Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fix MMS, Internet & Activate FaceTime iPhone 4 on US Carriers. TMobile, SimpleMobile.

Cyber:

Im using i4 4.3.2 1.59bb T-Mo USA

Did you use pwnage 4.3.2 to create a custom package? I am having Edge issues and no push after update from 4.0.1. I'm regretting it now. Not only did I loose my grandfathered $19 data plan, the thing wont stay connected to 2G. considering going back to 4.0.1 if I can't get reliable data.

4.0.1 apple ipsw with att sim > activated > jbme.com > ultrasnow
    vs
    4.3.2 pwnage custom ipsw > deal with issuses.

what are your thoughts?

FYI i4MMS and i4MMS fix didnt work for me.
    Last edited by RonMex; 05-05-2011 at 05:57 PM.

Thumbs up Problem FaceTime & Cellular Data Network Disappear...Solved
    Here are those steps that I tried to get FT & CDN back:
    Iphone4 V4.3.1 with BB 4.10.01 unlock with Gevey Sim
    1) Took sim tray off while the phone ON (gevey sim tray), leave phone ON without sim tray for about 15 mins
    2) Setting->General->Reset All Settings (twice)
    3) Setting->General->Reset Network Settings (twice)
    4) Now, insert gevey sim and proceeds gevey sim procedure to unlock your phone
    5) After you are done unlocking with gevey sim, then go to Cydia -> install i4MMS -> DO NOT reboot your device after installing i4MMS, simply Press Home button back to home screen
    6) On your home screen, you will see 5 options of i4MMS. I chose T-Mobile icon ->App Setting->OK. Your phone will respring and back to home screen
    7) Now refer back to the first post by Bby_Scroopy (step 5 - step 9). (Note: if you still don't see FT or CDN option appear or either one not appear, simply go to Setting->Enable Airplane Mode->wait until your carrier dissapear-> Disable Airplane Mode. You may need to do it couple times in order to see it works)

Hope these steps can help those who have the same problem as I. Again, thanks Bby_Scroopy for all your hardwork...
    Last edited by AceKingAce; 05-06-2011 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Confirm iphone4 version 4.2.1 bb 1.59.00 worked fine. Just helped my cousin with his I4.Just follow Bby install guide...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AceKingAce For This Useful Post:

RonMex (05-07-2011)

I can't get this to work on iPhone 4 4.3.2 with Gevey. Every time i reboot, it loses the settings and the Gevey starts to act up. Can't activate facetime either, it says "waiting for activation".

I think the very first release was best. I have (2) iphone 4 with Gevey. One was installed when it first release and MMS and Facetime still work. Other just install couple days ago and it works for 2-3 days and now MMS stop working with no reboot or change. It just stop...

Yes i used pwnage 4.3.2
    I went right from ios 4.1 to 4.3.2
    Be sure to activate with itunes and a att sim, even if an old canceled sim.

I am with tm and have to use the edge, all three of our iphones work great and have the old $4.99 tzones data plans.
    Push works great as well.

One thing, this APP here to activate FT kinda went nuts on my ip4
    It sent about 15 txt to the UK, I know i did not authorized or make that many attempts, nonetheless it is only a couple $'s added to our unlimited txt

Quote Originally Posted by RonMex View Post
    Cyber:

Im using i4 4.3.2 1.59bb T-Mo USA

Did you use pwnage 4.3.2 to create a custom package? I am having Edge issues and no push after update from 4.0.1. I'm regretting it now. Not only did I loose my grandfathered $19 data plan, the thing wont stay connected to 2G. considering going back to 4.0.1 if I can't get reliable data.

4.0.1 apple ipsw with att sim > activated > jbme.com > ultrasnow
    vs
    4.3.2 pwnage custom ipsw > deal with issuses.

what are your thoughts?

FYI i4MMS and i4MMS fix didnt work for me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cyber16 For This Useful Post:

RonMex (05-07-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by cyber16 View Post
    Yes i used pwnage 4.3.2
    I went right from ios 4.1 to 4.3.2
    Be sure to activate with itunes and a att sim, even if an old canceled sim.

I am with tm and have to use the edge, all three of our iphones work great and have the old $4.99 tzones data plans.
    Push works great as well.
    I attempted i4MMS again with success! I reset Network Settings twice and I did NOT reboot after install and chose internet2 for my apn and wap for MMS. Data has been more reliable since then and MMS and FT option along with CDN tab is present! Happy!

No push though...I wonder what to try? I had push working nicely with a cert from Push Doctor but they are out at the moment. I have SAM installed and am WildCard Activated but no pushy.

One more question: In pwnage tool if I choose normally activated will that cook up an IPSW with a upgraded baseband? Thinking I might jb with an active att sim and then install ultrasn0w.
    Prolly wont touch it for now. So basically the question is no funny stuff to get push working?

So far very happy with Bby Scroopy's work! Thanks a ton!

Quote Originally Posted by AceKingAce View Post
    Here are those steps that I tried to get FT & CDN back:
    Iphone4 V4.3.1 with BB 4.10.01 unlock with Gevey Sim
    1) Took sim tray off while the phone ON (gevey sim tray), leave phone ON without sim tray for about 15 mins
    2) Setting->General->Reset All Settings (twice)
    3) Setting->General->Reset Network Settings (twice)
    4) Now, insert gevey sim and proceeds gevey sim procedure to unlock your phone
    5) After you are done unlocking with gevey sim, then go to Cydia -> install i4MMS -> DO NOT reboot your device after installing i4MMS, simply Press Home button back to home screen
    6) On your home screen, you will see 5 options of i4MMS. I chose T-Mobile icon ->App Setting->OK. Your phone will respring and back to home screen
    7) Now refer back to the first post by Bby_Scroopy (step 5 - step 9). (Note: if you still don't see FT or CDN option appear or either one not appear, simply go to Setting->Enable Airplane Mode->wait until your carrier dissapear-> Disable Airplane Mode. You may need to do it couple times in order to see it works)

Hope these steps can help those who have the same problem as I. Again, thanks Bby_Scroopy for all your hardwork...
    Step 5 is Key! Thanks man!
    Last edited by RonMex; 05-07-2011 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hey, Bby Scroopy, everytime I use your method installed the i4MMS, and I reboot, gevey sim would not work.

And then I use the method provided by AceKingAce, that I didn't reboot my iphone4 after installing i4MMS, I exit Cydia right at the moment when i4MMS is installed. And followed your procedure, my FT got activited..

now, Can I uninstall the i4MMS? is my FT still activited after uninstall the i4MMS?

pwnage tool will NEVER upgrade your baseband!
    It is BEST to activate with a ATT Sim, old or current and not use SAM.
    Just install the att sim after you cook a custom ispw with pwnage tool.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMex View Post
    I attempted i4MMS again with success! I reset Network Settings twice and I did NOT reboot after install and chose internet2 for my apn and wap for MMS. Data has been more reliable since then and MMS and FT option along with CDN tab is present! Happy!

No push though...I wonder what to try? I had push working nicely with a cert from Push Doctor but they are out at the moment. I have SAM installed and am WildCard Activated but no pushy.

One more question: In pwnage tool if I choose normally activated will that cook up an IPSW with a upgraded baseband? Thinking I might jb with an active att sim and then install ultrasn0w.
    Prolly wont touch it for now. So basically the question is no funny stuff to get push working?

So far very happy with Bby Scroopy's work! Thanks a ton!

Step 5 is Key! Thanks man!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cyber16 For This Useful Post:

RonMex (05-10-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Can u make it work on 4.0 and above? My iphone 4 is on 4.0.2 bb 1.59. I just dontwant to upgrade it to 4.3.x because i heard that ultrasnow doesnt work really well on these fimrmwares

Default Got facetime working.
    Got Facetime working on iPhone 4, 4.3.2, JB + Unlocked (ultrasn0w) on T-Mobile.

This is what I did to get it working, I don't know if it will work for other, please let me know though

I used OPs method to get MMS working. (Thanks to you OP!) YOU NEED AN AT&T MICRO SIM FOR THIS.

You can do this without losing apps/cydia tweaks etc. INSTALL ULTRASN0W AND MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS UNLOCKED CORRECTLY AND YOU CAN GET A SIGNAL.

I had facetime on

1. Go to Cydia, add source "http://repo.bingner.com" without quotations. Let it do its thing.
    2. Go to Manage>Sources>http://repo.bingner.com and install SAM. (It will install other things along with it) It will ask you to respring or reboot I forget what.
    3. Next, go into your settings and scroll down till you see SAM, select that.
    4. Look for "Revert Lockdownd to stock" and press that you should get a popup that says "Stockification Success"

(This is the part where I forgot what I did, but I know I uninstalled SAM in Cydia after messing around with some options in SAM (I also know that the options I messed around with were below "Revert Lockdownd to stock) just mess around with it after trying step 6)

5. Mess with setting below the Revert Lockdownd to stock option. (You might not have to mess with anything, try not messing with anything first.
    6. Uninstall SAM thru Cydia.
    7. your goal is to get the the screen where you can make an emergency call and it has the connect to itunes picture in the background.
    8. Insert AT&T micro sim card to activate.
    9. Go to settings>phone and turn facetime on (if you had it off). If it was on, toggle on wait 15 secs, then turn on)

So A summary if you got confused. You basically want to activate the phone (Through Pwnagetool or another tool like it JUST NOT WITH A AT&T SIM). Then UNactivate it with SAM. Then activate it with an AT&T micro sim.

Hopefully it FaceTime works

Here is the SMS log from tmobile that sent the SMS that activated Facetime.

"05/09/11","10:18 AM","INCOMING","UN KINGDOM","447786205094"
    "05/09/11","10:18 AM","SMOINT","UN KINGDOM","447786205094"
    GOODLUCK
    Last edited by rXnHypnoToad; 05-09-2011 at 09:27 PM.

Well Push Doctor has more certs! I just grabbed one, tested with iPusher and that is working. I was able to get FT activated prior to that, but FT calls would not go through.

So far I am almost back to life under 4.0.1. That is great. Battery life has also dramatically improved after the i4MMS fix. I think the constant connecting and disconnecting from EDGE was zapping it. That and I brought the brightness down a bit.

Really needed mobile internet. Check.
    MMS is a treat. Check.
    FT. Activated. Check. First attempt at call unsuccessful. Perhaps working certs were needed?
    ***Just did a test with the iPad and can confirm FT is working on i4 4.3.2 1.59 T-Mo with Bb dataplan.

T-Mobile logo. Eh. It is a great way to see if the CDN tab is sticking after reboot. It didn't even after i4MMS Fix. Not a big deal just select the APN shortcut you want and reinstall > airplane mode > CDN tab > reset

Questions:

Any reason I should keep SAM? FWIW SAM Prefs reports me as WildcardActivated, which is what I want?

Cyber what is your thoughts about using SAM to deactivate, uninstall SAM and activate using ATT sim? I already did that once with SAM installed to achieve WildcardActivated status

At this point I don't think I need to change anything. Everything seems to be working!! Waiting on a push notif from fb! Just wondering if I can get rid of SAM...

Thx again Bby Scroopy for single handedly making my i4 useful again! Happy to be on 4.3.x

i'm running 4.21 with greenpoison jb and gevey sim unlock. I tried to do the cydia i4mms fix but when I press on any of the tmobile icons it keeps telling me unsupported url. I've tried installing it numerous times already installing and uninstalling it with no luck using the original method and aceking's. I'm thinking of just manually creating the plist and the bundles like scroopy suggested in the first post. how exactly do i do this? don't care too much for facetime, but i really just want to get mms working.

is it me or the repo doesnt work anymore?

still no facetime for me. push work fine. its the carrier that's blocking the sms from coming back. :/
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

I finally got facetime to work, however, it's not that stable. What I mean is if I didn't use facetime for a while, just say 15 mins, then if I want to use facetime with other person that already has facetime activated (she uses AT&T so facetime is activated normally with no problem). The call didn't go through. Unless I took her phone to call me, no matter how many times I tried to call her with my phone, she will not get the call.

Is this normal? Anyone ever has this problem?

Originally I was having trouble getting my MMS to work as well as Facetime on iphone4 4.1 using gevey sim until I found this instructions from bbscroopy. Thanks to you bbscroopy! At first i got my facetime working but having trouble getting MMS to work. I followed the step by step instructions from here. Selected the first Tmobile options for mms applied then nothing happens. How I resolved my problem is I did remove the simcard w/gevey then applying the first option again for Tmobile (mms) applied, reset settings, and both of my Facetime and MMS finally working!!!

@ba2toyko : can you use internet with the settings?

ok so i finally got MMS and Facetime working on iOS 4.2.1 TMOBILE USA 1.59.00. Like i said in my previous post, i tried all the options and none of them worked for me. Those options will only fix FT but MMS. So now i did it my own way, by trial and error. So here it is. From step one.

1. Restored my phone completely, jailbroken with Greenpoison, unlocked with ultrasnow.
    2. Added bbyscroopy's repo.
    3. Install REBOOT FIX (this will install i4MMS as well)
    4. DO NOT REBOOT, just press home button, and install option 1 for t-mobile (although anyone of the options might work)
    5. Reset network settings TWICE by going to Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Network>Reset Settings
    6. So now try sending a picture message to yourself (it will probably fail, if ur MMS works then follow scroopy's steps 8-10)
    7. If MMS didn't work (like it didnt for me), manually turn off your phone and turn it back on.
    8. Now go to your network settings and manually change the Apn and MMS
    9. Edit these fields ONLY (this is important!)

Cellular Data
    APN: wap.voicestream.com

MMS
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

DO NOT RESET SETTINGS FROM HERE ANYMORE

10. Turn off your iphone and turn it back on.

11. Now try sending and receiving picture messages, it should work, if it doesn't then I dont know what else will.

These are the exact steps i took to fix my MMS first, and they work. Sending and Receiving works.

12. Now when MMS is confirmed working, just go to settings>toggle airplane mode ON> wait until carrier dissapears> turn it back on> go to Phone settings> turn on Facetime, and THATS IT... facetime should activate soon.

You are good to go. Remember i am on iOS 4.2.1 unlocked on TMOBILE USA. Everyhting works perfect.

Shout out to scroopy for all his hard work. Hope this helps everyone out.
    Last edited by Nasp30; 05-12-2011 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

whats going on is this some sort of conspiracy I have tried everything and been to various forums and still cant get mms to work on simple mobile!!! Is their anyone that has solved this and has a true fix for this issue?????????????

Works perfectly but for mobile hotspot, i deleted all mms hacks before this. Then after i activated facetime, i kept the i4mms and installed the one from pushfix also. Now tethering and facetime work. Thanks btw

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast