+ Reply
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fix MMS, Internet & Activate FaceTime iPhone 4 on US Carriers. TMobile, SimpleMobile.

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
push fix, push doctor will not install
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

push fix, push doctor will not install

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Diddyo View Post
    I may be interested, I use T-Mobile on ip4 4.2.1 (1.59.00).

Does the MMS both send and receive?
    Under Settings > General > About is the carrier labeled as T-Mobile 9.0 or Carrier 9.0 when using the bundle?
    I made a video on how to enable mms on 4.2.1. Heres a link YouTube - ‪How to enable mms on 4.2.1+ All iPhones 3G 3GS 4‬‏

Quote Originally Posted by mrgee25 View Post
    whats going on is this some sort of conspiracy I have tried everything and been to various forums and still cant get mms to work on simple mobile!!! Is their anyone that has solved this and has a true fix for this issue?????????????
    I got an idea how bout u get T-Mobile

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys, quick question. I was able to successfully get edge and mms working on T-mobile by selecting the first web clip, but my FT is stuck on "waiting for activation". I have tried turning Airplane mode on/off several times but still nothing. Any ideas? FW 4.3.1 on 02.10.04 bb unlocked with Gevey Pro. Thanks to all and thanks Bby for making this!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bladecuttah View Post
    Hey guys, quick question. I was able to successfully get edge and mms working on T-mobile by selecting the first web clip, but my FT is stuck on "waiting for activation". I have tried turning Airplane mode on/off several times but still nothing. Any ideas? FW 4.3.1 on 02.10.04 bb unlocked with Gevey Pro. Thanks to all and thanks Bby for making this!

Hi, I unlocked with the rebel sim and I'm assuming its a similar kind of situation as the Gevey Pro, but could you tell me how you were able to get Edge and MMs working on t-mobile? which one is the first web clip? I've been trying since I got my rebel sim and I can't seem to get Edge and MMs to work. Please help me out.

thanks

Developer
    Thanks

updated i4mms to 4.0

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Updated i4MMS does not work
    Quote Originally Posted by Bby Scroopy View Post
    updated i4mms to 4.0
    I saw an update on cydia and i installed it. I4MMS no longer works.

After downloading and rebooting your phone and all that, you won't be able to respring by clicking apply settings on the i4mms app. Also i4MMS seems to have disabled cellular data network editing, therefore, you can't go there and reset. It has also reset the facetime toggle so it is no longer present in the settings > phone tab. Is there an older version we can revert back to?

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aznkiiierz View Post
    I saw an update on cydia and i installed it. I4MMS no longer works.

After downloading and rebooting your phone and all that, you won't be able to respring by clicking apply settings on the i4mms app. Also i4MMS seems to have disabled cellular data network editing, therefore, you can't go there and reset. It has also reset the facetime toggle so it is no longer present in the settings > phone tab. Is there an older version we can revert back to?
    well after downloading u dont have to reboot just respring and after unstalling previous i4mms it reverts to the originals u had on the phone therefore u can not edit if it wasnt previously enabled and facetime toggle will dissapear.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well after downloading u dont have to reboot just respring and after unstalling previous i4mms it reverts to the originals u had on the phone therefore u can not edit if it wasnt previously enabled and facetime toggle will dissapear.
    Well that's the thing, the iphone originally is able to edit those settings. And even after reinstalling the package, respringing and hitting apply, the editing settings are still gone, therefore unable to hit reset as stated in the instructions.

On an extra note, for those people unlocked using gevey sim, you most likely will lose signal after you reboot your phone. So if the app no longer works after rebooting, there really isn't a point in even having this app. The only way it will respring again is if you re-install the app.

Developer
    Thanks

Well that's the thing, the iphone originally is able to edit those settings. And even after reinstalling the package, respringing and hitting apply, the editing settings are still gone, therefore unable to hit reset as stated in the instructions.

On an extra note, for those people unlocked using gevey sim, you most likely will lose signal after you reboot your phone. So if the app no longer works after rebooting, there really isn't a point in even having this app. The only way it will respring again is if you re-install the app.
    then there is something wrong in ur phone the app will will only work if there is a directory that should be there which is /var/mobile/Library/Carrier and Operator.bundle if its not there which has happend to me since i have the gevey sim card then that why it wont work so if u dont want the app then dont install.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

then there is something wrong in ur phone the app will will only work if there is a directory that should be there which is /var/mobile/Library/Carrier and Operator.bundle if its not there which has happend to me since i have the gevey sim card then that why it wont work so if u dont want the app then dont install.
    Alright. I fixed my problems by inserting just the sim into the phone. I'm not saying i don't want the app, i found it very useful. But can you at least make it work when the phone is rebooted? It wouldn't be very convenient if i had to find wifi nearby, hardly possible, just to reinstall the app. Sorry if my comments sound negative =/

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I figured out the problem
    Alright. I fixed my problems by inserting just the sim into the phone. I'm not saying i don't want the app, i found it very useful. But can you at least make it work when the phone is rebooted? It wouldn't be very convenient if i had to find wifi nearby, hardly possible, just to reinstall the app. Sorry if my comments sound negative =/
    So the problem is not really me. Somewhere in your app, it does this to your phone. After hitting apply, and rebooting your phone, you will not longer have any settings(facetime, cellular data editing) available to you anymore.
    I don't know if this was intentional or not but... this is what i have seen so far.

But on the first run, after hitting the apply button, it works fine. After rebooting, it would require a system restore to re-enable to facetime and cellular data things to re-appear.

Installing the app and uninstalling is harmless. But after hitting that apply button, you're screwed

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey i4mms was working fine till today's update and now the cellular settings disappeared and I can use pic mms or internet. I tried uninstalling and I still don't have acess to cellular settings even with other tmobile mms fixes. Befor I was using option 2 and then the update today I applied option too and I think the only way to fix is a full restore any ideas?

oh yeah also the cellular settings disappears for me and data roaming keeps turning itself off....

is it possible to put the old i4mms back on your repo as a second version for those having problem but worked on the previous versions?

aznkiiiers did u gett he cellular data settings to come back up? i uninstalled but cant get any other mms tweak to work or the cellular data settings menu to come up?
    Last edited by guysmilez; 05-29-2011 at 12:04 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

can anyone let me know how to reverse the damage cause now i cant get any tmobile mms tweak to work and apn settings wont come up to edit manually

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

scroopy the update 4.0.2 now will not let me into network settings and didnt fix anything.... sorry just saying

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guysmilez View Post
    scroopy the update 4.0.2 now will not let me into network settings and didnt fix anything.... sorry just saying
    The only way to fix this is to restore your idevice. His tweak to his update has caused everything to go bad. Rebooting the phone causes the follow folders

/Users/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle
    /Users/Library/Operator Bundle.bundle

to delete themselves. If this happens, you can verify it by plugging it into your computer and hitting the "update" button. It will give you error 1631.
    To fix the error, you would have to enable cellular data, but for some reason it is force disabled after you hit apply.
    After rebooting in version 4.0+, it would require a system restore to re-enable your settings

Developer
    Thanks

The only way to fix this is to restore your idevice. His tweak to his update has caused everything to go bad. Rebooting the phone causes the follow folders

/Users/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle
    /Users/Library/Operator Bundle.bundle

to delete themselves. If this happens, you can verify it by plugging it into your computer and hitting the "update" button. It will give you error 1631.
    To fix the error, you would have to enable cellular data, but for some reason it is force disabled after you hit apply.
    After rebooting in version 4.0+, it would require a system restore to re-enable your settings
    actually the reason they are being deleted is because i overwrote those folders in previous i4MMS versions which is why when you upgrade the new one doesnt do that because it doesnt have to so it seems that anyone upgrading to the version best course of action is to restore even though i included a fix that recreates those folders everytime the app launches but ill put back the old one.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Gevey Pro sim problem!
    Hey i have a ip4 running 4.3.3 4.10.01 bb. My iPhone is unlocked using a gevey sim pro, now I have followed all the steps correctly but still can't get FaceTime to work, it just stays on "waiting for activation".

Please help, thanks in advance

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by syniceboy View Post
    Hey i have a ip4 running 4.3.3 4.10.01 bb. My iPhone is unlocked using a gevey sim pro, now I have followed all the steps correctly but still can't get FaceTime to work, it just stays on "waiting for activation".

Please help, thanks in advance
    beeen trying to get this kid to help me for the last two days hell reply with little inf o and then stop talking hes makin me go crazy cuz my phones all jacked up i want the app but whats the point of having it if the creator cant help with the problem

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi There, i have no idea why it wont work for my phone....it worked on my brother's and sister's phone but when it comes to my phone it acts retarded. I end up losing the cellular data tab and the Facetime toggle. i was on 4.3.3 BB 4.10.01 gevey unlocked. i tried goin back to 4.3.2 cause my brother told me it might work but still no luck.... when i restore my phone and go into the phone settings the Facetime toggle still comes up but its not off its on "waiting for activation" mode which i find weird. and when i turn it off it gives the message that you get when Facetime is activated. I tried restoring my phone like a gazillion times. i dont think the carrier bundles are being overwritten or replaced which i find weird. and then i installed the old i4mms and reboot when im back on the cellular data and Facetime toggles are missing.

Scroopy i appreciate all the hard work that has been put on this app for us tmobile users to have Facetime. It worked for my siblings. Can you please help me out? i would like to be able to Facetime with them as well :P I think my phone is a damn retard.

Ill update in a bit... trying to go back to 4.3.2 and see what happens AGAIN

update: just went back to 4.3.2 and in settings under phone the facetime toggle was automatically on and when i turned it off it it showed my this.... any help would be appreciated....

Last edited by latino129j; 05-30-2011 at 08:29 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    First off let me thank bbyscroopy for all his hard work and time creating this app that fixes facetime and MMS for us on T-mobile.

As for those who are having issues updating the app to 4.0.2

I am on 4.3.3 BB 1.59.00 ultrasn0w unlocked

Cell Data Toggle:
    Try removing the sim, wait a little and put it back in. This should bring back the toggle.

Facetime Toggle:
    Within the app there is a facetime toggle [i4mms] -> Other section [Facetime]
    try those after you got mms running.

As for activation I didn't mess around with it too much. I believe I still have my FT activated token from the last version.

The only thing that doesn't work is the T-mobile Icon for when I have service. It seems the old carrier settings were removed. I have a feeing this is what causes FT activation to work but that's just my theory.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ratman For This Useful Post:

latino129j (05-31-2011)