Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fix MMS, Internet & Activate FaceTime iPhone 4 on US Carriers. TMobile, SimpleMobile.

Thanks

Source is back up
    "Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more."
    -- Mark Twain

What's Jailbreak? BTheFemmeFatale's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bby Scroopy View Post
    what are you talking about there has been nothing wrong with my repo. i make sure its running. like basic stuff here. i saw the guy post the comment and verified it was running from 3 locations wen i was at work
    Well i have iphone 4 and this worked i attached my iphone 4 pictures here to prove that i am using gevey sim unlock and i am on bb 4.10.01 and using my current firmware is 4.3.2

Add this source to cydia
    Works with iOS 4.1 and above
    T-Mobile USA and SimpleMobile at the moment
    Thanks to ECO for testing this now works on Simple Mobile US with facetime

IM BACK!^_^ lol

Allright well I have been working on i4MMS for a couple days now, I gazillion tested it through ifile, ssh, and terminal,cydia (pain in the tushy lol) I forgot what version im up too already anyways I believe I caught everything so everyones support will be appreciated.

Install Guide:
    1. Add the following source to cydia.
    2. Locate i4MMS, download, install, and reboot.
    3. There will be 5 icons(options) on springboard as listed
      • Option 1
        • Internet APN : internet2.voicestream.com
        • MMS APN: wap.voicestream.com
      • Option 2
        • Intenet APN: internet2.voicestream.com
        • MMS APN: epc.tmobile.com
      • Option 3
        • Intenet APN: epc.tmobile.com
        • MMS APN: wap.voicestream.com
      • Option 4
        • Intenet APN: epc.tmobile.com
        • MMS APN: epc.tmobile.com
      • Option 5
        • Intenet APN: simple
        • MMS APN: simple
    4. Choose whichever works for you, or if you dont know guess or look it up. Once you did click "Apply Settings" and device will respring.
    5. Open Settings app. Go to General>Network. Here you will disable 3G and enable Data Roaming.
    6. Now open Cellular Data Network. *General>Network>Cellular Data Network* Scroll to the bottom and “Reset Settings” once or twice until all fields populate by themselves.
    7. MMS and/or Edge internet should work now if not go back to step 4.
    8. Enable airplane mode and wait until carrier disappears.
    9. Disable airplane mode. Open Settings app and go to Phone tab (Settings>Phone) and enable Facetime toggle. *This might take a couple minutes and carrier may charge for international text message.
    10. Done

Note:
    I am unable to give users the option to use tethering or mobile hotspot because in order to do it I would have to overwrite unknown.bundle therefore use TetherMe or if i get ppl to ask for it ill build one
    If for some reason MMS settings are not working correctly for you and they previously where please send me your MMS APN and MMS info.
    Also for some people settings do not "stick" I believe it depends on iOS version for the most part. Anyways i have updated i4MMSFix and i can confirm its working at doing its job.
    Any bugs, comments, love/hate/ just let me know.
    Hit thanks if I helped, even better look at my signature, I spend a lot of work here. ^_^
    Paypal Email: [email protected]
    Click here to donate: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=A2SL8J2CBHMRL

How to video. (Lagy)
    YouTube - i4MMS T-Mobile Facetime MMS

Fix:
    Okay for those that i4MMS fix is not working(weird) but your settings dont stick heres a fix its basically what i4MMS does.
    SSH or use iFile and navigate to /var/mobile/Library

Using SSH you can right click on empty white space and create new link.
    iFile you can just use edit, + sign, and change attributes type to Symbolic Link

you will create the following filesHAS TO BE WORD BY WORD AND CAPS COUNT)

Carrier Bundle.bundle
    and link it to /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/TMobile_USA.bundle

Operator Bundle.bundle
    and link it to /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/TMobile_USA.bundle

now go to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences
    and create these 2 files

com.apple.carrier.plist
    and link it to /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/TMobile_USA.bundle/carrier.plist

com.apple.operator.plist
    and link it to /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/TMobile_USA.bundle/carrier.plist
    okay i thought mine worked but the facetime just keeps saying waiting for activation
    can u help my bby
    Last edited by BTheFemmeFatale; 05-02-2011 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    It's BRITNEY ***** ARE YOU A FEMME FATALE BTHEFEMMEFATALE

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

what are you talking about there has been nothing wrong with my repo. i make sure its running. like basic stuff here. i saw the guy post the comment and verified it was running from 3 locations wen i was at work
    FYI: I just happened to notice your site was down about 5 minutes before his post. apt-get update timed out on your site and checked again when I say his post.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

Bby Scroopy (05-02-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    FYI: I just happened to notice your site was down about 5 minutes before his post. apt-get update timed out on your site and checked again when I say his post.
    hey do you know how to get facetime activated on the ipsw 4.3.2 and i did all the steps event the beautiful tmobile showed up the mms works the edge internet works i used the internet2.voicestream/wap.voicestream alternative and it shows up the the international fix is on and everything seems to be working but facetime says waiting for activation what do i do some one help me please

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^Sorry I can't help you. This is spookeys thread. He has the definitive answers. Last I remember, full 4.3.2 support was being worked on.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

BTheFemmeFatale (05-02-2011)

Thanks

^Sorry I can't help you. This is spookeys thread. He has the definitive answers. Last I remember, full 4.3.2 support was being worked on.
    well thanks anyway doll i apreciate it i will just wait until bby gets back online

I downloaded i4mms this morning and FaceTime is working but mms still don't work any ideas? Thanks

Hey man I really need your help,

I was previously on 4.0.2 with a T-Mobile iPhone 4, and I had internet2.voicestream.com in the Edge section of Cellular Data and it worked (edge, that is), although no matter what I did MMS did not work. Now I am on 4.3.2 unlocked and jailbroken T-Mobile iPhone 4, and I have installed your package and neither edge nor MMS work. I need edge DESPERATELY since I use it at my job everyday. What do I do to fix the egde? I have used all 4 of your T-Mobile packages, reset settings, then put into airplane mode, and none have worked. I appreciate the help in advance, as it is MUCH needed.

Developer
    Thanks

thats weird.. idk..too many ppl lol

and it works? i have 4.3.2 ^_^ in theory it should work with all iOS versions 4.0 and up from the way i build everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Richtang View Post
    I downloaded i4mms this morning and FaceTime is working but mms still don't work any ideas? Thanks
    uninstall and then check your apn settings facetime should still work

Quote Originally Posted by BTheFemmeFatale View Post
    well thanks anyway doll i apreciate it i will just wait until bby gets back online
    can u PM it be easier to work this out
    Last edited by Bby Scroopy; 05-02-2011 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Folks,
    I was having a difficult time getting facetime to activate.
    Then i went in to show my calling ID while facetime was trying to activate, as soon as i toggle my caller id to ON, Facetime activated!
    Almost instantly, i mean within seconds.
    ip4
    ios 4.3.2
    BB 1.59
    Unlocked via ultraSnow
    T-Mobile USA

I used the first t-mobile option

I am not new to the iphone, have had multiples of every model over the years, I was NOT having any issues with edge, MMS or other.
    I simply wanted to activate Facetime since we have been using it on our macbooks pro's

I am NOT sure if the caller ID thing had anything to do with my facetime finally activating, yet it was within seconds of me setting it to SHOW while facetime was trying to activate.

Maybe this will help a few folks
    Once facetime was activated, i set show caller ID back off and facetime continues to work normally, yet IT will show ID on ALL facetime calls

Default Need Help, Please
    I have the iphone 4 4.3.2 04.10.01 version. Followed everything you said, but nothing worked. Everything that was suppose to be there was there but nothing worked.

I uninstalled it and like you said FaceTime still work but what setting should the apn be?

Thanks

I have 2 iphone 4 4.3.2 new base band 4.10 used with gevey sim and its work every thing thank you so much i love your work man

Quote Originally Posted by kevin901 View Post
    I have 2 iphone 4 4.3.2 new base band 4.10 used with gevey sim and its work every thing thank you so much i love your work man

How did you do it??? I have also unlocked my phone with GEVEY and followed all the steps but it will not work.

Thanks

did u get my pm bby

can someone help me okay my dad unblocked the international block but it still dont work but i am using the first tmobile alt it is stuck on waiting for activation what do i do here is pictures of my ipsw from my iphone and my firmware MobileMe Gallery
    Last edited by BTheFemmeFatale; 05-02-2011 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qmgs View Post
    Anyone success on iOS4.3.2 BB 4.10.1 Gevey sim unlock
    Am on it now works fine

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kevin901 View Post
    You got face time are you jb am not

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cmds187 View Post
    You got face time are you jb am not
    mmm in order to install i4mms u have to be jailbroken

im going to post requirements for i4MMS in first post
    Last edited by Bby Scroopy; 05-02-2011 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Iphone 4g 4.3.2 need help
    Quote Originally Posted by cmds187 View Post
    am on it now works fine
    can you show me step by step of how u do it with gevey sim unlock
    i got the tmobile logo the mms working but not facetime (waiting for activation)

i did all the steps that bby shows in the first post wat am i missing?

I have 2 iphone 4g one is under ver 4.2.1 baseband 3.10.01 and other is ver 4.3.2 baseband 4.10.01

i did bby scroopy i4mms step by step for both and here are the consequences

1) facetime working on 4.2.1 not mms
    2) mms working on 4.3.2 not facetime (waiting for activation)

wat am i doing wrong - i choose the first tmobile option for both and did try other 3 options for both for same thing happen. Can anyone help please????
    Last edited by vumui; 05-03-2011 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Need help to activate FT on version 4.3.1 baseband 4.10.01
    Hi,
    I tried Bby installing guide to activate FT on my iphone 4 version 4.3.1 baseband 4.10.01 carrier 10.0 gevey unlocked.
    1) First, I downloaded and installed i4MMS then "REBOOT DEVICE"
    2) After device reboot, I saw 5 options on the Springboard but I couldn't choose either one
    3) So, I uninstalled i4MMS and redownload i4MMS Fix, still get the same problem (couldn't choose any of 5 options).
    - Did I do something wrong or missed any steps?
    - Can anyone please help? I must appreciate. Thank

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast