Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone4 stuck in recovery mode? Please Help...

Exclamation Iphone4 stuck in recovery mode? Please Help...
    Today i soft reset my phone like i have multiple times before...now the only thing that shows up on my phone when i press the power button is a wire that says connect to itunes. when i connect to itunes, it says there is a phone stuck in recovery mode, you must restore your phone to factory settings. WTF?? Can anyone help me? PLEASE!!

download tinyumbrella and try to kick the phone out of recovery

Quote Originally Posted by DahJah808 View Post
    Today i soft reset my phone like i have multiple times before...now the only thing that shows up on my phone when i press the power button is a wire that says connect to itunes. when i connect to itunes, it says there is a phone stuck in recovery mode, you must restore your phone to factory settings. WTF?? Can anyone help me? PLEASE!!
    Normally i would say to use tinyumbrella to kick it out of recovery mode. But it is broken in the current version. But there is a fix for it. This is a link to iClarified, they tell you how to use it at Step 7. So just start there and you should be all set.

iClarified - iPhone - How to Update Your iPhone 4 Without Upgrading the Baseband (Windows) 4.3.1

I was able to fix this on my iPhone 4 after about 5 tries by putting into DFU mode, when it got stuck on the iTunes logo. This help you restore your iPhone without loading the OS first.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    I was able to fix this on my iPhone 4 after about 5 tries by putting into DFU mode, when it got stuck on the iTunes logo. This help you restore your iPhone without loading the OS first.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    can you clarify as to what "DFU" mode is and how to do that? Thanks