanks

oh btw i took of the tmobile carrier logo i am later going to release something that will let you choose what carrier logo you wish and use it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    @latino129j

From the looks of your screen shot, you're not getting anywhere without having service first buddy.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi there bby !!! First off thanks for all the effort in making this source, i know its hard work.

I am currently on 4.3.3 with bb : 01.59.00 on tmobile

I have unlimited data from tmobile , currently i have the internet working but sometimes it would give me a message that there is no internet !
    i would have my service missing and will have to wait for a few seconds before it comes back.
    i have read your post and checked you video, my main question is which should i use , the new i4mms or the old ???

and would it fix this data prob and mms thanks in advance

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Devlett View Post
    Hi there bby !!! First off thanks for all the effort in making this source, i know its hard work.

I am currently on 4.3.3 with bb : 01.59.00 on tmobile

I have unlimited data from tmobile , currently i have the internet working but sometimes it would give me a message that there is no internet !
    i would have my service missing and will have to wait for a few seconds before it comes back.
    i have read your post and checked you video, my main question is which should i use , the new i4mms or the old ???

and would it fix this data prob and mms thanks in advance
    The new i4MMS works better I Made it using iPhone sdk took me 2 weeks but I learned how to code in objective c yay but anyways it should fix ur mms and edge I've had over 13000 (13 thousand) ppl download it last time I checked only a few have been having difficulty but only because they need different settings if anything let me know or yahoo. [email protected]

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bby Scroopy For This Useful Post:

latino129j (05-31-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bby Scroopy View Post
    The new i4MMS works better I Made it using iPhone sdk took me 2 weeks but I learned how to code in objective c yay but anyways it should fix ur mms and edge I've had over 13000 (13 thousand) ppl download it last time I checked only a few have been having difficulty but only because they need different settings if anything let me know or yahoo. [email protected]
    i used the "new 14mms" and it worked perfectly!(option#1)
    i had problems with my mms bfore i could only send but not receive pics and the ft was stock at 'activation'.
    fm 4.3.3 bd 4.10.01, gevey sim unlock, tmobile flexpay, web2go internet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bby Scroopy View Post
    Thanks for the reply, bby !!! i have done what you have said and right now i am stuck between your options, would you kindly explain each option and which would work the best for me ? btw i am using iphone 4 if that helps. Should i also turn off any settings ? such as Enable 3G / Cellular Data before installing ? or just go ahead with the option. Thanks for the help and the work you have put in making this !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have a gevey sim... it looks like that whether its active or not... did it so my number dont show up....

i just went to apple and got my phone switched....problem solved. and i can start from scratch

Thanks to @ratman for helpin me out... after doin what u wrote the toggles came back...

So now im at 4.3.2 bb 4.10.01 gevey sim unlock.... what i4mms should i install to activate my facetime?

do i use the old i4mms or the new one????

nvm i read the posts above me lol got my answer

UPDATE:: I tried the new i4mms but that just ended up giving me the same problem as last time....facetime toggle disappeared and the network tab wouldnt open and it would just crash...so i ended up restoring my phone.....
    i guess Facetime just wasnt meant for me to use
    Last edited by latino129j; 05-31-2011 at 11:20 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    @latino129j

You tried clicking the facetime button within the i4mms app itself?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes i followed the instructions on the i4mms it self... i first set up the mms part.... made sure it worked... sent a few messages out and recieved a few... then i went into i4mms and went to facetime.... tapped on "enable facetime" then went to the phone in settings turned on the facetime toggle.... gave me the warning message about the sms charge.... then it just said waiting for activation..... after like 15 min the toggle turned itself off and re did the whole process all over again and this time it said "activation unsuccessful" i even went on my tmobile account online and made sure it the message was being sent out and it showed me the +44*** number and type of message it said SMOINT and then there was another saying INCOMING... so i have no idea what is goin on.... i even called customer service to make sure nothing was blocked..... so i have no idea what to do anymore.... i plainly just gave up for the moment.....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    @latino129j

Try using the old version, I believe you'll have a better chance with it then the new one. Currently the new one is missing the carrier bundles I believe.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone can post a copy of the carrier bundles that the old i4mms uses. God forbid I lose facetime and need them for the activation.

Thanks,

Green Apple
    Thanks

I found a solution for people who have to restart iPhone and the Cellular Data Network is lost. This requires you have iFile installed on your phone. You dont have to restore your phone. This is guaranteed to work.

1. So after you restart the phone, re-unlock it with your turbo sim (if you're using one)
    2. When it connects with the carrier, go to iFile and navigate to /private/var/mobile/Library/
    3. Create 2 symbolic links, one's called Carrier Bundle.bundle and the other is Operator Bundle.bundle, both link to /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/Unknown.bundle
    4. Then navigate to /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/
    5. I'm sure the file com.apple.carrier.plist is missing too. So you'll have to create a symbolic link called com.apple.carrier.plist and link it to /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/Unknown.bundle/carrier.plist
    6. After that, respring your phone. Now go back to Settings -> General -> Network. Sometimes it takes a while to inside the tab Network, sometimes it goes straight right away. Anyway, you'll see the Cellular Data Network tab there, click on the tab and reset settings twice.
    7. Run i4MMS and re-apply T-Mobile setting, choose the one that works for you. Option 1 always works for me. After the phone is resprung, go back to Cellular Data Network and reset the setting to make sure it's right.
    8. Now get back to Settings -> Phone. Facetime will be there too. If you have not activated it yet, now is the time. You don't have to run i4MMS and run that Facetime option, just try to turn on facetime. It'll take some time, mine was up to 1 minute.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imlboy For This Useful Post:

Hollow Ichigo (06-11-2011), Ruaj_esh (07-03-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ill try this over the weekend if the i4mms does it to me again but what do u mean by symbolic links? ... dunno how to that.

@ratman havent retried the old i4mms....but ill give it a try over the weekend the last time used it it did the same thing as the new one but im hopeful so ill give it another go... i currently have the pushfix bundle for the mms and stuff so ill uninstall that and go with the i4mms again
    Last edited by latino129j; 06-03-2011 at 09:26 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    looks like the old version is backup on the repo. Thanks Bbyscroopy!

@latino129j

There another thing you should try out since you said it was working with your bro/sis phone do they have Gevey too ??

Why don't you swap out the sim/Gevey and see if that works too.

Thanks

this kids full of **** ****** wont answer my emails or text now and his app has completely effed my phone thas a hole

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imlboy View Post
    I found a solution for people who have to restart iPhone and the Cellular Data Network is lost. This requires you have iFile installed on your phone. You dont have to restore your phone. This is guaranteed to work.

1. So after you restart the phone, re-unlock it with your turbo sim (if you're using one)
    2. When it connects with the carrier, go to iFile and navigate to /private/var/mobile/Library/
    3. Create 2 symbolic links, one's called Carrier Bundle.bundle and the other is Operator Bundle.bundle, both link to /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/Unknown.bundle
    4. Then navigate to /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/
    5. I'm sure the file com.apple.carrier.plist is missing too. So you'll have to create a symbolic link called com.apple.carrier.plist and link it to /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/Unknown.bundle/carrier.plist
    6. After that, respring your phone. Now go back to Settings -> General -> Network. Sometimes it takes a while to inside the tab Network, sometimes it goes straight right away. Anyway, you'll see the Cellular Data Network tab there, click on the tab and reset settings twice.
    7. Run i4MMS and re-apply T-Mobile setting, choose the one that works for you. Option 1 always works for me. After the phone is resprung, go back to Cellular Data Network and reset the setting to make sure it's right.
    8. Now get back to Settings -> Phone. Facetime will be there too. If you have not activated it yet, now is the time. You don't have to run i4MMS and run that Facetime option, just try to turn on facetime. It'll take some time, mine was up to 1 minute.
    So i lost my 'newtworkdatatab' i was about to do an itunes restore but i gave this a try and it worked.
    The only thing was that the first two folders (Carrier Bundle.bundle and Operator Bundle.bundle) were there, the only one missing was this file 'com.apple.carrier.plist'. I created it and linked it. Then respring. The 'network tab' was back but the 'facetime' toggle was still missing. For that i had to do this:

1: go to Settings/General/Restrictions

2: Tap on (click) Enable Restrictions

3. Then check FaceTime toggle to 'OFF'

4. respring

5. Now Go to Settings/Phone u should be able to see FaceTime Button.

Hopefully this can help out someone :]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey Scroopy, Can you create another option with wap.voicestream.com as both the apns? My iphone 4 on 4.3.3 wouldnt work with any of the options you have in the New I4MMS. But it will when I use wap.voicestream.com after I installed option #1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs up Simple Mobile FaceTime Working Perfectly
    FIRST LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU Bby Scroopy for your diligence to solve this issue for the general public and provide it graciously to us for free.

I'm currently using a iPhone 4 running on Firmware 4.3.3 and Baseband 4.10.01 unlocked using Gevey SIM, with Simple Mobile as my carrier.

I originally just had MMS and Data fixed on my device by adding in the data manually in the Cellular Data fields.

Of course having an iPhone 4 I eagerly wanted to use FaceTime as it a huge feature with the device its self. I searched the web and come along this thread. Here's the series of actions I took to get everything working perfectly on my device.

1) I obviously added the source: Bby Scroopys World
    2) I installed i4MMS, i then unfortunately rebooted my device so I had to go through the whole Gevey unlocking process...no big deal.
    3) Once back on track i followed the steps outlined in the original directions and.....NOTHING no FaceTime no MMS.
    4) In then uninstalled i4MMS and rebooted my device
    5) After re-unlocking my phone with the Gevey process, I went into the Settings disable 3G and enabled Data Roaming. I then reset all my cellular data settings until where everything was completely clear.
    6) I then went into Cydia and installed New i4MMS just to test it out and try my luck again. This time I was given the prompt to respring my device. Respring...
    7) Went into the i4MMS app on my homescreen, selected my carrier, and clicked apply changes.
    8) Go into SETTINGS>GENERAL>NETWORK>CELLULAR DATA NETWORK> Reset the settings twice
    9) Go into SETTINGS>PHONE>Enable FaceTime...about 30 seconds to 1 minute...BOOM!!!! worked like charm.
    Last edited by NuncaSolo; 06-18-2011 at 06:59 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I just followed the instructions and everything seems to be working fine. Scoopy, thank you very much. Is there anywhere where I can donate for your effort?

Secondly, will I be charged the international text rate every time I reboot my phone? I'm using GeveySIM on 4.3.3 with the latest baseband. Everything works great, I'm just wondering how many times I'm going to be charged...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    scratch that. The rendering speed for Safari is incredibly slow now, even on WiFi. Furthermore, when I toggle to the video camera, the shutter never opens now.

I appreciate your effort but it seems the app is poorly coded.